Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I just traded in my 09 GTR for a 08 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Congratulations!!!! I just bought an 07 last Saturday. You will love it!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Welcome to the 6...

Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
bperry is infamous around these parts
I did the same. Sold my 10 GT-R for my GT3 RS.2 and haven't looked back. Very different driving experiences .

Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 PM
jrhrx is infamous around these parts
First let me say Thank You for the welcome to 6SpeedOnLine.
The decision to trade the GTR was not easy. It is an amazing car and a thrill to drive. My reason for the trade was that I lost the passion to drive the car. It was effortless to drive hard and fast. It didn't take skill at all, just *****. My first 100 miles in the GT3 is quite a different experience. The manual transmission, rear wheel drive and the natural aspiration takes touch and skill to master. It feels like an art that needs to be honed. I am looking forward to learning this cars nuances and personality. I feel connection instead of disconnect. I feel the passion again. Time will tell but I will put in the time to understand and know this car. I think that I will find the driving reward again. The GTR is an amazing experience of new technology. Slap a 6 speed in it and it may be tough to beat. For me, I want to press my skills not the computers.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jrhrx
The decision to trade the GTR was not easy. It is an amazing car and a thrill to drive. My reason for the trade was that I lost the passion to drive the car. It was effortless to drive hard and fast. It didn't take skill at all, just *****. My first 100 miles in the GT3 is quite a different experience. The manual transmission, rear wheel drive and the natural aspiration takes touch and skill to master. It feels like an art that needs to be honed. I am looking forward to learning this cars nuances and personality. I feel connection instead of disconnect. I feel the passion again. Time will tell but I will put in the time to understand and know this car. I think that I will find the driving reward again. The GTR is an amazing experience of new technology. Slap a 6 speed in it and it may be tough to beat. For me, I want to press my skills not the computers.
Like your observations on the GTR. I think you found a nice GT3 in options and color combo,etc. Have a blast!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AlexN
Congrats and welcome. you moved from one end of the spectrum to the other
what are your initial impressions? and how does it compare to the GTR?
I could give a direct comparison as I own both and would give an unbiased opinion .

Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jrhrx
You have given a very good assessment of the two cars. I would add that the GTR is an amazing cross continent destroyer- far better to cruise expressways than the GT3, and far more practical. The way it does things so effortlessly is a lovely break from the constant fear in the backof ones mind when pushing the GT3. Conversely, the GTR lacks liveliness, whereas the GT3 moves under your every throttle input.

But the fun they offer is very different. When I drive the GTR I fear no other car on the street and it will run circles around anything as well as kill anything in a straight line (a GT3 will be left for dead whether on a straight or corner for sheer pace). I feel freaking INVINCIBLE!!! On the track, so long as you have the requisite cooling systems on the diffs and trannies, it has immense capability. Its really a car for the Playstation generation.

However, for delicacy and finesse, the GT3 kills it hands down. It just doesnt intervene in the way that the GTR's electronics do (they genuinely kill any possibility at a **** up) by intervening so darn early that you wonder if there is something wrong with your senses. The GT3 lets you get into trouble if you are not smooth with your inputs- in other words it wants you to drive it with your brains, not your *****. I actually feel proud to boast about my track times in the GT3RS because i know it was me doing those times... unlike the GTR...

Both very different, but both offering fantastic driving experiences in their own right. Having grown up on Porsches, I must say that the GTR is a breath of fresh air and a great vaccation from the GT3.

Which do I prefer? Depends on my mood but neither is better than the other.

Last edited by Harold; 04-19-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Harold
You have given a very good assessment of the two cars. I would add that the GTR is an amazing cross continent destroyer- far better to cruise expressways than the GT3, and far more practical. The way it does things so effortlessly is a lovely break from the constant fear in the backof ones mind when pushing the GT3. Conversely, the GTR lacks liveliness, whereas the GT3 moves under your every throttle input.

But the fun they offer is very different. When I drive the GTR I fear no other car on the street and it will run circles around anything as well as kill anything in a straight line (a GT3 will be left for dead whether on a straight or corner for sheer pace). I feel freaking INVINCIBLE!!! On the track, so long as you have the requisite cooling systems on the diffs and trannies, it has immense capability. Its really a car for the Playstation generation.

However, for delicacy and finesse, the GT3 kills it hands down. It just doesnt intervene in the way that the GTR's electronics do (they genuinely kill any possibility at a **** up) by intervening so darn early that you wonder if there is something wrong with your senses. The GT3 lets you get into trouble if you are not smooth with your inputs- in other words it wants you to drive it with your brains, not your *****. I actually feel proud to boast about my track times in the GT3RS because i know it was me doing those times... unlike the GTR...

Both very different, but both offering fantastic driving experiences in their own right. Having grown up on Porsches, I must say that the GTR is a breath of fresh air and a great vaccation from the GT3.

Which do I prefer? Depends on my mood but neither is better than the other.
+1, very well said and accurate. Both cars have their own offer thier own thrills are excellent in what they provide. I'll likely pick up another GT-R to go with my 3RS.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Cabinetman is infamous around these partsCabinetman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Harold
I was telling my friend the other day that when driving the GT-R I feel like a predator on the road. I'm not much of a street racer, but just knowing I will rarely see a car that is as capable on the street in a bit of an ego boost.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Gtr

The GT-R is frankly an ideal setup for US roads since we rarely get into top end speed situations. The GT-R's fast spool turbos make it a demon off the line and mid-range acceleration situations and its very competitive with any car up to 130ish MPH(stock). Anything over and the car starts losing it's advantage. The DCT gives it second to none shift speeds and the trick AWD system provide unbelievable traction and road control. No wonder those that drive it feel invincible. It takes to mods extremely well too-$5k will provide 650hp and similar tq. and now there are monster 1k+hp versions running the streets(they make a better proposition than Porsche Turbos at these higher mod levels). Plus, it's a great DD if not hauling passengers all the time. True, it's a bit large and heavy for my taste and can't match the GT3's feel and finese, but it's a very hard platform to beat, especially for the $. There were a lot of naysayers about this car (some on this board) but I'm definitely not one them after my ownership experience-never an issue with my modded car. I still love Porsche's though-especially the GT cars. Enjoy them both.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
im in the exact opposite situation - ending 4 yr lease of gt3 and going to a 2012 gtr. the gt3 was my dd, did about 25 track days, and it never missed a beat. got tons of thumbs up too. i will miss the sound of 8000+ rpm but i look forward to dct, awd, and all the electronics of the gtr. maybe im getting old now that i passed 50