Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Help Passenger Air BagOff Light on after harness install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Help Passenger Air BagOff Light on after harness install

I had my rool bar and harnesses installed last night. All the fault codes where cleared and the only light that lights up is the orange light on the center console...Passenger Air Bag Off light.

Nothing is laying in the seat and when I sit in it the light goes off. This light only comes on when something light weight is in the seat but not heavy enough to trigger the airbags so the air bags are turned off.

I remember seeing a thread about installing the Bre-Kraus sub bars and these can trigger this light if a certain sequence is not followed. I've search and search the forums and can not find this thread....anyone help????

Old 08-17-2011, 01:52 PM
anotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud of
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM
anotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud of
Nothing is laying in the seat and when I sit in it the light goes off. This light only comes on when something light weight is in the seat but not heavy enough to trigger the airbags so the air bags are turned off.
This is kind of confusing... So is the light off by default, then turns on only when you put something light on the seat, and shuts off when you sit in it?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
mikemdd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by anotherswordfis
I also installed the GT2 seats in my 997.1 GT3 and have the same problem you had (passenger light stays on). What is the calibration process?
thanks

Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Just got back from the dealer...they still can't get the Passenger Air Bag Off light to go out. They reset and cleared everything.

The dealer is now blaming the installer saying you absolutly CAN NOT take screws out of the seat bas assembly because the 4 weight sensors relie on these bolts and the seat base to sence the weight. The dealer said the sensores are seeing different weights at all 4 sensors. They said either this is the issue or the installer broke 1 or more of the sensors.

I called the installer and they called BS on this dealer and they have me intouch with another dealer to go try and get this fixed.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Spoke with mdrums, conveyed my experience, and wanted to post this for anyone else who installs these seats (GT2).

The AWS must be VERY sensitive when it comes to calibration.

With the BK Sub bar in place, Brumos tried to calibrate, reset the DME completely and it still refused to calibrate. It was their hunch that it may be the BK sub bar. So I removed the sub bar. They then went to the same calibration process and it worked instantly.

Make sure the BK sub bar is NOT installed on the passenger side. The weight sensors are in the rails and the BK sub bar must affect the ability for the AWS to calibrate. Maybe it expects a certain weight... I don't know. Too strange.

After the dealer calibrates the AWS, then, WITHOUT disconnecting ANY connectors, undo the two nuts and put the BK Sub bar in place on top of the mounts (don't forget to remove the spacers - you won't need them with the BK bar). It's tight to get in there, but it's possible. Took only a few minutes.

Let us know how it goes, mdrums...