Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Pilot Super Sports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:51 AM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Well, I guess if these tires end up sucking, we'll all be found in a ditch together

Old 09-11-2011, 03:14 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
I've been checking Tire Rack for sometime now, still can't find 325/30/19

MPS cups are way too noisy for street use.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback I have received so far has been nothing short of phenomenal. In every aspect this is a better tire than the PS2 was. I have plenty in stock and they are just about done with their "introductory" pricing. Please give me a call to order.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-12-2011, 02:10 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SRW
I've been checking Tire Rack for sometime now, still can't find 325/30/19

MPS cups are way too noisy for street use.
See Damon............ we have yet another in need............(I am relentless)

Old 09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Feedback I have received so far has been nothing short of phenomenal. In every aspect this is a better tire than the PS2 was. I have plenty in stock and they are just about done with their "introductory" pricing. Please give me a call to order.
I agree, PS2's are not even close to the SS's! I am very happy with this tire and pleasently surprised.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
What kind of pricing hike should we expect?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
I saw people trying to compare SS to R888 ? apples to oranges. Should compare the PSCups to R888. SS is a street tire that you can track, like an RE-11 or AD08.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
How is the sidewall wear so-far on the SS's? (I ask because the PS2s on hard cornering seem to shave off quick, and just seems the more rounded profile leads to that. The MPSCs do not)............just curious.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
OK, I just spent the day at Summit Point on my new Super Sports.
They are a great track tire!! Much better than PS2's.
Mr. B

Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mr. B
A few hundred miles on new tires are just for "breaking then in."
Let us know how you like them on the track.
Mr. B

Just did my first track day on these tires and they are much better than the older PS2's.
This may be a repeat, but this is good info:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...&AID=10398365&

Mr. B

Old 09-15-2011, 08:26 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Damon, what sizes, if any, will work on factory 20' 2010 Panamera turbo wheels? Super excited about these tires and hope to break into the 10s in this family truckster.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:23 AM
jakegt3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
How is the sidewall wear so-far on the SS's? (I ask because the PS2s on hard cornering seem to shave off quick, and just seems the more rounded profile leads to that. The MPSCs do not)............just curious.
I now have 5 track days (3 dry, 2 wet) on my PSS's, and the shoulders of the tires have worn down noticeably. When new, the edges have a slightly square profile and now it's more rounded. I'm not an expert driver (I'm Blue run group) so I'm not as hard on tires as more aggressive drivers.

I'm still getting used to the PSS, but the more I use them, the more I like them. I think they are particularly good in the rain.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:22 PM
box986 is infamous around these parts

How does the Pilot SS compare to RE-11 or AD08, I see that Tirerack still put them in 2 different category.