Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Gt3 as daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by OCTurbo
Thanks everyone for your responses. I test drove a white 2011 gt3- I loved everything about it (handling, sound, looks, raw feeling, etc), except I felt it was a little lacking in straight line speed/acceleration. I have driven my friends pdk 997 turbo, as well as a 997 TT S and found that paddle shifting with mind boggling acceleration is very addicting. My evoms tuned 996 TT feels faster in a straight line as well (probably due to the high torque). The gt3 is a phenomenal car and a track weapon, but I guess I'm more of a turbo guy!
This is exactly what I've been wondering as well. I think the GT3 would be perfect for me, but I want the torque and power of a Turbo. GT2 would be the best choice, but prices are still a bit high.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
gt3 or rs all day long. You'll get used to it and be comfortable driving it around town in no time. I think it is the best car i ever owned by far and the only reason i dont drive it all year as my daily is winter. Which kills me I might ad. Im considering moving

I personaly love the car over the turbo, but im not sure what kinda person you are an maybe its best if you go test driving a few before making a final decission. As others have mentioned it's almost like the turbo is more of a luxury car than a track/sports car, maybe its just the options that one i drove had that made it seem that way, I dont know!

i have to say that you can enjoy this car all day long, to and from work as much as you can at the track. It's that good ~ hoestly!

Good luck

Old 12-05-2011, 04:21 PM
jasonmorris1809 is infamous around these parts
Gt3 over a TT any day of the week, or in this case, every day of the week!The purity of the GT3 is the way to go for me.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jasonmorris1809
Gt3 over a TT any day of the week, or in this case, every day of the week!The purity of the GT3 is the way to go for me.
Amen to that Jason!
I have driven all the Porsche's and feel the Gt3 is the purist of them all.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:02 PM
BMWGator is infamous around these parts
Don't really post much on 6speed, but after recently driving a friend's Signal Green 997.1 GT3 RS, it made quite an impression on me! Freakin love that car!

Never drove an RS before and I was shocked at how easy it was to drive and if you needed to/wanted to, you could easily drive that thing daily. It was surprisingly very comfortable and I could take that thing on long road trips with no problem whatsoever.

While I was driving the RS, my friend drove my Gallardo and we were both wowed by the other's car...lol Here's a vid I took while driving the RS...love that exhaust note!...easily the best-sounding stock exhaust of all the P-cars (except for the CGT, of course).

No way would I drive the Gallardo daily, though...although fairly easy to drive, it would be a major PITA to drive daily.

But the GT3 RS is a different story. I would love to add one to the stable. Couldn't/wouldn't let go of the Gallardo, though...way too fun.

To the OP, if you get the GT3, get the RS...THE best driver's car out there!

Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BMWGator
Don't really post much on 6speed, but after recently driving a friend's Signal Green 997.1 GT3 RS, it made quite an impression on me! Freakin love that car!

Never drove an RS before and I was shocked at how easy it was to drive and if you needed to/wanted to, you could easily drive that thing daily. It was surprisingly very comfortable and I could take that thing on long road trips with no problem whatsoever.

While I was driving the RS, my friend drove my Gallardo and we were both wowed by the other's car...lol Here's a vid I took while driving the RS...love that exhaust note!...easily the best-sounding stock exhaust of all the P-cars (except for the CGT, of course).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzowDEB3g6w

No way would I drive the Gallardo daily, though...although fairly easy to drive, it would be a major PITA to drive daily.

But the GT3 RS is a different story. I would love to add one to the stable. Couldn't/wouldn't let go of the Gallardo, though...way too fun.

To the OP, if you get the GT3, get the RS...THE best driver's car out there!
Can you please elaborate on this? The Gallardo seems like you can always be lax when driving; more of a grand tourer.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
killer video, I enjoyed it very much.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Nycflip22
Can you please elaborate on this? The Gallardo seems like you can always be lax when driving; more of a grand tourer.
All-around visibility is practically normal on the GT3 RS. Way easier to manipulate and park and everything.

My Gallardo is a 6-speed manual. Clutch is heavier than the RS. Visibility is limited in the rear with big blind spots. Turning radius on the Gallardo is terrible. My Gallardo is freakin low...have the front lift, but still have to be careful since my car's lowered an inch below stock height. And of course, daily driving would get very old very fast with the typical picture-taking/filming/tailing/yelling/screaming/going bonkers "paparazzi" everywhere you go - not exactly in the mood for that on a daily basis...in fact, not in the mood for that on MOST days. lol

Don't get me wrong, the Gallardo with its AWD freakin rocks on our drives and just feels amazingly planted through the twisties, rain, bad weather, you name it. Solid, solid car. Fun as hell and nothing like it.

But as a driver's car, the RS is superior in that aspect.

Here's a pic:

Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by lopro
killer video, I enjoyed it very much.
Haha, thanks!

I admit I can't stop watching it myself cuz that exhaust sound on the Porsche is addicting!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by BMWGator
Haha, thanks!

I admit I can't stop watching it myself cuz that exhaust sound on the Porsche is addicting!
Your very correct, I'm very much an addict of the porsche exhaust

Old 12-06-2011, 08:04 AM
thedream is infamous around these parts
Sounds like GT all the way

Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 PM
neuroguru is infamous around these partsneuroguru is infamous around these parts
I love the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 997.2GT3 on the street!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
I think the GT3 would be an amazing daily driver. My only reservation would be if your daily drives include stop and go traffic on a regular or semi-regular basis. The heavy clutch would start to become a pain (literally) pretty quickly. Unless, of course, you routinely work out on your left leg at the gym .

Old 12-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Pretty Darned Good

Originally Posted by neuroguru
I love the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 997.2GT3 on the street!

They're pretty darned good on the track too!!
Mr. B

Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
i want to change my previous opinion. a family member "stole" the M3 for a month, so i've been DD'ing the GT3 for awhile now. i'm really loving the GT3 drive everyday, i guess i truly don't mind being "forced" to drive a GT3 everyday except that the wife wanted to buy a piece of furniture this weekend and got highly annoyed with my lil' growly beetle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gt3 as daily driver?