Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn from Jackass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Three beers and three shots...that's what someone posted here for what Dunn had to drink...I don't think that's enough to get a dude like that wrecked...we're not talking about a 100lb chick here.., I think he had to have more that that to be wrecked... I don't think he was super drunk I think he was buzzed and feeling invincable which is even worse!

What I think likely happened is he was buzzed, not drunk...he was driving fast, showing off some move in his GT3 through a section of road where he had probablky pushed the car hard thru many times (the Porche 911, let alone GT3 or GT2 or turbo, is a very high performance car and can ALREADY WHILE COMPLETELY SOBER lead you into a false sense of sucurity and make the average driver feel like shumaker on the late model cars, I see it all the time on track with students, some of which I have instructed myself)...if he was buzzed, feeling like superman, and showing off to his passenger...that combo right there is a recipe for dissaster...he probably lost it around a bend with power on oversteer or put a wheel wrong and tried to correct and overcophensate at high speed with a false sense of sucurity and feeling on top of the world from the alcohol buzz...thinking he could make the corner or drive thru the stretch of back roads he was familair with and having the same intensity of not more than how he did it sober...

just my thoughts... from reading about this story and all the factors/information surrounding it.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Impossible to know .....size is not the only thing that matters when drinking...how much you have had to eat in the last 24 hours how much sleep...too many varibles to qualify ..if he should not have been drunk from that amount ..IMO

Originally Posted by sunir
Three beers and three shots...that's what someone posted here for what Dunn had to drink...I don't think that's enough to get a dude like that wrecked...we're not talking about a 100lb chick here.., I think he had to have more that that to be wrecked... I don't think he was super drunk I think he was buzzed and feeling invincable which is even worse!

What I think likely happened is he was buzzed, not drunk...he was driving fast, showing off some move in his GT3 through a section of road where he had probablky pushed the car hard thru many times (the Porche 911, let alone GT3 or GT2 or turbo, is a very high performance car and can ALREADY WHILE COMPLETELY SOBER lead you into a false sense of sucurity and make the average driver feel like shumaker on the late model cars, I see it all the time on track with students, some of which I have instructed myself)...if he was buzzed, feeling like superman, and showing off to his passenger...that combo right there is a recipe for dissaster...he probably lost it around a bend with power on oversteer or put a wheel wrong and tried to correct and overcophensate at high speed with a false sense of sucurity and feeling on top of the world from the alcohol buzz...thinking he could make the corner or drive thru the stretch of back roads he was familair with and having the same intensity of not more than how he did it sober...

just my thoughts... from reading about this story and all the factors/information surrounding it.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
chiffonade is infamous around these parts
Quite honestly I don't think alcohol mattered in the end - driving at very high speeds through trees (!!) on a dark and twisty road in the wee hours of the morning.... pretty damn risky no matter how you slice it.

That isn't quite the same as punching it in 2nd gear on a long onramp on a California interstate or cruising the German autobahn or something.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by medici78
RIP.
The GT3 is a very safe vehicle, but at this level of impact, nothing can save you but the grace of God.
This level of stupidity, nothing can save you.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:42 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
if he was buzzed, feeling like superman, and showing off to his passenger...that combo right there is a recipe for dissaster...
Agree... while there's no way for any of us to know with certainty, that seems like a pretty likely course of events. Tragic for their friends and families... RIP.

Has it been confirmed and released who the passenger was? Male/female? Anyone famous? (just curious)

Old 06-21-2011, 05:50 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Go scroll through TMZ.com. Its all there.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/21/ryan-d...rgera-jackass/

Jim

Last edited by jspporsche; 06-21-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Estimated 130 mph.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/21/ryan-d...irmed-130-mph/

Toxicology coming in the days or weeks ahead.

Jim

Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 PM
http://dui.drivinglaws.org/drink-table.php

6 known in 3 hours. Should be legal but not safe at those speeds. He might have had more and he might have had some drugs too. We will see.

Jim

Old 06-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
gotta love the hypocrites on this site. know one should bash on a guy that died until you know the facts. you assume because he was at a bar that he was trashed, shame on you. i know all of you are princes behind the wheel and never put the pedal down, give me an f'n break. im guilty of it and so is 99% of you on this site, thankfully it just hasnt been your time.

if the guy was hammered, than good riddance, however, dont judge yet

Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
gotta love the hypocrites on this site. know one should bash on a guy that died until you know the facts. you assume because he was at a bar that he was trashed, shame on you. i know all of you are princes behind the wheel and never put the pedal down, give me an f'n break. im guilty of it and so is 99% of you on this site, thankfully it just hasnt been your time.

if the guy was hammered, than good riddance, however, dont judge yet
The sentiments by members here on 6speed have been both sympathetic and critical...and are shared by contributors to nearly every blog and media site covering the story. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - it is the reason why a discussion forum exists. I would thank you not being overly critical of the opinions expressed.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/21/overheard-on-cnn-com-sympathy-and-scorn-for-dunn/?hpt=hp_c2

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/20/jackass-star-ryan-dunn-killed-in-car-wreck/

http://xfinity.comcast.net/entertainment/popcast/7757462/jackassstarryandunnkilledincaraccident/?cid=hero_media

http://www.cele*****y.com/163775/jackass_star_ryan_dunn_died_in_a_car_crash_early_t his_morning/

http://perezhilton.com/2011-06-20-roger-ebert-responds-insensitively-to-ryan-dunns-death

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/jackass-ryan-dunn-dies-dead-car-crash-accident-pennsylvania/

Last edited by bbywu; 06-21-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
^^ You're right, you are allowed to have your opinion but in that be prepared to accept the fact that you look like a complete *****.

What a terrible tragedy. The lack of empathy is just gross.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
apex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud of
Wow...

...some 6speeders can be real dicks. Someone just passed away... Have some respect.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by bbywu
The sentiments by members here on 6speed have been both sympathetic and critical...and are shared by contributors to nearly every blog and media site covering the story.
It is also clear from those links that people are socially inept and lack tact.

... and others (like yourself, before your edit) choose to take the opportunity to step on a soapbox and preach about X family member that was hurt by someone who was driving at "excessive speeds" or "careless" on a public road. Lets face it... you are unequivocally biased.

You mentioned earlier about keeping things civil and refraining from personal attacks... At least opponents here are alive to defend themselves and their positions.

Two people died in an unfortunate accident that could have just as easily happened to a large majority of the forum members or their friends. With any luck this will drive home to the youth and his followers and it will save a life tomorrow.

Last edited by Ducky993; 06-21-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ducky993
You mentioned earlier about keeping things civil and refraining from personal attacks... At least opponents here are alive to defend themselves and their positions.
... and others (like yourself, before your edit) choose to take the opportunity to step on a soapbox and preach about X family member that was hurt by someone who was driving at "excessive speeds" or "careless" on a public road. Lets face it... you are unequivocally biased.
Yes...I am biased...am I not entitled to an opinion? I retracted my statement because it was somewhat inflammatory, and knew that it would draw such a response.

I edited my post because I thought it was inappropriate in this setting. So you are criticizing me about something that I retracted. While I was momentarily on a soap box, I stepped down and edited my post so not to offend others. Rather than leaving inflammatory comments, I decided to exercise restraint, initially by editing my post 4 times, then finally completely changing it.

It is difficult to be a moderator and still participate in a forum. When I first posted, I realized that this thread was slowly going off topic, and elected to retract my statement because it was inflammatory. It appears that others still feel that insulting other members here is the best approach.

But if it is seen that a moderator participating in a discussion such as this is inappropriate, I will refrain from posting.

Last edited by bbywu; 06-21-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Tact doesn't drive anything home to the youth and followers.

He killed another human being and it could just as easily have been a head-on into a completely innocent motorist minding their own way coming in the other direction.

In your world maybe people spend an evening getting sloshed and then drive 130. Those people don't live in my world. By my choice. Want to kill yourself, cool. I'll point you at the nearest adequate cliff. But taking someone else with you or even being in the position to do so makes you the ultimate jackass.

Friends make excuses and say he was fine. Others say he was hammered. Does it matter? If you think having at least 6 drinks in 3 hours and then driving like that is fine and smashing yourself into hamburger with a side order of inferno is somehow just tenuously related, I'm sorry. But he lived a jackass and he died a jackass. No pity, just relief there was no bus full of kids returning from a field trip involved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Ryan Dunn from Jackass