Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

No GT3 RS for me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Just curious as to your use in terms of street/track? Many question GT-3 street use as DD and it would seem RS would be even less suited to such. Personally, after my GT-3 test-drive I would have had no problems with street/DD service, but did not even consider an RS as I have zero track intentions.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Just curious as to your use in terms of street/track? Many question GT-3 street use as DD and it would seem RS would be even less suited to such.
I use my GT3 as a DD, as would be the case were I to get an RS. I enjoy having a raw car for the street. I’ve had Turbos in the past as well as sport sedans (RS4, M5, E55, etc.) but I’ve never happy in them and thus I’ve been through a lot of them. With the 3, I enjoy driving it even at 35 MPH in traffic because the car feels alive at any speed. With my other cars in the past, things only got exciting at the limit. I’ve had my GT3 for 4 years now and people who know me are amazed I’ve kept a car so long - I’m amazed I’ve kept a car so long! It’s been that great of car and I cannot see myself driving anything other than a GT3.

I realize the RS is marketed as a more track-oriented car. My preference for the track is to be in a racecar and prepping / racing an RS is well out of my budget – I need to stick to lesser cars like an e30/e36 BMW for that. My interest in the RS stemmed from its exclusivity, awesome looks (love the wider rear), and expectations that it will be even more raw than my current car thereby making it even more exciting to drive, even as a DD. I love my current car and it will cost me $70K to switch into an RS. As much as I wanted the RS, my gut told me I was making a bad and rash decision so I backed out at the last minute. If I get a chance to drive one, I may change my mind but for now I’m sticking w/ my current car which I know and love.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
"...the car feels alive at any speed." is exactly how I thought of it. You don't need to be pulling a "g" on a track curve to enjoy it. Even though I'm holding off for now, it did leave an impression on me and probably after the hopefully not-so-harsh NY winter I'll see...

Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 AM
docholiday is infamous around these parts
uh-oh.... transporter may be turned around....

Looks like an RS may be back on your todo list. I see it just hit auto trader ! Good luck with the sale. It looks to be an awesome price for such a well kept car.

I just went from a 997.1 S to a .1 GT3 a week ago and my tail still hasn't stopped wagging. I hope the RS does that for you.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
I would trade up to a newer DD 3.8 RS from my DD 08 3.6 GT3 in heartbeat, for the exact same reasons you were looking to do the same thing....
but not for another 70k. As much as these are all depreciating in value you would have been double #$%&ed

Do as Snowboarder did and get the 3.9 and the other upgrades you will be much happier. And your wallet will be fatter for it

Old 10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Like old comfortable jeans with $40k in the pockets

Old 10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
You shoulda had him bring it to sharkwerks for there 3.9 PKG