Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Cup car make over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:49 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Smile Cup car make over

I brought my Cup car to TNT autobody today for their BBQ/bikini car wash to show case his fantastic work. My Cup was pretty beat up underneath the wrap from racing. It was a long 4 months getting the car and driver ready for the track. There still is some aesthetic sense left in me to keep my Cup car in tip top exterior shape even though it's a race car ... so here is a little show and tell of the transformation

First off - let's peel that old beat up wrap off which revealed alot of paint chips, dents etc not visible with wrap

Tony and his crew spend a good deal of time cleaning everything up

Front and new 08 OEM CF motorsport rear bumper being prepped for paint

After several weeks of work at TNT ... the white knight is finally home. Boy, does it need a tan BAD!

First order of business - head to toe complete wrap of the Cup car with clear film by mikymu! Yea, you hear that right ... I did 100% of the work. There will be much more of this topic later. I am trying out this fantastic Avery film and will give full reports after getting couple more track session under the belt. So far it knocks Venture and 3M out of the ball park on finish and equal or better on protection

Next order of business, sun visor cover and more importantly racing strip and re-wrap rear wing

Love the red center racing strip contrast with black under cover rear wing with red end plates!

We got the red Mohawk ... now we need some war paint on the face. Let's see, we need some war paint on the butt. How about blue, red and silver strip right next to each other? Well, I found out the hard way that unless you are applying color vinyls on perfectly flat surface you will not be able to lay them next to each other without overlap. Cup car *** is FULL of curves! lol

So, the next best thing is to use two color vinyl strip and have a white space in between. The question is ... which two colors to choose? Red and blue? Blue and silver? silver and red? Reverse order?

I thought to myself, blue and red with space in between will look great ... I soon realize I am painting a French flag on my Cup *** ... but I am not French unless Armando adopt me LOL

Blue and silver it is. The blue strip I end up using is alot wider than the one shown below to give it more depth (9") and I kept silver at 6". I also added "GT3 Cup" lettering from porschestrip on right front and left rear fenders

I think the end product looks great and it is still a work in progress. More art addition later. Cup car received very well at TNT autobody's BBQ

Front view next to John's M3

More front ... man, someone is blocking my view

Oh heck ... let's show the girls!

Here is fireman Jbiglow_1 himself with his white GT3 behind us (block by girls). John is packing guns in those arms! Larissa behind us think we are nuts lol

Many thanks to Tony and his crew at TNT for the wonderful job.

Tips?? How about me and all the work I put in the Cup?

Last edited by mikymu; 08-01-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:37 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Your car looks great. Very tastefully done. Where is TNT located? I might have to give them some business on my car.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:48 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Love it as always! Rep!

Old 08-01-2011, 07:58 AM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
MIKE - Glad to finally meet my neighbor!!!! Your Cup Car looks and sounds beautiful!!!!!!! LUV IT!!!!!

EZ COOK -

TNT AUTOBODY
3210 51st Ave
Sacramento, CA 95823

http://www.tnt-autobody.com

Old 08-01-2011, 09:19 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Always fun to read your posts. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Your car looks great. Very tastefully done. Where is TNT located? I might have to give them some business on my car.
Thanks. TNT is at Sac. Not much to look at as far as the shop goes but it is the best body shop around. They do work on all my GT3x

Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
Love it as always! Rep!
Thanks

Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
MIKE - Glad to finally meet my neighbor!!!! Your Cup Car looks and sounds beautiful!!!!!!! LUV IT!!!!!

EZ COOK -

TNT AUTOBODY
3210 51st Ave
Sacramento, CA 95823

http://www.tnt-autobody.com
Thanks John and great to meet you. Now go put off some fire

Originally Posted by ScooterP
Always fun to read your posts. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers

Last edited by mikymu; 08-01-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 AM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by mikymu
Thanks John and great to meet you. Now go out off some fire
It's my day off!!!!! HA :P

Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
It's my day off!!!!! HA :P
Lucky. After yesterday I need a day off ...

Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
When you gonna pull the diff. out of that thing?

You better come down for the PRC/ Pirelli Driver's Cup event at Sears Point Sept. 24-25th. I'm gonna be there and want to finally meet the man in person who set the wildfire of GT3 LSD rebuilding worldwide...

Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by GTgears
When you gonna pull the diff. out of that thing?

You better come down for the PRC/ Pirelli Driver's Cup event at Sears Point Sept. 24-25th. I'm gonna be there and want to finally meet the man in person who set the wildfire of GT3 LSD rebuilding worldwide...
lol

Yeah, you know it will be a huge box sitting outside of your shop soon the way I ban the sequential

Great! I will be at SP to meet ya in September ... not driving my Cup though. Still learning the damn thing

Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
If you want the whole box done, we'll find someone local to you to build it, like Ron at IPB. We just finished production of our first run of Cup Car sequential gears and service parts. They're going to be 3/4 the price of Porsche's parts and 25+% more durable to boot. It's a win win for owners like you who are recreationally racing the cars and don't want to pony up for a gearbox rebuild more than once every 2 years.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by GTgears
If you want the whole box done, we'll find someone local to you to build it, like Ron at IPB. We just finished production of our first run of Cup Car sequential gears and service parts. They're going to be 3/4 the price of Porsche's parts and 25+% more durable to boot. It's a win win for owners like you who are recreationally racing the cars and don't want to pony up for a gearbox rebuild more than once every 2 years.
That is great news! My gear box had zero hous when I pick her up from Texas and rebuild with "improved" motorsport parts from 09 Cup bin. I am sure it will hold up for another two track events lol.

Will give you a shout when it comes time ...

Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!! Well done!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Very nicely done sir!

Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by mikymu
Lucky. After yesterday I need a day off ...
I know bro!!!!

I'll be heading up to Rocklin tomorrow AM for oil service.....

If you need help cleaning the Cup car, let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cup car make over