Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Toasted my ceramic discs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by m3995
Had them checked by the Midwest Eursport guys Saturday, and they showed me the wear circles, (they called them), on the rear discs.
The other thing to consider, is that if the discs are out of spec (thickness) and really need to be replaced, there is a possibility that your driving style may have contributed. The front brakes as you know should be doing the lion's share of the work when slowing or stopping. But PSM (even when switched off) will continuously intervene on the rear if you are not very smooth. This can contribute to rear disc wear.

Also, many will recommend that the rear pads be checked very frequently, as pads that are worn just 50% will tend to wear the rotors faster than new pads. If your pads were very worn before your track days, you may have added additional wear to the rear discs.

But again, I would recommend a formal brake inspection before spending $$$ replacing the PCCBs with aftermarket steel rotors or other. I do not believe that the "wear circles" alone are a reason to replace the rotors.

bob

Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
another high quality option for replacement rotors is with Stoptech DRK.
I know GMG sells them. slightly more $$ than the GiroDiscs though..

Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
The Stop Tech works great!! We also offer Brembo