Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991: I'm having second thoughts. Help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:15 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rja
... but I'm also looking forward the the 991 3RS in a few years (maybe 4 as I'll wait for the PDK version). ...
PDK GT3 RS?

I'm intrigued, confused, and disgusted - all at the same time.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 AM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
If they build it (PDK), I'll get it. If the next RS doesn't have a PDK, it'll still get it regardless. But I think Porsche will have to build it in order get the N-ring and 0-60 numbers that the general public is so obsessed with.

I personally will get the PDK (if offered) because it offers many advantages, not the least of which is improving overall performance -- of course, I don't need to convince you of this Other factors include that the manual box is also exiting stage left in favor of automated dual-clutch gearboxes. As such, I embrace the technology as opposed to resisting it.

Admittedly, there is some level of satisfaction and enjoyment that that I get from rowing my own gears, but for the most part it's not something I really think about. I also enjoy listening to the "pop" of PDK/DSG executed shift as do I love the sound of a set of turbos spooling up, but I do prefer an NA car overall. My point is that all solutions have their relative pros and cons, and effect on the overall driving experience. One just needs to pick what’s best for him or her. For me, that will be a PDK on an RS when offered.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rja
If they build it (PDK), I'll get it. If the next RS doesn't have a PDK, it'll still get it regardless. But I think Porsche will have to build it in order get the N-ring and 0-60 numbers that the general public is so obsessed with.

I personally will get the PDK (if offered) because it offers many advantages, not the least of which is improving overall performance -- of course, I don't need to convince you of this Other factors include that the manual box is also exiting stage left in favor of automated dual-clutch gearboxes. As such, I embrace the technology as opposed to resisting it.

Admittedly, there is some level of satisfaction and enjoyment that that I get from rowing my own gears, but for the most part it's not something I really think about. I also enjoy listening to the "pop" of PDK/DSG executed shift as do I love the sound of a set of turbos spooling up, but I do prefer an NA car overall. My point is that all solutions have their relative pros and cons, and effect on the overall driving experience. One just needs to pick what’s best for him or her. For me, that will be a PDK on an RS when offered.
One of the best posts I've read on 6speed in a while.

I understand 100%. But let me suggest to you, in general, that people who buy a GT3 did not do so because of 0-60 times, although I agree that track performance is something to boast about.