Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Popped my Cherry At Sebring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm doing over 115 on .1 GT3 with RA1s You can go over 120 no problem with that car with Hohoos.

Sub 2:30 is a good achievement for first time on Sebring! Congrats dude! The car and Hohoos help as well though

Old 08-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
Sin911...I'll take all the help I can get.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:39 AM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
PCA event at Daytona beginning of Oct. Nothing like 190 mph on the tri-oval coming off Nascar 4 then on the brakes and turn-in for 1... Think about it

Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I agree with ViperBob, you gotta go to the PCA or PBOC Daytona event and drive that track...pure speed and fun in it's own way.

Great vid Al and nice driving for being in a new car and 1st time at Sebring. Hope to meet you there soon sometime and you can pepper all of us for tips at Sebring.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
I'll be hitting you all up for advice. One question I have is what do you guys think about the sequential shifter? It cost 7k not installed. Mach Motorsports here in Hollywood, FL has a customer that took his out of an RS before he sold the car for a cup car. They offered it to me for 5k installed. Sure its a deal and a lot cheaper than a new motor but still 5k is not chump change. One of the problems I am having on the track on occasion is missing 2nd to 3rd. Anyway your thoughts are appreciated as always.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, here's some advice:

T5: You are too inside when turning in, try to stay a little more to the outside
T7: You couldn't keep the car to the left side while shifting down causing you to loose the turn. Stay towards the braking cones, after you turn in wait until you see the rumble strips of the chicane to line up before you get on full throttle
T13: Use the rumble strips on exit, they're your friend when dry
T16: Try to turn in a little later so you can shoot out straight. You still had the steering wheel turned on the exit rumble strips.

Please don't get this the wrong way. I'm only trying to help.

Let me know when you're going to Sebring again so we can hang!

Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
TitanMotorsport is infamous around these parts
We have a client that has the Cartronic shifter in his RS, it's a really nice peice. They are developing one for the Cayman/Boxster crowd too.

The biggest benefit is, as you mention, not missing gears on the way up OR down (that's where things get expensive quickly). You still use the clutch just the same way as you always do, as opposed to a full sequential, but you just pull back to upshift and push forward to downshift - simple!

At Sebring you shouldn't be going to second gear anywhere, but at PBIR and maybe Homestead you might notice a benefit on the 2-3 shift.

Originally Posted by Big Al
I'll be hitting you all up for advice. One question I have is what do you guys think about the sequential shifter? It cost 7k not installed. Mach Motorsports here in Hollywood, FL has a customer that took his out of an RS before he sold the car for a cup car. They offered it to me for 5k installed. Sure its a deal and a lot cheaper than a new motor but still 5k is not chump change. One of the problems I am having on the track on occasion is missing 2nd to 3rd. Anyway your thoughts are appreciated as always.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Sin911 - There are no egos here. I'll listen to anyone with suggestions on how to improve my times. I'll likely be at sebring Oct 8th with Chin. Hope to see you there.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
jsteg is infamous around these parts
Of all the tracks I have been to, Sebring is probably my favorite. Trully a MAN'S track. You can generate some serious speed specially mid corner.
Miss that place.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Cupcar shift cables, solid or semi-solid motor mounts and you should not miss any shifts. Forget the sequential thing. Crazy money.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
congrats on getting the car out to sebring. thats an awesome track, cant wait to see all the RS's out there for winterfest. you should try and make that one

Old 08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Cbad308 has a spectacular aura aboutCbad308 has a spectacular aura about
Big Al, what track mapping data overlay system are you using? Sweet vid, thanks for sharing...

~A

Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Cbad308 - Thanks bud. I use traqmate for the data aquisition and their editing software for the overlay. If u look at the video you will notice the traqmate in the AC vent. If u hit the track a lot its awesome.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Cbad308 has a spectacular aura aboutCbad308 has a spectacular aura about
Cbad308 - Thanks bud. I use traqmate for the data aquisition and their editing software for the overlay. If u look at the video you will notice the traqmate in the AC vent. If u hit the track a lot its awesome.
I have used the DaVid DA System from AIM before in an M3 but I really like your vid.

~A

Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
I have been toying with a sequential or cup cables

Sequential is fantastic, I've driven a gt2rs with one. Only negative is is wears the syncros in the transmission

The stock shifter is not good either. It binds up on 2-3, 3-4 and 4-3 under load. If u look closely at the gt2rs that did pikes peak it was retrofitted to 996gt3 cup cables and shifter. This is probably the route I will go

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Popped my Cherry At Sebring