Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2007 GT3 transformation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Overlake
We all know at least by now that RWB isn't just about widebody Porsches, but guess what? To make your car stand out like an RWB should, you need to get the actual work done v. rocking a windshield sticker else it's just another 911 with some mods done to it. Yay.

It is a pissing contest. That's one of the foundational values of car forums. Git 'er done, bud.
Hi Overlake,

For you and some others it might be a pissing contest, but for me, and a lot of other peeps on this forum, unfortunately it is not.

So let's just say you win this so called pissing contest

Most of the peeps here enjoy their ride, modify them, and share the experience. So sorry if Nakai and Toshi offered me to represent RAUH-Welt and rock their banner since it's not to your liking. And I am sorry my 911 is too ordinary for you also.

I have no problems with your views & comments, and I welcome it

But if it soooooo bothers you so much that I or any other car invited to rock the RAUH-Welt banner, please contact Nakai and Toshi @ RAUH-Welt... and please voice your view to them who should and should not have the banner.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:33 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
and now, back to our thread. e88's on a gt3

Old 12-22-2011, 06:38 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
@lopro: Haven't decided what tires to put on yet. No pics till prob. 2 weeks.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Boby305 is infamous around these parts
Sweeeeeeeeeeet

Old 12-22-2011, 08:58 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
sounds good man i cant wait. I vote Hooiser r6

is it still 5bolt or did you convert?

cant wait. Did you go silver or a refinish or order another colour?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by lopro
sounds good man i cant wait. I vote Hooiser r6

is it still 5bolt or did you convert?

cant wait. Did you go silver or a refinish or order another colour?
Hoosier R6 are cool, but my car is not a dedicated track car.... might be looking at TOYO R888.

I will not convert to centerlock........ sticking with the 5 lug.

Most track junkies will tell you the street centerlocks are a PITA (unless you have a dedicated track crew lol) and a few peeps with 997.2 porsches have converted to 5 lug for ease already. The 997.2 GT3 centerlocks is probably the biggest complaint of 997.2 GT3 owners.

I stayed with silver this time to be able to match whatever car scheme I go with.

Last edited by jbigelow_1; 12-22-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:47 PM
I agree with you, staying tru to the good old 5 lug is a proven smart choice. I think centerlock looks great, and your right, If it was a drive in pit have someone change your lugs zipzip go back out to continue racing then it may make sence but carrying around a buss load of tools and so on doesnt seem to make much sense. Again with to each his own.

I think silver is a good look, stock bbs silver when new, its beautyful
Cant wait to see them, I hear 18" slicks choices are quite limited.
Ill be in the same boat, are you thinking street tires or ?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I agree with you, staying tru to the good old 5 lug is a proven smart choice. I think centerlock looks great, and your right, If it was a drive in pit have someone change your lugs zipzip go back out to continue racing then it may make sence but carrying around a buss load of tools and so on doesnt seem to make much sense. Again with to each his own.

I think silver is a good look, stock bbs silver when new, its beautyful
Cant wait to see them, I hear 18" slicks choices are quite limited.
Ill be in the same boat, are you thinking street tires or ?
DAMN lopro, ur on here all the time!!!! LOL

Yes 18" slicks are limited and the hoosier r6 is a great buy and a sticky tire.

Unfortunately for an 18x12 rear wheel, it is very limited for track or street tires. the best is to have a dedicated street set and a dedicated track set. for now, i think i'll be purchasing the TOYO R888. We see.

And yes, to carry extra tools and a breaker bar for the 997.2 centerlocks is troublesome.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:02 PM
my freind, my replies come to my inbox in my email and Im ushally sitting two feet from the computer. I want to learn as much as I cant about these cars. It's cool to have contact with others who have these cars aswell. It's more interesting for me to be doing this when I cant drive (winter) than doing much else. I like cars a LOT. honestly I havent met many people that are as into cars as I am. I cant wait to get out on track.

To be honest im about to drop like 150K on car and parts so i want to be sure I know my shiz anyways good thread and thanks for being cool

Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 PM
my freind, my replies come to my inbox in my email and Im ushally sitting two feet from the computer. I want to learn as much as I cant about these cars. It's cool to have contact with others who have these cars aswell. It's more interesting for me to be doing this when I cant drive (winter) than doing much else. I like cars a LOT. honestly I havent met many people that are as into cars as I am. I cant wait to get out on track.

To be honest im about to drop like 150K on car and parts so i want to be sure I know my shiz anyways good thread and thanks for being cool
We are the same bro in passion for cars, but i'm not a baller like you dropping 150K on parts.....

What you should do is keep your GT3 for street and drop like $110-$125k on a good 997 CUP CAR!!!!! and use the rest of the money on a truck and trailer!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!

Ask me anything you want anytime.... here to help the best I can.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
while i was doing some research for a wing I found a few things.

this link.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-cup-wing.html

when i looked at gettly design i noticed the option for the decklid that will look cup but retain all the underside fan,latch and airbox that come stock. Nice cup looks with added downforce.

problem is a load of push or understead without adding in a cup lip/splitter up front. I hear also adding in some rake will help matters. May just help make high speed cornering more controlable. I think im going to get one myself. Looks great on your car jbigelow_1

have you worked on the end plates you mentioned you were thinking of making? Im currious

Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 PM
im also wondering is your wing blade a 58" or 67"

I beleave, but im not sure, 58 is for the .1's and .2 had the 67" does anyone know?

And can you measure your wing for us?

Old 01-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Current pix of the GT3 before RAUH-WELT banners and new graphics applied..... Wanted to see what the car would look like as a virgin replica cup car.

Car is forever changing!!!!!

BIG THANX to GUS F (Gustavo for letting these BBS E88 find a new home) and to RAUL @ FLAT6 MOTORWORKS in Miami for helping and shipping with the transaction!!!!!!

@LOPRO: Here are the BBS E88 on the car & the CUP WING is 58" for 997.1

Last edited by jbigelow_1; 01-18-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa! Looks really good! I think you should keep it as is, looks a lot more like a cup car w/o vinyl like you said I'm jealous to be honest.

How was the fit & finish of Getty wing? It looks really good from the pics.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 AM
@sin911: Thanx for the compliment bro........and don't be jealous, it is the members like you here that inspire me and help build my car to what it is today. And I thank you and everyone here for that.

All white virgin cup car look is good, but my personality and taste needs to add a little pizazz to the white GT3 canvas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3 transformation