Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Pilot Super Sports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:46 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Pilot Super Sports

Guys:

My Corsas need replacing soon and I searched the forum about the Super Sports, but did not see any feedback from anyone who has used them yet. Is anyone running them, or know of anyone running them that has a good impression of them? My use is DE about 3-4 times per year and getting coffee on Saturday mornings as far away from house as possible with as many twisties as I can factor in (without dips in the road - already need a new front lip after a month, or so!).

As always, thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by ScooterP; 05-13-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:50 AM
rare is infamous around these parts
I just put a set on the GT-R and they are much better than the previous pilot sports.
I'll be on to these for the RS soon.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Guys:
My Corsas need replacing soon and I searched the forum about the Super Sports, but did not see any feedback from anyone who has used them yet. Is anyone running them, or know of anyone running them that has a good impression of them? My use is DE about 3-4 times per year and getting coffee on Saturday mornings as far away from house as possible with as many twisties as I can factor in (without dips in the road - already need a new front lip after a month, or so!).

I have Corsa's on my GT3 too, and am eager to hear feedback on the new Super Sports.
Mr. B

Old 05-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I just got to test them at PBIR earlier this week, phenomenal tire. I'll be swapping them on my daily / casual weekend warrior soon. Great traction in dry and wet with limited noise. Got a few laps in on track and they were very consistent.

Did a full write-up of the test day on our blog if you want a more in depth read.
[url]http://blog.titanmotorsports.com/?p=3261[/ulr]

Old 05-14-2011, 09:05 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by onelove
I just got to test them at PBIR earlier this week, phenomenal tire. I'll be swapping them on my daily / casual weekend warrior soon. Great traction in dry and wet with limited noise. Got a few laps in on track and they were very consistent.

Did a full write-up of the test day on our blog if you want a more in depth read.
[url]http://blog.titanmotorsports.com/?p=3261[/ulr]
Thanks for the feedback. I think a set is coming to me soon.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:21 PM
dezigns is infamous around these partsdezigns is infamous around these parts
+1. A really great tire. Nice balance between extreme street performance and track. I had a set on at New Jersey a few weeks ago-left the Hoosiers at home due to a rainy forecast. Didn't limit me too much - they are actually just as grippy as a MPSC with a pretty smooth ride on the street. Well worth it, IMHO.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:09 AM
tkuwaha is infamous around these parts
Wow, these tires sound amazing! I hope they come out with 295/30/18 or 315/30/18 soon!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dezigns
+1. A really great tire. Nice balance between extreme street performance and track. I had a set on at New Jersey a few weeks ago-left the Hoosiers at home due to a rainy forecast. Didn't limit me too much - they are actually just as grippy as a MPSC with a pretty smooth ride on the street. Well worth it, IMHO.

Excellent feedback.
Mr. B

Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Psi

Originally Posted by dezigns

What air pressures do you use in the Pilot Super Sports??
Mr. B

Old 09-02-2011, 10:23 AM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Good feedback - I'm having a set installed as I speak! I feel like I made the right choice now...there's a rather big blowup in a thread on the Turbo forum about it not being N-spec so I kinda got worried there

Old 09-02-2011, 01:45 PM
sjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Guys:

I just got the supersports two weeks ago, I like them alot, replaced Corsas. The Super Sports are not N rated but all the reviews have been positive. I bought them because wear is suppose to be twice as long as most performance tires and they were about half the cost of new Corsas. Plus very good looking tire.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
guess i'll be the lone detractor Just put PSS on and have about 500 miles on them. I removed my RE-11's with a lot of tread left so the comparison would be fair.

Before the RE-11 I had PS2 and the RE050A's that came with the car. I thought the RE-11 were better than the PS2 in just about every way.

From a noise / comfort standpoint the PSS is much better than the RE-11. They're almost too comfy LOL.

Haven't had them on the track yet, but i've put them thru their paces on my usual road "circuit" and the dry grip is just not as good, nor giving the same amount of confidence.

i don't DD my car so noise/comfort is not all that important to me. If you don't care about that last ounce of grip than the PSS is a great tire.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
i love them on my car. They are for street use for me as I have 2 other sets of wheels/tires for the track.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by E55AMG
guess i'll be the lone detractor Just put PSS on and have about 500 miles on them. I removed my RE-11's with a lot of tread left so the comparison would be fair.

Before the RE-11 I had PS2 and the RE050A's that came with the car. I thought the RE-11 were better than the PS2 in just about every way.

From a noise / comfort standpoint the PSS is much better than the RE-11. They're almost too comfy LOL.

Haven't had them on the track yet, but i've put them thru their paces on my usual road "circuit" and the dry grip is just not as good, nor giving the same amount of confidence.

i don't DD my car so noise/comfort is not all that important to me. If you don't care about that last ounce of grip than the PSS is a great tire.

A few hundred miles on new tires are just for "breaking then in."
Let us know how you like them on the track.
Mr. B

Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
They will go on my wife's car soon (CL65) and waiting for 325/335 to become available for my RS...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pilot Super Sports