Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Porsche refuses LSD repair under warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
smf32s is infamous around these parts
Porsche refuses LSD repair under warranty

Well, my LSD went south and I took the car into Tischer or Porsche of Silver Spring in MD and they told me it was in good shape and refused to go any further with it. They never even bothered to truly check the torque specs on it which I thought was pretty bad. After that, I called Porsche of Annapolis and they had a very knowledgeable guy named GH Sharp as the service rep and he was very good to work with and said bring it on over.

Well I did and they got it apart and found the LSD was truly toast. The bad part is that Porsche immediately asked were any aftermarket parts on the car. I only have one, a set of GMG sway bars. The car is still under original warranty until November of this year and then CPOed for another 2 years after that.

Porsche now claims that the sway bars are putting too much stress on the LSD and that is why I wore it out. All I do is Autocross the car. I am amazed that they refused it and thought I would put this out for comment or suggestions as to any possible recourse. The car is a 2007 with about 9500 miles on it. I am the second owner.

Thanks for any input.

Stu

Old 05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that is crap . . . The sway bars put too much stress on it . . . I guess when it is foggy in the morning it puts too much stress on the paint then???

Good luck!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
The bummer about the Magnusson-Moss Act is that you actually have to be willing to sue Porsche in order to get any protection from the law.

I've privately advised you on what direction I think you should take with this. Porsche isn't going to step up and this is yet another way of them claiming that there's nothing wrong with their LSDs. Take the car to Mike at TPC, have him go through the LSD with our parts, and get back to enjoying your car. Unfortunately, you'll get nowhere with Porsche on it and it's really just best to cut your losses and go with proven vendors and parts that make the car behave the way Ferry intended. The bean counters have really taken the life out of the product line, but we're here to help you bring the patient back up to full health.

Regards,

Matt

ps. Anyone who hasn't read Mikymu's LSD Buster thread might want to search and find it.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:47 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Wow that sounds terrible. It's almost a matter of principle to proove that dealer wrong.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 PM
StreetSpeed is infamous around these parts
I thought it was a well known fact that Porsche LSDs crap the bed as soon as you start tracking them?

Old 05-25-2011, 08:04 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
Leesson here is to remove EVERY mod on your car before major warantee claim.

Porsche is disgraceful in this respect but they manage to keep their track ready reputation intact while nissan, chevy, etc get dumped on

Old 05-26-2011, 12:00 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
You have been poisoned and matt at guard has the antidote

Guard and DONE

Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear that but I think that is very lame! I think we need to be smarter next time and just take off any bolt on parts before taking it into Porsche.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear Porsche didn't step up for you. It almost makes me glad my car is out of warranty, because at least I will know to skip a step and proceed directly to my wallet, and not worry or waste any time battling it out with the manufacturer. I do feel your pain though. I think everyone has at one point in their lives at least.