Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best Motoring: 458 vs ZR1 vs NSX-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Best Motoring: 458 vs ZR1 vs NSX-R

its Tsukuba

and "Drift King" Tsuchiya is driving his personal, tuned NSX-R

against a 458 and ZR1

of course given its Best Motoring, the race HAS to be rigged... and so the invincible NSX-R HAS to win... right? :smilie:

YouTube - Ferrari 458 italia vs Corvette ZR1 vs Amuse 370z vs DK NSX-R vs RSD 360 Modena

Mods... i know, no Porsche content here. Sorry, but i thought it was an entertaining vid to watch anyway.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:57 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Good vid. Cool to see an Amuse 370 getting raced around a track. Goes to show that Amuse takes themselves seriously. Also shows what a potent weapon the ZR1 is. That 360 sounded and looked like a beast!

Jason

Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Love this show, these guys are all racers and their tech info segments are always great. Not surprising to see how much faster the ZR-1 and 458 are on the track... lol watching the 458 shifting / passing and yeah that 360 sounds great!

Here are a couple of my favorite BMI videos:
http://www.streetfire.net/video/best...s15_558973.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnwoNxtdJpI

Also the Amuse S2000 Touge one is good, but I can't find the link.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:43 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Love this show, these guys are all racers and their tech info segments are always great.
sorry to break the news to you, but if you haven't yet heard, the show has just been cancelled. i mean, the DVD's are no longer going to be produced, it was announced just last month.

they had an absolutely incredible run-- 24 years! i remember buying some original VHS tapes back in the late 80's during a visit to Tokyo. I still have those tapes too, featuring among others, a first gen Viper and F40.

BM has been many things-- whacky, crazy, brilliant, controversial, and at times, absolutely ridiculous (in a bad way)... but almost always very entertaining.

there are many BM haters on here I know, but the world has just been deprived of a real petrolhead show, and that's a sad thing.

R.I.P. Best Motoring (1987-2011)

Old 05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hesperus
sorry to break the news to you, but if you haven't yet heard, the show has just been cancelled. i mean, the DVD's are no longer going to be produced, it was announced just last month.

they had an absolutely incredible run-- 24 years! i remember buying some original VHS tapes back in the late 80's during a visit to Tokyo. I still have those tapes too, featuring among others, a first gen Viper and F40.

BM has been many things-- whacky, crazy, brilliant, controversial, and at times, absolutely ridiculous (in a bad way)... but almost always very entertaining.

there are many BM haters on here I know, but the world has just been deprived of a real petrolhead show, and that's a sad thing.

R.I.P. Best Motoring (1987-2011)

wow that really sucks... I've seen and watched (and we even have some at the shop) the show since like 2001 or so? What a shame.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
that was fun to watch, here is one with porsche's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuaOyNHYK08

Old 05-12-2011, 01:04 PM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
ZR1 is a beast. 458 looks to be a handful to drive around a track. The NSX is setup pretty well for Tsukuba since it doesn't favor high horsepower cars very well since its such a short track. Try an NSX around Fuji with those same cars and it'll be waaaaaay back.

Thanks for posting!

Old 05-12-2011, 06:09 PM
aussie jimmy is infamous around these partsaussie jimmy is infamous around these parts
sad news! i used to love watching their crazy antics.
gansan was such a cool customer, and he used to compete with his son, and never let him win....poor fella!

this one is for dan@sharkeys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEt06urt74g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5kdH...eature=related

Old 05-12-2011, 06:50 PM
shaq93 is infamous around these parts
Yea that sucks man, I used to love to watch the s2000's

Old 05-20-2011, 10:44 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
sad news! i used to love watching their crazy antics.
gansan was such a cool customer, and he used to compete with his son, and never let him win....poor fella!

this one is for dan@sharkeys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEt06urt74g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5kdH...eature=related
So that's what he was doing all day yesterday? I heard some very weird 4-banger type noises coming from his PC speakers:P

Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM
aussie jimmy is infamous around these partsaussie jimmy is infamous around these parts
i've watched 'em 100 times too...haha they're maniacs with no o.h.s. laws!