Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS Valuation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Mattyrae is infamous around these parts
GT3 RS Valuation?

Looking at a 2007 GT3 RS, orange, 7k miles. Anyone have a realistic value for what these are worth? Most are between 99k and 110k asking price.

Also I have a friend looking for a green 2007 GT3 RS if anyone knows one for sale, like the one at Sharkwerks.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Darn,

Looks like the one I was interested in sold. Autotrader.com had an awsome 2007 GT3 RS orange with the 997.2 sport seats. There is another in Florida, but it has the fixed back Carrera GT seats.

Anyway, what are these worth, not one guy has a view?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Darn,

Looks like the one I was interested in sold. Autotrader.com had an awsome 2007 GT3 RS orange with the 997.2 sport seats. There is another in Florida, but it has the fixed back Carrera GT seats.

Anyway, what are these worth, not one guy has a view?
I'd say person-to-person sale realistically in the 90-99k range, and dealer sale +5-10% for a car with 7k miles depending on options and CPO potential. I'd guess you might get one with slightly more mileage for high 80's if you are patient enough.

One here in LA sold within the past month for $93,500 with 14k miles and 2 years remaining on CPO, and another just sold in Miami for low 90's with 11k miles and a few upgrades.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Bodybag
I'd say person-to-person sale realistically in the 90-99k range, and dealer sale +5-10% for a car with 7k miles depending on options and CPO potential. I'd guess you might get one with slightly more mileage for high 80's if you are patient enough.

One here in LA sold within the past month for $93,500 with 14k miles and 2 years remaining on CPO, and another just sold in Miami for low 90's with 11k miles and a few upgrades.
Was the one that sold in Miami the one with the 997 GT2 seats? They were asking 109k when I was looking at Autotrader.com on Sunday.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Was the one that sold in Miami the one with the 997 GT2 seats? They were asking 109k when I was looking at Autotrader.com on Sunday.
No, it was one with an Orange center console, Orange stitching in the interior (factory GT3 seats) and Orange GMG roll bar.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:02 PM
johnw(to) is infamous around these parts
why are they holding their value so well?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:53 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I'll keep my eyes open!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by johnw(to)

These are holding their value because there aren't that many of them. Between 2007 and 2008, 916 GT3's were imported to the US and 413 GT3 RS's were imported. I found these numbers in another thread. Supply and demand.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:49 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Many of these cars were sold at or above window sticker so if you factor in an as purchased price of say $160K to $180K and they are now fetching around $100K after 4 years, aren't exactly holding value that well. But since the big slice of depreciation has been realized, now maybe is the time to buy.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Karman is infamous around these parts
An orange 2007 CPO Base GT3 has been on sale at Herb Chambers with 1500miles. I've seen the price go down from 101k to 94k in the course of over a year. I've seen it, it's very clean, and has been kept in the showroom. Good Luck!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:50 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Supply and soul

Because there are not many around, many get tracked and so that limits the availsble clean for street. Also IMO they have more soul and are more striking than the Gen 2 and most importantly, the next GT3 wont be available until late 2015 earliest per my Porsche rep. If you notice the new 991 carrera s base price is 20% higher than last year. So you can bet the 991 gt3 rs will likely be in the 165-180k range due to dollar weakness versus the German mark. Porsche doesnt care as much about US sales now due to currency and the new demand in China. All per my regional porsche rep.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:01 AM
ooberge is infamous around these parts
Mine will be available next month 2007 GT3RS Green if your interested pm me you have to pick it up in Canada

Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Because there are not many around, many get tracked and so that limits the availsble clean for street. Also IMO they have more soul and are more striking than the Gen 2 and most importantly, the next GT3 wont be available until late 2015 earliest per my Porsche rep. If you notice the new 991 carrera s base price is 20% higher than last year. So you can bet the 991 gt3 rs will likely be in the 165-180k range due to dollar weakness versus the German mark. Porsche doesnt care as much about US sales now due to currency and the new demand in China. All per my regional porsche rep.
Not sure Porsche rep has accurate info, as much is held close to the vest. True about China sales, but THEY ALWAYS CARE about US, despite other claims. As world economy continues to stumble/lag, some will adjust and some will not. Having good SUV & sedan sales lets Porsche care a little less about how much 911 metal they move...

Old 10-05-2011, 03:56 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Green GT3RS in Houston

Ok, for those of you looking. Momentum Houston Porsche has a 2007 Green GT3RS that i saw personally and has ONLY 600 miles, yes 6 0 0 as in hundred. Unreal condition, still smells new! Nice options, but not too many. Paint is perfect and has front and hood clear bra as well as front quarter panels! Much love to whoever gets it. I want to but the wife says her and the orange car or the green and orange car and she has to go....still contemplating, so hurry before I buy it! The nicest sales guy there is Brandon at 832 754 1349. IF you call please tell him Howard sent you!

Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i was looking at one just last month. rusnak(sp) of pasadena, ca was going to sell me one, 07, rs, with 4k on it for 92k plus fees. almost bit on it but the car was so low that i would not make it in my driveway.. i predict that in a year 07 gt-3s will be in the mid to high 70's.. by then i will have a new driveway put in.... great ride!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Valuation?