Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CNA Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
dcottam is infamous around these parts
CNA Extended Warranty

Does anyone have any experience with a CNA extended warranty?

My car has 8 months to go on the factory warranty, and having had the front and rear main seals and the starter and right valve cover gasket replaced in the last 18 months I am looking to cover my bases going forwards.

My servicing dealer (Porsche of the Mail Line), is recommending and offering CNA Total Vehicle Care (although the paperwork states that the obligor is Continental Service Provider Inc., but that the administrator is CNA National Warranty Corp). I like the idea of buying the warranty from my servicing dealer as I (perhaps foolishly) feel that any claims are likely to be handled more smoothly.

I have a few issues already that I need to talk to the dealer about, one of which is that a "non-manufacturer approved exhaust system" seems to void the whole agreement (and I have an RSS X-Pipe fitted), but was wondering if anyone can throw any further light on CNA/Continental Warranties?

Thanks

Dave

Old 11-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dcottam
Does anyone have any experience with a CNA extended warranty?

My car has 8 months to go on the factory warranty, and having had the front and rear main seals and the starter and right valve cover gasket replaced in the last 18 months I am looking to cover my bases going forwards.

My servicing dealer (Porsche of the Mail Line), is recommending and offering CNA Total Vehicle Care (although the paperwork states that the obligor is Continental Service Provider Inc., but that the administrator is CNA National Warranty Corp). I like the idea of buying the warranty from my servicing dealer as I (perhaps foolishly) feel that any claims are likely to be handled more smoothly.

I have a few issues already that I need to talk to the dealer about, one of which is that a "non-manufacturer approved exhaust system" seems to void the whole agreement (and I have an RSS X-Pipe fitted), but was wondering if anyone can throw any further light on CNA/Continental Warranties?
Thanks
Dave
Don't know anything about CNA/Continental, but most everything I have heard or read about independent warranty companies is bad. See:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._warranty.html
for example.
Mr. B

Old 11-14-2011, 08:33 PM
MSRPorsche is infamous around these parts
Thought I'd bump this up again hoping to get some ideas.
Anyone purchased an after market (non CPO) extended warranty? Fidelity just rejected my "application" through a Porsche dealer stating that they do not offer coverage on GT3s.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:02 PM
MGR-GT3 is infamous around these parts
I use EasyCare. No problems so far.

MGR