Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS towing a small utility trailer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
GT3 RS towing a small utility trailer

Hello mates some of you will probably hate me for suggesting this but almost every time I'm at the track I see someone with a boxter or basic 911 towing a tiny utility trailer carrying track tires. They basically modify the rear tow ring by welding a tow ball to it which then just screws into the back. I've seen it an it works great. Now I was thinking of doing the same with my 2011 RS. I track my car about once a month so a proper aluminum trailer to tow the car with my truck I think not worth the cash. Usually, I'll have my car trailed to the track but that too can get pricey. All i need is to get my slicks to the track and I'm set. I like driving the car the track its part of the adventure. What do you guys think..am I crazy for towing about 600 pounds with my RS? Has anyone ever seen that on an RS or GT3. Anyway, its probably nuts and I dont want to damage the car. Let me know your thoughts...

Last edited by Big Al; 09-04-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:04 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Call Willwood. He will likely have a proper hitch system for your car. Mine is a hidden hitch system that goes behind your license place. Lots of 6GT3 folks have used them. And I know of 1 7.RS that has. There are a bunch of threads on this over at Rennlist, and maybe here. Just search for Willwood.

-td

Name:  trailerpicture1.jpg
Views: 5398
Size:  226.4 KB

Old 09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Old 09-05-2011, 07:12 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
No problem trailering a small tire trailer with tool box or even a tiny enclosed trailer.

I've kept it simple and have trailered a small utility trailer behind my track car (Mustang) and I would still if I did not happen to have a company Dually with 44' enclosed trailer.

The issue is getting the wiring for lights. I would have no problem screwing a hitch into the tow hook as long as it is welded together properly.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
Trakcar...than you for your thoughts. I'm going for it. But don't u have a GT3 RS?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:50 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Yes have RS now but drive it into trailer (Fits 2 cars), still have the Mustang, my brother runs it :-)

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 PM
brim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura about
I'd say just drill some holes in the exhaust tips and use a chain to tow the trailer