Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.1 gt3 on uhaul trailer ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM
997gt3LA is infamous around these parts
997.1 gt3 on uhaul trailer ?

Hello all, taking my car to the track next week and wanted to know if anyone towed their car with a uhaul trailer. Not ready to buy a closed trailer yet, So i thought why not take the uhaul trailer... Any thoughts?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Niels E46 M3 is infamous around these parts
The design of the uhaul trailer will most likely not work due to the low clearance of the gt3... However, You may be able to get it on with some extra wood blocks/ramps. See link: http://www.uhaul.com/Articles/Tips/1...ound-clearance

Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Actually I have custom built wood blocks I'm gonna try those.. Plus my car Is lowered Thanks for the link

Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Thomas9181 is infamous around these partsThomas9181 is infamous around these parts
Here in Northern NJ, the local Trailex dealer also rents Trailex trailers that are specifically set up for 911's. You might find your local guy does the same.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 997gt3LA
Hello all, taking my car to the track next week and wanted to know if anyone towed their car with a uhaul trailer. Not ready to buy a closed trailer yet, So i thought why not take the uhaul trailer... Any thoughts?
i have done it a couple times before buying my own open trailer.
- you need wood blocks placed under front tires to raise the front end to clear the trailer up front
- remove the front lip.
- you need ramp extensions (just like most other trailers as our cars sit low)

i only rented twice. on these two occasions, i got the 'newer' model. straps looked decent. note that you only strap the front tires and rear you just loosely hook a chain somewhere on the cars rear end. towing was fairly simple. didn't experience any drama. on the 3rd time, i got an older model and worn out straps. so i got out of there and never looked back. i bought my own instead.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
mobonic has a sweet open trailer for sale - alum featherlite
<$4K and in socal

just a heads up

Old 06-30-2011, 11:44 PM
i have done it a couple times before buying my own open trailer.
- you need wood blocks placed under front tires to raise the front end to clear the trailer up front
- remove the front lip.
- you need ramp extensions (just like most other trailers as our cars sit low)

i only rented twice. on these two occasions, i got the 'newer' model. straps looked decent. note that you only strap the front tires and rear you just loosely hook a chain somewhere on the cars rear end. towing was fairly simple. didn't experience any drama. on the 3rd time, i got an older model and worn out straps. so i got out of there and never looked back. i bought my own instead.
I was thinking of removing the lip also.. Good point... It an easy put on and off..the wooden blocks should help me get on the trailer ramps... And also I'll use the slope to have even a better angle.. Thanks all for the insight

Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 PM
mobonic has a sweet open trailer for sale - alum featherlite
<$4K and in socal

just a heads up
That's actually not a bad price... Thanks for the info... I wasn't considering a open trailer but I'm gonna look into open trailers now... If I do get a closed trailer, I end up having extra space for another car just have to clear it with the wife lol

Old 07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
sorry trailer old today, but I would NOT tow my 911 on a uhaul trailer.. I have seen 2 fail on buddies before and uhaul said "tough luck"

remember the old saying: "you get what you pay for"

Old 07-02-2011, 12:43 AM
U haul failed ? Flat tire or trailer just disconnected from towing vehicle? Lol i know just saw the u haul I was suppose to rent an it was crap lol... I'm just gonna drive it better chance driving it
Thanks for your response
But please do tell us the story

Old 07-02-2011, 10:41 PM
drl
drl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mobonic
sorry trailer old today, but I would NOT tow my 911 on a uhaul trailer.. I have seen 2 fail on buddies before and uhaul said "tough luck"

remember the old saying: "you get what you pay for"
yep, sold!

Old 07-02-2011, 10:43 PM
drl
drl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to behold
Hello all, taking my car to the track next week
Buttonwillow on the 9th, by any chance?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:28 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drl
Buttonwillow on the 9th, by any chance?
Hey drl,

Are you going to Buttonwillow on the 9th?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:35 PM
drl
Originally Posted by SKXF430
Hey drl,

Are you going to Buttonwillow on the 9th?
I'll be there. You?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drl
I'll be there. You?
yep, I am signed up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 gt3 on uhaul trailer ?