Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2007 GT3 transformation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
the thing about grafix is that they can be taken off, Its nice to change it up once in a while. A car is never done if you have the modding personality. If I had to guess Id say the owner of the car does have the mod bug, Not sure

Either way Look how many transformations stages his car has gone thru, A couple grafix here and there will only brighten up the party.

I think it will be cool whatever he chooses and bottom line is they can/ possibly will be changed before the transformation is complete. That's the beauty of a wrap.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks amazing in plain white, awesome work!

Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
Thanx for your complete honesty and criticism bro. Its great to have positive and negative feedback.

Your comments gave me a good laugh too.

The old look of the white/red was cool, but after awhile.... I thought it was too redundant on the RS graphics.

The new look of virgin white is kinda boring for me, but its a cleaaaaan look for now until the graphics come on.

The wing is either you love it or hate it. The uprights were actually painted black from factory, but I decided to take the paint through bead blasting and getting the uprights brushed to look like the uprights of the 997.2 cup uprights.

HREs are cool wheels and luv'em, but the BBS is a timeless design and it never gets old (IMHO)

But thank you for your reply.

Thanx GURU
Well You asked for it.... I though the first set up you had was pure sex on wheels; the one with the red graphics. I think if you powder coated the wing plates it would look better. It just looks un-finished.

Timeless the BBS style snow flakes are but I guess I have never really liked them.

No matter how you spell it you have a cool car

Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
FIRST OF ALL GO 49ERS!!!!! LOL

Originally Posted by snowboarder54
LOL.... love the confused smiley snowboarder.....

I need your 3.9 heart for my GT3 shell!!!! But I'm not baller like ya snowboarder. One can only dream!!

Originally Posted by evil panda
i still dislike the rear wing, but with those BBS wheels and the graphics delete, the whole car looks much, much better. it really comes together, i guess because it does look more like a cup car.

i respect that you have the right to do whatever you want with your car and your hard-earned cash, but if you passed me on the street i would much enjoy seeing the car without any graphics. clean is the way to go.

but if you are going to put on graphics anyway, i'm still kind of interested in how it comes out.
EVIL PANDA: Thanx for your open view..... sounds positive in either light.

All my cars are white, just want to have a little color for now since its a white pretty canvas of a GT3 to spill color on!!!!

Originally Posted by lopro
the thing about grafix is that they can be taken off, Its nice to change it up once in a while. A car is never done if you have the modding personality. If I had to guess Id say the owner of the car does have the mod bug, Not sure

Either way Look how many transformations stages his car has gone thru, A couple grafix here and there will only brighten up the party.

I think it will be cool whatever he chooses and bottom line is they can/ possibly will be changed before the transformation is complete. That's the beauty of a wrap.
LOPRO: You have answered the graphics decision for me on the dot!!!! lol

But one thing is wrong, I don't have a mod bug, but a mod disease!!!! Its a freakin cancer that never stops!!!! DRATZ!!!!! :/

Always modding to make the GT3 to my style and taste.

Thats why I love reading and looking at everyones builds!!!!

Originally Posted by RFFG
Looks amazing in plain white, awesome work!
Thanx!!!!

Originally Posted by Engine Guy
Well You asked for it.... I though the first set up you had was pure sex on wheels; the one with the red graphics. I think if you powder coated the wing plates it would look better. It just looks un-finished.

Timeless the BBS style snow flakes are but I guess I have never really liked them.

No matter how you spell it you have a cool car
Love hearing everyones views

Thanx for your honesty also bro on what you think and would do!!!!

I LOVE BBS, but I sure wish they would of made the 997.2 cup car wheels (the bigger snowflake) in a 5 lug.

If they did that I think BBS would make a killing on wheels!!!!!

BTW - your yellow turbo is the BISUNESS!!!! LUV IT!!!!

Old 01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
BTW - your yellow turbo is the BISUNESS!!!! LUV IT!!!!
Thanks... Actually I am excited to get my hands on it. I have not been excited about a car in years. My car is getting a full Ohlins suspension package and a few other goodies to make it handle so I look forward to tuning that. I just wish the race track in my city was not bulldozed.

I love the yellow, I did want white or even RS orange but this car was optioned up how I liked for the most part... No problem though as it will fit right into my stable considering many of my other vehicles are some form of yellow.

My truck is Yellow, Black and white.
My Planes Is Black, yellow, white and red.
My Race bikes Are Yellow, Red and black
My dirt bikes are Red and Yellow.

Gee I wonder if I like Yellow.

I wish I could bolt a GT3 RS front bumper on to the front of my 996. I think the styling of that bumper is spot on for the front of the porsches.

Last edited by Engine Guy; 01-22-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:21 PM
irishfan1985 is infamous around these parts
Where did you purchase the front lip? Was it an easy swap?

Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Not sure where he got his, But gmg sells them. they are 175$ and the part number is 997 505 983 90 or 91 for the version with the brake ducts. They will be PMNA parts from GMG they are nextdoor to the PMNA

Old 01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
irishfan1985 is infamous around these parts
Not sure where he got his, But gmg sells them. they are 175$ and the part number is 997 505 983 90 or 91 for the version with the brake ducts. They will be PMNA parts from GMG they are nextdoor to the PMNA
thanks

Old 01-23-2012, 07:10 PM
no prob, Glad I could be of some help

Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Thanx LOPRO for answering the questions

Old 01-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Thumbs up

No prob, Thanks Jbigelow01, If i can I want to try to help others out as im sure Ive asked many questions and People help me out on this forum and rennlist so returning the favor is the least I can do.

as for the lip, I just heard from GMG and they said its now 220 for that cup splitter. I wonder why it went up in price.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 PM
No prob, Thanks Jbigelow01, If i can I want to try to help others out as im sure Ive asked many questions and People help me out on this forum and rennlist so returning the favor is the least I can do.

as for the lip, I just heard from GMG and they said its now 220 for that cup splitter. I wonder why it went up in price.
Yep, networking and helping people out is what forums should be about!!!!!

$220 for front cup lip now?!?! WOW!!!! Still cheaper than OEM stock lip!!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:25 PM
really? how much is the stock one? I thought the cup lip is porsche motorsport piece

Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
really? how much is the stock one? I thought the cup lip is porsche motorsport piece
Stock front lip is around $240-$250 i heard.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Gmg must have mixed the two up when I was asking them the price. Ill have to send them another email.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3 transformation