Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Fatt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Fatt

Yesterday was FATT at Summit Point, WV and I took the GT3 up for the day.
Went out in both Instructor sessions and passed everyone. Even caught up to another Instructor in a Porsche Turbo, but he didn't give me a point-by.
The GT3 is the most fun car I've ever had!!
Mr. B

Old 05-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Ahhh, so that was your car. I saw it up there parked near the classroom/registration. The Sharky pipe sounded great. You should look into radiator screens for the front, mine got banged up pretty bad from debris on the track.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Ahhh, so that was your car. I saw it up there parked near the classroom/registration. The Sharky pipe sounded great. You should look into radiator screens for the front, mine got banged up pretty bad from debris on the track.
Yep, that was me parked up by the classroom.
Good suggestion about the radiator screens.
Any recommendations on where to get them??

Was yours the white one?
What group were you in??
Mr. B

Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Either of you guys in Potomac PCA? If yes, look forward to meeting you at SP later in the year.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by landjet
Either of you guys in Potomac PCA? If yes, look forward to meeting you at SP later in the year.
I'm a member of the Potomac PCA and have been certified to instruct for them, but haven't found the time to do it yet. Occasionally, Mrs. B and I go to the breakfasts.
Mr. B

Old 05-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Mr. B- I know Sharkwerks carries them and I believe GMG does as well. I was in 1b during the morning and was moved into 2.

Landjet, I was a member, just need to renew my membership. Expired a week or two ago. Hope to see you at the PCA track day as well!

Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Mr. B- I know Sharkwerks carries them and I believe GMG does as well. I was in 1b during the morning and was moved into 2.

Landjet, I was a member, just need to renew my membership. Expired a week or two ago. Hope to see you at the PCA track day as well!
Yours was the white GT3. I meant to get into your car to instruct, but someone beat me to it.
Thanks for the info about the radiator screens.
Mr. B

Old 05-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Yours was the white GT3. I meant to get into your car to instruct, but someone beat me to it.
Thanks for the info about the radiator screens.
Mr. B
Not a problem sir, hope to see you out there again!

Old 05-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Not a problem sir, hope to see you out there again!

Oh, you will for certain!
Mr. B

Old 05-09-2011, 07:16 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
FVD also has the grill screens, very good service, installed them on my turbo, must have IMHO

Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by dinorocz
FVD also has the grill screens, very good service, installed them on my turbo, must have IMHO
Porsche knows these cars will be track driven.
Wonder why they didn't provide radiator screens themselves.
Mr. B

Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
What kind of times do they turn at FATT?

Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by rmag
What kind of times do they turn at FATT?

I've never timed myself at an HPDE, only at SCCA races in my 1999 Civic Si racecar.
Mr. B

Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
We do use the cargraphic ones but if any of you are good at DIY it's certainly something that can be a fun Saturday project. Remove the front bumper. Go to Home Depot/Lowes etc... and just pick some screen mesh you like and cut it to fit/form in between the bumper to protect the radiators and yer' done

Old 05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
I was in 1B last year... I wouldnt mind moving to group 2... My last 2 Fatts last year I should have moved up but both times I had issues with intercooler piping on the GTR and then the tunes... (limp modes)...

Last edited by ShahulX; 05-11-2011 at 12:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fatt