Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best porsche dealer in Houston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Best porsche dealer in Houston?

any tips guys? New hear and want to make sure I choose the right one.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Greentree is infamous around these parts
Jeff Pollard, the service manager at Momentum Porsche, is an ex-short track pro. He can talk tuning, tires, and chassis set-up with you all day long. That's where I go. If Momentum is too far away, Roger Gay at North Houston Porsche is very active in the PCA. We see him at the track all the time. I haven't been to West Houston Porsche in years, so I can't say one way or the other about them.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:23 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Agree Jeff is worth the drive. Great guy and no nonsense. West Houston and Momentum are owned by same company. Sonic. They r tune friendly dealer. Everyone at North is nice but theuy tend to spec out cars to the nines and drive up cost.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:18 PM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Ditto on Momentum.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:08 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Are you talking sales or service? As for service, I was not happy with Momentum and will not take my car there ever again. I had some semi-major service there and they left a number of wires loose in the engine bay. I asked them to fix it before I left the shop and they simply zip tied it the wires to random pieces in the engine bay - no proper routing or OEM clips. When I got home, one of the zip ties was loose and one wire was touching moving parts. It ate partway through the insulation. It looks like the wires are just hacked together in the engine bay, so if I ever try to sell the car, I'll have to get it repaired correctly as it looks really bush league.

That being said, Jeff is a good guy, very knowledgeable and willing to help. I just think their techs are not experienced. I go to the track and can't trust my safety to people that do shoddy work.

Perhaps they treat customers that buy cars there better.

My money goes elsewhere.

-td

Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
kba
kba is infamous around these parts
I had a ***** of a sales man at Momentum Porsche. I was looking at a GT3 or a Turbo (if I went with a Porsche) and he just didn’t take me serious, which I understand as I am young – but not much younger than he was. I looked at a GT3 and asked to look at a Turbo, which he replied “it’s looks the same inside as the GT3”. Needless to say, I now own an Aston. However, I know eventually I’ll own a GT3 RS but, I certainly won’t be purchasing it from Momentum.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
samiam8888 is infamous around these parts
I'm still cutting teeth with West Houston, so far so good. James (service) has been good to my RS. More to follow...

Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Sympathy

I hear ya on sales people, but in my experience thats often all dealers at high end car shops. I am 45 and look about 35 and have visited all the Porsche dealers in town for years and if u look young they often ASSUME you can't buy. Big mistake on their part but u can't take it personally. If u go back to Momentum ask for Jack McCall, Brandon or Jennifer. All r good people and Jessica is back as sales mgr and she is sweet also. If u go west Houston, ask for Carlos. He is the mgr and there is not a nicer guy around. if Carlos had a car I wanted would buy from him all day long. He is the kind of guy who wants to build long term Porsche repeat customers. Tell him Howard sent u.

TE=kba;3200905]I had a ***** of a sales man at Momentum Porsche. I was looking at a GT3 or a Turbo (if I went with a Porsche) and he just didn’t take me serious, which I understand as I am young – but not much younger than he was. I looked at a GT3 and asked to look at a Turbo, which he replied “it’s looks the same inside as the GT3”. Needless to say, I now own an Aston. However, I know eventually I’ll own a GT3 RS but, I certainly won’t be purchasing it from Momentum. [/QUOTE]

Old 05-11-2011, 06:53 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I have had nothing but good experience at West Houston. Carlos is a great guy and has always been easy to deal with. The service dept is the best, Don and Hans are the best techs in Houston imo.