Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 sitting on HRE CenterLocks [Wheels Boutique]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
Hey Seth how goes it bro...hope you and James and the fellas are having a good season...Dave is running in ST this year and you and James are in GS...any plans for WC or just sticking with GA? I was just watching the Conti VIR race on my TiVo last night...you guys started very strong indeed posting quick laps in the .03 and .04 range

WOW bro looks like HRE does have a strong racing presence now...back in the day we ran BBS, Forgeline, Fikse, and Kenesis (before the re-sold the company)...now looks like HRE is a strong contender...nice job Lon !!
No problem HRE has been strong in Motorsport for long time, just not good at telling the story. I would personally say HRE is really not bling at all, just the nature of having a high quality wheel brand. HRE is foremost a performance driven wheel company.

Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 05-25-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
No problem HRE has been strong in Motorsport for long time, just not good at telling the story. I would personally say HRE is really not bling at all, just the nature of having a high quality wheel brand. HRE is foremost a performance driven wheel company.
no problem Lon...I honestly had no idea and I know a lot of performance folks out East like me think the same way, out here HRE is seen as nothing but bling but now I know that is not the truth... you should throw a set of your performance wheels on my '02 996 GT2 and I'll sing your praises all day long at the car shows and events I goto... promo the "real HRE story" for the masses out here... whaddya say!

Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Ha, wish I could make that happen. I got my friends 996TT sitting in NJ storage for the last 3 years Only has 9k miles on it.

But your right, HRE has been into motorsport for long time, just people dont associate it.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
lol worth a shot Lon hey ya never know, worth asking right! Def some nice performance wheels you guys have...keep up the good work!!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:27 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
was that an attempt at a re-direct Of topic or an attempted apology?

Lon's stuff is top shelf IMO.

Originally Posted by sunir
Hey Seth how goes it bro...hope you and James and the fellas are having a good season...Dave is running in ST this year and you and James are in GS...any plans for WC or just sticking with GA? I was just watching the Conti VIR race on my TiVo last night...you guys started very strong indeed posting quick laps in the .03 and .04 range

WOW bro looks like HRE does have a strong racing presence now...back in the day we ran BBS, Forgeline, Fikse, and Kenesis (before the re-sold the company)...now looks like HRE is a strong contender...nice job Lon !!

Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
For sure one of the best looking GT3s , keep it up

Old 05-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
was that an attempt at a re-direct Of topic or an attempted apology?

Lon's stuff is top shelf IMO.
lol not really apologizing ...I honestly thought that HRE just made bling wheels...on the East coast (mid to North Atl) that's all you see on a lot of the big SUVs and blinged out show cars, on the rap videos, mentioned in rap songs etc...etc...

I've known Seth since back in our club racing days before he and James went WC and now GA racing...so hr and guys like Lon mentioned running the HRE brand in competition really validated the wheels for me...

trust me I'm not the only one who (until recently) had this mindset about HRE wheels...if they are focused on track and racing their marketing surely is not getting that point accross to the masses, for sure not where I am at or my region in the US...

Old 05-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
No apology necessary. Just glad you know now

Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Banned
speedyralph is infamous around these parts
Just wondering, how much is the center lock conversion kit for a 997 GT3?

Ralph
305-491-4427

Old 05-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speedyralph
Just wondering, how much is the center lock conversion kit for a 997 GT3?

Ralph
305-491-4427
Conversion from your 5 lug to centerlock? You don't want to do It honestly, not worth it. The cost is insane as well.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:12 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Sorry, but those wheels do not belong on a GT3. I really dislike white on white, hello Don Johnson and Miami Vice. Also, too much shine on the lips and not enough spacing between the inner webbing, imo, of course. And, change those orange turn signal lenses to clear; it's blinding! This is a GT3 not a Benz for God's sake.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Boy...and they call Benz people snobs. Too funny to comment.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:07 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Slik560
Boy...and they call Benz people snobs. Too funny to comment.
Sorry, trying for the dramatic!

Do love the Benz in avatar though!

Old 05-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
That was one lucky shot. That old car is a work in progress. I'm hoping to find a white 997 to put in the garage with it.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Banned
speedyralph is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911dev
Sorry, but those wheels do not belong on a GT3. I really dislike white on white, hello Don Johnson and Miami Vice. Also, too much shine on the lips and not enough spacing between the inner webbing, imo, of course. And, change those orange turn signal lenses to clear; it's blinding! This is a GT3 not a Benz for God's sake.