Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Is this dangerous?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Is this dangerous?

I was at a DE this past weekend and the gentleman that sold me the car was there with the general manager of the dealership. The topic of discussion was about a car that was on the track a white GT3 RS. They were raving about how good the car really handles on a track. -A beautiful car by the way.
I told them that I have never driven a GT3. They both looked at me with astonishment. My salesperson told me he would call me if/when they get a pre-owned GT3 to test drive.
He e-mailed me a picture of a beautiful Guards Red 2007 GT3. He told me the car was traded in for a new GT3 RS and if interested in test driving a GT3, that this was the opportunity.
I am test driving this car this afternoon or tomorrow. Now.....What is the likely hood of someone that has a 2011 TTS fall in love with a 2007 GT3? I know they are completely different cars, but I'm somewhat reluctant to even drive it. I have been driving my TTS mostly in sports mode and this is how I like it. Is the GT3 suspension going to be very different compared to sports mode in a tt?
What do you guys think?

Old 09-21-2011, 01:59 PM
KYROCKS is infamous around these parts
Totally different cars and feels. The turbo is fast and has great torque, but is soft on the track. The GT3 is high revving, loud, raw, handles like a scalpel, but the torque is not there. Both great cars.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Very, very likely to fall in love with the GT3, whether that love is greater than what you have for the Turbo is entirely a personal matter.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Very, very likely to fall in love with the GT3, whether that love is greater than what you have for the Turbo is entirely a personal matter.
This is exactly what I am worried about....

Old 09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
ChrisEVO has a spectacular aura aboutChrisEVO has a spectacular aura about
All about what experience you want out of the car. Fast, but soft; not a lot of feedback = TT. Slower but sharp as a knife and enough feedback to flood your senses = GT3. Drive it. If nothing else, it is a wonderful experience.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisEVO
All about what experience you want out of the car. Fast, but soft; not a lot of feedback = TT. Slower but sharp as a knife and enough feedback to flood your senses = GT3. Drive it. If nothing else, it is a wonderful experience.
Chris- Fast is boring after a while. PDK- is a great thing but non-involving.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Dangerous? It depends...do you have extra space in your garage?

Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by evil panda
Dangerous? It depends...do you have extra space in your garage?
Unfortunately, no space

Old 09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
ChrisEVO has a spectacular aura aboutChrisEVO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
Chris- Fast is boring after a while. PDK- is a great thing but non-involving.
Totally agree. Have owned faster cars but none as enjoyable as the GT3.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:43 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I think a normal test drive on the street your going to come away bored. But if you could get that same car out on the track you would come away very impressed.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:04 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
I think it is worth exploring. Anytime you get to drive a Porsche is a good time. What you decide to do after that, well.... It is perhaps like having coffee with Blake Lively..

Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM
RT-TURBO is infamous around these parts
I'd be very interested in your feedback after your test drive. I will say that a more comparative test would be a 997.2 GT3. They're both great rides, Turbo's silky smooth when not on the boost and regardless of speed there's nothing that matches shifting a GT3 except a WW2 Mauser rifle.Better wathout you'll become test drive junkie and always question your last purchase

Old 09-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Flip is infamous around these parts
You've already bought the GT3.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
I use to own an 08 turbo cab and it was the bomb! Huge power tons of torque sick ride. Then I got the track bug and traded it in for an 11 gt3 rs and it's hands down the greatest car I have ever owned and ive owned them all. If it's a daily driver stick with the turbo but If you take the car to the track even bit, there is no substitute for the gt3.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
If you like/love firm, responsive and nearly ready to race, the GT-3 will be to your liking. Many come away thinking it's a bit too "rough" for the street. I didn't, but the lack of a back seat probably has me re-thinking b/c I'd like to use it for local family-esque things. I like HP/TQ in that every car I've had in the past 10 years was 400 HP or more plus torque but I found the GT-3 fine in this regard. Could it have had more power? Sure, but it felt just fine for what it is. Nothing seemed lacking. Let us know

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this dangerous?