Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

ROLL CALL: Rennsport IV Oct. 14-16-2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
ROLL CALL: Rennsport IV Oct. 14-16-2011

Figured I start a thread. I got started early because now was as good as any other time. Got me tickets today ( Premier Pit Row Suite) and my hotel reservations ( Montery Plaza Hotel and Spa). Going to there from Wed-Monday to make a vacation out of it. Would love to ship my car over there if there was something to do with it at the track (other than putt putt around and play follow the leader). Was thinking about shipping one of my cars to L.A. And then drive up the coast road to Monterey. Not sure what the weather situation is that time of year. Lots of time to figure all that out.
Looking forward to the event having never been to one. We will see I guess.

Chime in, any feedback is always welcome.

-Troy

Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
the weather should be perfect that time of year (possibly some fog in the morning in Monterey and along the coast)...check Motorsports.reg for any events by speedventures, POC/PCA, trackmasters and hooked on driving...you could nail a DE at Laguna Seca around that same time...In 2009 PCA had a DE the Monday following the Historics weekend...it was great fun as David Donohue and Tommy Kendall were there with the Panamera recording their show between sessions...

Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We will be there ............... Were bringing the entire gang

Old 04-23-2011, 12:10 AM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
the weather should be perfect that time of year (possibly some fog in the morning in Monterey and along the coast)...check Motorsports.reg for any events by speedventures, POC/PCA, trackmasters and hooked on driving...you could nail a DE at Laguna Seca around that same time...In 2009 PCA had a DE the Monday following the Historics weekend...it was great fun as David Donohue and Tommy Kendall were there with the Panamera recording their show between sessions...
Monterey Region PCA will host a DE @ Laguna Seca right before or the day after the Rensport event. Check in w/ Monterey region for updates.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jurnes
Monterey Region PCA will host a DE @ Laguna Seca right before or the day after the Rensport event. Check in w/ Monterey region for updates.
Interesting. Wonder what it would be like running up the coast in a couple loud GT3's?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you have brought up a potential problem...most DE days at Laguna are 90db-92db days with an occasional 94db day...a loud GT3 will get you the meatball

Old 04-23-2011, 08:51 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
you have brought up a potential problem...most DE days at Laguna are 90db-92db days with an occasional 94db day...a loud GT3 will get you the meatball
Yeah, I figured that was coming. I was really meaning the PCH run from LA to SanFran.

I wonder what a 3.8 with full track exhaust runs db wise?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
^^ Definitely over 100 db. Just a bypass puts you over 90-92 at Laguna Seca. Mikymu has a video somewhere of him measuring db, but I don't remember which exhaust he had on at the time.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
^^ Definitely over 100 db.
That's a good thing.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Administrator
ok, I have a different suggestion...take I-5 out of LA to Buttonwillow (no sound limit...technical track but no Laguna Seca...still a kick in the butt)...catch it on a Friday...most likely it will be a test day and you can run all day for $150 or there will be a DE there (but it will be more expensive)...after you have driven your brains out go north on I-5 to 46 west to Chalome (past where James Dean was killed) and merge with 41 west to Atascadero and then to Morro Bay and take 1 up the coast to Monterey

Old 04-24-2011, 09:56 AM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
Politics dictates the db levels for a given day at Laguna. I don't know which db level will be in effect that day (when the day is set). PCA MBR should be noting the noise limits for the DE when they post the event on Motorsports reg.com.

Additionally, those 6speed members that run Laguna Seca should be of some help to those outside the area with overcoming the noise police.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Rennsport will most likely be a no sound restriction weekend as this is a large specator weekend and on the main calendar.. It is considered a PRO weekend.

We went through this when we organized the Global Tuner Grand Prix last year.

There will be way to many vintage and rare Porsche race cars and I can assure you will not see any wierd contraptions hanging off the rear of a 962 or 935 going around the track.

This will be a VERY big weekend..

Expect to see the Monterey Peninsula to be Porsche central that weekend...

Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Glock Guru and myself plan on trying to increase the number of Porsche's there.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Eric S is infamous around these parts
There for sure

I attended the last event @ Daytona and would NOT miss one in my backyard. THE most amazing P-Car event ever

Booked and see you all there.

Been waiting to see this on the calender now for last 2-3 years.

A beautiful time of year in Monterey Peninsula. Do not miss this.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 AM
^Welcome. Give myself and Glock Guru some suggestions of stuff to do, etc. in the evening with our wives. Never been to that part of the world. Sorry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ROLL CALL: Rennsport IV Oct. 14-16-2011