Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sequential Shifter - with Clutch.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:31 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
it seems its not the price, its more the fact that clutch is still needed and damages occur. Im getting a very mixed responce on this from the rennlist crowd. i dont even know which was to go on this now.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
Yes not a true sequential in that you still use the clutch. A true sequential like in the 997 cup will run you about 25k and will need to be rebuilt a lot more often. The bottom line is yes, there is more where an tear on the syncros. As long as you do not ignore the signs of the syncros going, such as grindng, or not shifting properly you will be fine and the fix is not a major deal. As far as performance, i'm sure you will be just fine with the stock shifter, but I challenge any to tell me the shifts with this shifter are not easier to make and by far quicker. Also and I think you pointed it out is that its insurance. 5th to 3rd is less likely thant 5th to 2nd which would detroy you motor. Bottom line for me was, that it trick, looks awesome, feel like a true race car and I just plain wanted period. Like I said I would not pay 7k new plus 1k install but since I got I deal I had to pull the trigger. I'm sure I could have lived with out it and there are plenty if people with stock shifter which are faster the me. Again I saw so many of them at Road Atlanta I had to have one and the price was right. Good Luck.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:56 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
without a doubt you make great points as to why as person should get it. It is trick forsure.

I imagine it makes the car feel more like a true racecar. Without a doubt its an interesting setup. Truth is there is service to be done with any seq system no matter if its the 25K real version or sqs. I do think at full price its expensive also. Used may just be what the doctor ordered.

I wish I had someone local wth the system already installed to help me test the water first before I dive into the deep end.