Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

excellence 2rs vs 3rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
mthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the rough
1) Park GT2RS next to GT3RS.
2) Supply champagne and candles
3) Close garage door and leave them alone
4) Hope they breed when left alone

dont what you would get. supercharged high revving flat 6 maybe. One thing we do know ....... the wing on the back would be epic

Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Are you guys kidding me... yeah I know a Ferrari engine at full song sounds intoxicating BUT i love the sound (or whine) of turbos spooling up, nothing like it...the mightly whistling of exhilerating boost...that's the sound of an **** whoppin' comin' up right there hahaha!!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:51 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Having driven 6gt3 6gt2 and my 6tt, and lap faster at laguna seca then that pro driver did with a gt2rs i managed in my turbo with less power and more weight; so i think my opinion holds a bit of truth. I preffer the gt2 over a gt3 except in the rain, i would take a 3. Only two things that a 3 has "better" and that is the sound at really high rpm which to be honest, is nice but i want to go fast- and a bit better throttle response. I say abit because my turbo (likewize with the gt2 )is setup so well that when you are "racing in the proper rpm's" it has no lag.

The gt2 takes ********* and skills the size of Saturn. While the gt3 imo, is very tame. Easy to drive hard, forgiving compare to a gt2. etc.

I can get the back end of a 3 to step out whenever I want and it's easy. No need to worry if i gave it to much throttle out of the turn, and spinning the tires. You do that with a gt2 LOL!!! you better be on top of your game ! In other words, the gt3 lets you do mistakes and get away with it, the gt2 if you make a mistake and fail to act fast, it will show you who is daddy. The thrust with my turbo and a gt2 i have driven coming out of a turn compare to a 3 is sublime. The 3 is weak in comparison. The 3 is a momentum car vs a turbo and a gt2.

Give me a 2rs, lighten up the back with putting some straight pipes, and map the ecu to be very throttle responsive and game on gt3, i'll show you why you are NOT the king.

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 05-27-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:15 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the instant and the predictable throttle on GT3/RS over the GT2. I just feel more in-tune with the car. I like to tackle corners rather than accelerating on the straights.

With the 3, as long as you have control over your right foot you have the control of the car. The throttle has such a natural feel to it being a NA engine. The gears are long due to the high rev limit, you don't have to row the gears constantly which gives you some advantage on the short straights.

Due to the high revving nature you get to enjoy each gear and the power the car makes, you can explore it more into depth compared to the GT2's engine. Strong torque and a low rev limiter means you need to shift much sooner and more constantly. The song of the 3 is simply to die for. At 8,400 RPMs I feel like hell's breaking loose behind me, and I feel invincible.

I wouldn't change the feel of a hig-revving NA for the power of a Turbo, but that's just me

Old 05-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sin911
I wouldn't change the feel of a hig-revving NA for the power of a Turbo, but that's just me
me too.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
CAN A BROTHER GET AN AMEN! having had both, quiero GT3 all day long......

Originally Posted by sin911
I prefer the instant and the predictable throttle on GT3/RS over the GT2. I just feel more in-tune with the car. I like to tackle corners rather than accelerating on the straights.

With the 3, as long as you have control over your right foot you have the control of the car. The throttle has such a natural feel to it being a NA engine. The gears are long due to the high rev limit, you don't have to row the gears constantly which gives you some advantage on the short straights.

Due to the high revving nature you get to enjoy each gear and the power the car makes, you can explore it more into depth compared to the GT2's engine. Strong torque and a low rev limiter means you need to shift much sooner and more constantly. The song of the 3 is simply to die for. At 8,400 RPMs I feel like hell's breaking loose behind me, and I feel invincible.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Cbad308 has a spectacular aura aboutCbad308 has a spectacular aura about
I don't think you can beat the uninhibited sound of a normally aspirated high-performance engine.
I've read here in 6spd that the GT3/RS will go to DFI with the 991 iteration; do you think this could alter exhaust note?

~A