Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Trailer options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011 | 10:34 PM
mufflerman is infamous around these parts
I've owned my share of enclosed trailers, tpd makes the best. They're not cheap, but trust me, well worth it.

Old 07-28-2011 | 10:15 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mufflerman
I've owned my share of enclosed trailers, tpd makes the best. They're not cheap, but trust me, well worth it.
i know, i had two. and maybe soon a third.

Old 08-01-2011 | 11:24 PM
|
waflnutz is infamous around these parts
ok...next question...how are you tying down your gt3/rs?

these cars are so low...are the wheels really the preferred mount points for tie downs? other better options for mounting tie downs to the car???

Old 08-01-2011 | 11:46 PM
drl
drl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to behold
Old 03-18-2012 | 09:01 PM
Doug_B_928 is infamous around these parts
Anybody here every use Race Ramps with a tilt bed trailer? I'm wondering how they'd work with a tilt trailer compared to a trailer with ramps.

Old 03-19-2012 | 12:57 PM
SuperDave is infamous around these parts
+1 on the Rennlilne tie downs

Old 03-19-2012 | 08:49 PM
stujelly is infamous around these parts
wow where to start. There was a comment about tie downs. mac custom tie downs are the best I've seen. Thru the entire wheel is one way but for short trips you can just grab a spoke or two and tie down accordingly.

As far as trailer go, an enclosed is the best way. ATC make an incredible trailer and they will do custom work so you can accommodate the snow mobiles or the car. Also the race ramps are the best but wait till you get your trailer and then you can draw out the right angles you need and race ramps will make you custom ramps to accommodate your needs. The easiest thing to do is place a 4 foot long 2 x6 down for the front wheels and then up the ramp and it helps make up that distance from the nose to the front wheel. I actually had race ramp make that too. Super clean, simple and fast. Car can unload/load in minutes.

Featherlite makes a great open trailer too. I have that one as well and they pull so nice.

I can say I have had or have a lot of different trailers. Featherlite, ATC, pace, and optima are good trailers. I prefer aluminum over steel any day.

Since it looks like you are in colorado, what about gold rush. I hear they make a nice product too, and they are in your backyard.

Old 03-19-2012 | 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by stujelly
the race ramps are the best but wait till you get your trailer and then you can draw out the right angles you need and race ramps will make you custom ramps to accommodate your needs. The easiest thing to do is place a 4 foot long 2 x6 down for the front wheels and then up the ramp and it helps make up that distance from the nose to the front wheel. I actually had race ramp make that too. Super clean, simple and fast. Car can unload/load in minutes.
Do you have some pics of your custom race ramps in action that you could share?

Old 03-20-2012 | 10:09 PM
stujelly is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
Do you have some pics of your custom race ramps in action that you could share?
I tried to give you a few different angles

the trailer door, but I also use the same ramps for the open trailer and land the featherlite ramps on top of the race ramp.

the second photo shows the run up to the ramp, 2 inches thick

My RS is tied up in the trailer so I used the M3 to try and illustrate how the run up ramp takes up the front wheel just enough to lift the nose to approach the trailer ramp.

Crud, just proof read my post, can't seem to figure out how to flip the first two pics.

Sorry.

The last photo shows how that works. My RS is lowered to the euro ride height and I clear with a half inch to spare.

Works on both my enclosed trailer and open featherlite.

I drew up each ramp and had race ramps custom make them for my set up.

Hope this helps

Attached Images     

Last edited by stujelly; 03-20-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2012 | 06:37 AM
Wow, rep point for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to take and post pics of your set-up. That's very helpful and it looks great!

Old 03-22-2012 | 01:05 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
RR-TR-5 works just fine for me. open featherlite trailer. my gt3 has cup lip and slightly lowered so it sits lower than stock. i don't even need to remove the cup lip to load/unload the car on the trailer. it clears it. oh and fred@reverselogic has the best price i've seen on these ramps and ships real fast. no affiliation.