Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Seinfeld has TWO cgt's???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 06:52 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
For four hundred large you want your money's worth. Canepa has undertaken back-to-back tests with his modified 959 and a new RUF GT2. The RUF turned 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and took 11.9 seconds to reach 100 mph. The 959 goes from a standstill to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and reaches 100 mph in 11.4 seconds. Top speed of the 959 is 215.

Ben, thanks for posting the link to the article. Fascinating read.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:00 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
You have a Flachbau?!?!?! Pics please!!!!!!
I have seen pics of the Gulf colred TTS. I think its in a book I have?

Originally posted by Les Quam
Nick,
I have to respectfully disagree with you in regard to the master of his domain Mr. Seinfeld. I think he is a Porsche nut and has had an authentic affection for them long before Porsche began helping him with his collection. It's my understanding that he has one of the worlds finest Porsche collections and I know for a fact that Porsche rewards it's loyal customers with special cars whenever they can accomodate them.

I was able to get one of the five 2005 GT2s built for NA because of a long history of Porsche purchases after contacting my zone rep. and asking for one.

When a famous automobile book author needed one of the 24 2004 GT2s and one of the 39 Flachbau's and one of the 176 97 993 turbo S cars for a photo shoot for his book last fall a Porsche PR guy gave him my name and my cars will be featured in an upcoming book. Porsche through it's reps seems to keep track of Porsche customers with rare cars or large collections. I also know of Porsche's accomodation of other large Porsche collectors as well as Seinfeld. There is a Porsche collector here in town who was built by Porsche in 1997 one of the four for the entire world 1997 993 turbo S cars with Gulf oil racing colors in appreciation for years of loyal Porsche purchases. This car was not available to the public.

In regard to the Seinfeld article about the CGT , I am curious what exactly did you find inaccurate or exaggerated? After owning one I have to agree with everything Seinfeld wrote in the article and I know you have spent quite a bit of time in a CGT and I have never heard you to have much if anything negative to say about the car?

I don't think shill is at all accurate to describe the relationship Seinfeld has with Porsche. I think mutual appreciation between collector and manufacturer might be more accurate in my humble opinion. And I have every right to be angry at Seinfeld because I had the last 996 GT2 ever built until he had a black one built after the build run was closed. At least I think he was the guy in NY who got a black one built after the run had closed. Someone was able to convince Porsche to build one more according to my possibly unreliable sources. But if it was him he deserves it.

Old 05-08-2005, 09:28 PM
CABRIO C4 is infamous around these parts
good for him..

Old 05-10-2005, 11:39 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
When I used the term shill I did not mean to imply he as engaged in anything illegal. But I did mean to say he is a Porschephile who has his head up Porsche rear end beyond his shoulders. Thus he is given preferential treatment and his views regarding Porsche are tainted so badly the are worth what is show was about.

Les I have nothing against the CGT. I happen to believe it is the best spot car on the planet for the money. Do I prefer Ferrari over Porsche? Yes and it does not have anything to do with performance.

I was not aware they gave your collection a nice boast and certainly they should be commended. Keeping track of collectors and what Porsche owners do and how they driver their cars seems to be their forte.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Les Quam is infamous around these parts
Luis,

You can see a couple of pictures of my Flachbau at www. lasvegasclassiccars.com. Another great flachbau site is www.flachbau.com operated by Mark smith.

Nick,
I didn't mean to imply that I thought your description of Seinfeld as a shill was illegal. I just think it's inaccurate. He recently displayed his 1949 Gmund coupe at Amelia Island concours d'elegance. The guy is a complete Porsche enthusiast with perhaps the worlds best Porsche collection? I don't think there are more than a few original Gmund coupes left and he probably paid big bucks to get that car. He also has the first and last air cooled 911s built. In my mind that qualifies him as a Porsche collector as opposed to shill with one of the best Porsche collections in the world.

In regard to the article he wrote about the CGT I honestly think if he didn't like the car or certain things about the car he would have mentioned it in his article. The proof in my opinion that he is not a shill is that he has purchased not one but two CGTs for his own personal use. Had he not purchased a CGT perhaps one could argue that he was a shill?

He displays cars from his collection. He attends Porsche car shows and parts swap meets. He is a bona fide Porsche collector and enthusiast not a shill IMHO.

How many Porsche collectors have a 1949 Gmund coupe and For that matter how many were built and still exist???

Old 05-10-2005, 04:54 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Les,
Great cars man! Marks car is sweet. Nice website, very imformative. Are ALL the cars in the "private collection" yours? I had the opportunity to ride in a GNX back in the late 80's and it was a ride I never forgot. Thanks for the info.
Regards,
Luis

Old 05-10-2005, 05:02 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Les I see your point. But my question to you is;

If you were looking to get an opinion on which sport car to buy would you ask Seinfeld? In my view he would be the last guy I would ask. See my point?

Old 05-10-2005, 05:33 PM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
Seinfeld wasn't hired to write an objective review of the CGT. The magazine's regular writers did that. Seinfeld was hired to write an amusing article describing the driving impressions of a knowledgeable enthusiast. Which he did. There are diehard enthusiasts of every great marque; few would base their purchasing decisions strictly on their views. Anyone who can afford a CGT is smart enough to know where Jerry's coming from.

Old 05-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Luis,
Everything on the site is mine except for the Ferrari and the seal grey 2002 996. Thanks for checking out my site. The GNX is fun.

Nick,
I completely see your point. But after actually owning a CGT, I have found Seinfelds article to be one of the most accurate in regard to the CGT as opposed to the multitude of inaccurate reporting regarding the car.

Another way to look at it, is that Seinfeld happens to own one of the worlds best Porsche collections. As a respected Porsche collector he was asked by Porsche to write an article on the CGT. Because he also is known for his creative skills Porsche reasonably believed that the combination of Porsche knowledge and creative talent would lead to an entertaining AND informative article. Porsche did not have a lot of collectors to choose from with a collection that equals Sienfelds. First air cooled 911, last air cooled 911. A Gmund coupe which perhaps two exist and possibly the owner of the last GT2 to ever to be built. Plus who knows what else he has stashed away in his collection???

So the list is short of people who have Porsche collections like that and that can write an entertaining article. IMHO

Finally Nick you still have not articulated what you found to be exagerated or inaccurate about Seinfelds article. Forget for a moment that he is famous. Just approach it from the standpoint that he has one of the best Porsche collections in the world and was asked to give his opinion. Was the final product inaccurate???

Old 05-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Cs 911 is infamous around these parts
I have always admired that man for his collection and knowledge of modern and classic Porsches.

One more thing. I have always wondered if he is a member here. It would seem that such an enthusiast would want to express his opinions and thoughts on different subjects. It seems to me that this would his garden of pleasure and a release of his thoughts.

Anyway, if he is actually a member, I would have to assume that he only posts under a name which he does not disclose as himself.

Oh well, I would love to talk to the man sometime and hear what he has to say.

Oh yeah, congratulations on the CGT...You have just set the bar a little higher for me.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:54 PM
I would just like to see or read about his collection of Porsche's. I wish a magazine would do a story on his collection or that he would create a website showing his cars. His last name doesn't interest me as much as his cars. As far as I know his complete collection has never been displayed or discussed. All we ever hear about is a single car or two when he displays one in a car show. I didn't know he owned a 1949 Gmund coupe until I read about it in a magazine?

Is he secretive or just disorganized and has his cars scattered and stored all over???

Old 05-12-2005, 07:34 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Les Quam
I would just like to see or read about his collection of Porsche's. I wish a magazine would do a story on his collection or that he would create a website showing his cars. His last name doesn't interest me as much as his cars. As far as I know his complete collection has never been displayed or discussed. All we ever hear about is a single car or two when he displays one in a car show. I didn't know he owned a 1949 Gmund coupe until I read about it in a magazine?

Is he secretive or just disorganized and has his cars scattered and stored all over???
You would think that someone with a Hollywood ego would be more than anxious to show off his cars...It would be the socially responsible thing to do...at least for the Porsche enthusiast community...

Old 05-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Every person who I have ever run into in the Porsche and automotive world who has met or talked to Seinfeld at a car show has indicated that he is a down to earth no ego person just a regular car guy.

My theory is that he has some cars in LA and some in NY and doesn't have all of them under one roof for display. Because he does display certain cars at shows from time to time.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:11 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
cool, but who the hell would wanna live and drive p cars in NYC?

:O