Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT 3, RS, or Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by Karl B
Thanks for the input, the GTS is a step up but not enough. I think you have all stated what I have been thinking all along.

I have been to the exotic classics showroom, very nice people and facilities. Would make it easy for me since they are local. I thought I may be better at a Porsche dealer since I could get it CPO.

They had a well equipped used GT3 there now, but i am not sure about the yellow. Had all the options I wanted but seems to be sold now.
http://www.exoticclassics.com/detail...d-7517904.html

The black one is nice, but does not have nav or the carbon brakes. Since I am in no rush I think it may be best to wait for exactly what I want.
http://www.exoticclassics.com/detail...d-7538697.html
Lot's of good opinions have been offered on this and I agree with all of them. I would go with the GT3 based on what you said you were going to use it for. The black one that you have identified above is a good choice. I have Nav and PCCB's and really don't think the Nav is necessary and the PCCB's can be expensive to replace. In retrospect, I think the black one would fit my needs perfectly because it has full leather and heated seats and I am partial to that.

Good luck with it.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow some pretty biased opionions here, wonder what the feedback would be if you posted this in the turbo forums section ...

GT3 and RS are great cars for sure, so is the turbo either way you can't go wrong, I'd say drive them both and see which you like bettter...

or get the best of both worlds and go the GT2 or 2RS route

Old 09-01-2011, 05:14 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sunir
Wow some pretty biased opionions here, wonder what the feedback would be if you posted this in the turbo forums section ...

GT3 and RS are great cars for sure, so is the turbo either way you can't go wrong, I'd say drive them both and see which you like bettter...

or get the best of both worlds and go the GT2 or 2RS route
I wouldn't say that the GT2 and/or 2RS are the best of both worlds. A recent review, by Excellence Magazine I believe, chose the 3RS over the 2RS. I'd go as far as to say that the 4L RS would be a no brainer over anything Porsche has with FI; for me anyway.

I had a .1 turbo and MUCH prefer my .2 GT3.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:29 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911dev
I wouldn't say that the GT2 and/or 2RS are the best of both worlds. A recent review, by Excellence Magazine I believe, chose the 3RS over the 2RS. I'd go as far as to say that the 4L RS would be a no brainer over anything Porsche has with FI; for me anyway.

I had a .1 turbo and MUCH prefer my .2 GT3.
that's fine Excellence can have the 3RS...I'll take the 2RS over it anyday of the week and twice on Sunday ... auto editor geeks can print what they want...what's faster around the Nburg ring??

I haven't driven the 2RS but I've driven the 6GT2, 7GT2, 6GT3, 6RSR, 7.1 GT3, 7.2 3RS, and Cup ...and although I LOVE The N/A on track, ..I would pick the Cup car bar none instead of a GT3 or 3RS (both of which in my opinion are built as comprimises to the Cup, the GT3 moreso than the 3RS which is closer but not the same) and use it for that purpose only, anything other than for a pure dedicated track/race car, the GT2 in any of it's varients trumps the GT3/RS in my opinion for a total package load of fun both on track and on the street and pure exhileration!