Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

"Raising Ride Height" - Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:43 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by nberry
Ben I have no idea what this thread has to do with Ferrari.

Rather than attack Ferrari, look out your own pocket book. Step up and either fight Porsche for their negligence in design or pay the freight to make your CGT driveable. What repairs are required to a Ferrari has absolutely nothing to do with your issue.

However if you find solace in attacking Ferrari to overcome your frustration with the ride height of your car then so be it.

??? make my CGT driveable? i've got nearly as many miles on it already as you put on your 360 spider during your entire ownership. i've already replaced all four tires and front brake pads. not driveable?

come on now about the ferrari. ferrari is our only logical choice for getting "some" of our sportscar needs meet. and, you know your sole vocation of late has been to bash porsche. why i have no idea. you are a good friend of mine but i have to tell you this schit is getting pretty stale. as dr phil from rennteam quoted you from several of your posts:

ANTI-PORSCHE (company or owners) or promoting Ferrari

It would be my pick(it really is a fabulous car) but for its plummeting new and resale value. I just saw a NEW CGT advertised for $400,000 in Autoweek.
It reminds me of the stockmarket.

::::::::::

James, Ford depreciate just like Porsche's but not as much. However I do like your Google strategy.

::::::::::::

I suppose I could tone down my anti-Porsche rhetoric but then what would the poster's do? Defending what you buy is bonding with what you bought.

:::::::::::

The track exclusion is an insult to every Porsche owner. It forces the owner to lie.

What I cannot believe is that I have to defend my position which is to your benefit.! MY GOD, no matter how much you love Porsche at least look out for your own interest and get what you paid for.

::::::::::::

I am flabbergasted that owners would defend Porsche to the detriment of their self interest. To buy a sport car which is designed for track events and not want/insist on getting an answer from the car manufacturer as to whether they extend the warranty coverage to these events is beyond my comprehension. "Lemming's over the cliff."

::::::::::

Finally, if I want a sanely exciting ride which gives GT and racing driving experience and holds its value, the Ferrari 430 is perfect.

:::::::

BTW, the British pro Porsche magazine had another article which was headlined "Why The AM V8 Vantage Will Pulverise Porsche".

Take this to the bank. The rear engine concept was good while it lasted. Porsche is going to dump it despite howls from some of its enthusiast who are stuck in a time warp.

:::::

I have no doubt the 997 TT will perform at least on par with the 430. But with AWD and an engine hanging over its rear axle it will be a boring car to drive just as the 996 TT was.

:::::

Here is a comment from Motor Trend magazine regarding the 911 Cab.

"The Boxster S has been heavily revised for 2005 effectively making the 911 Cab.an expensive redundancy."

I am inclined to agree but for the backseat in the 911 though barely useable.

The reality is you buy Porsche because it gives you performance and in your and others view BLING! .

You can tell yourself like others do that bling does not matter but you buy Porsche because it is a Porsche and there is a BLING BLING to it.

Why do you all deny what is plain on your face and people that know you? I read how Europeans find it vulgar in a business setting for someone to be driving a Porsche and how you owners are sensitive to the problem. Now why would Europeans think that way? Because it is a performance car or is it BLING BLING?

Stop fooling yourself and fess up. "I bought a Porsche because all my life I wanted one and once I began successful enough I fulfilled my dream BLING BLING .

::::::

If it isn't a joke then it only confirms what I have believed about Porsche. A money grabbing company.

The base 997 should have had the S power and the S should have the powerkit power. Instead, they make you pay through the nose for what you should have had. What is distressing about all this is they get away with it! Many S owners will fork out the extra money and line Porsches' pockets.

Those that do will soon learn they will not get one dime back on their powerkit cost.

If this rumor is true, Porsche thank you for not letting me down.

BTW your dealing with a mass producer of automobiles. Delays and poor workmanship are the norm. Accept it.

:::

(Quoting an article, posted it on the Porsche board)
Believe me I have had my ups and downs in life ( including losing more than 1.2 Mio US in a week in 1998) but this is really the best 200K I have EVER spent and now I know why Porsche makes 1.3 BN USD a year and Ferrari is strugging to breakeven....as they give you more.

Last edited by ben, lj; 05-06-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cjv
If the car hits everything while just driving around then it isn't a street car. We originally had KA set with a 3/8" inch clearance up front. It didn't take too very long before we had her raised another one and a quarter inches. Everything has it's trade offs.
fwiw, in my 3k miles of complete exhaustion of all four tires, i was amazed to find not one scratch on the carbon undertrays! the only thing that has thus far ever bottomed out is the plastic piece under the bumper that is designed to take the impact of bottoming out. my stradale however didn't have anything like that and i completely *ucked up the underside of my front bumper within the first 30 miles of ownership. "for a fee" you can buy aluminum protection plates for the front of the stradale. i guess you have to step up and either fight ferrari for their negligence in design or pay the freight to make the stradale driveable (see how absurd that sounds nick?).

Last edited by ben, lj; 05-06-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:14 PM
@ $10,700 (retail) + (gobs of) labor, not exactly the bargain.

Old 05-08-2005, 03:22 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i'm thinking if ones already hitting everywhere what would 10mm solve the problem. IMO, learn the car the way it is or avoid going to places that kill it.

Old 05-08-2005, 05:08 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
LOL Arling bring it to Boston lets go offroading

Ben: you should join him come here

Old 05-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Mike... can you post some pics of your CGT? It looks amazing!

Old 05-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Banned
deeroff is infamous around these parts
So what exactly should I avoid? Curbs, speedbumps?

-- I was checking out a post on another board ( http://forums.rennlist.com/ ) and it showed/compared the GT2, TT and New 997 S to the Carrera GT.

The Carrera GT is higher than the GT2 and not much lower than the 996 TT - The CGT's frontal approach angle is also not far off the GT2 and TT, whilst the rear approach angle on the Carrera GT is MUCH higher/better, etc.

Much ado about nothing?????? I figure it can't be much different than my 996 TT that I lowered with ROW springs.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by deeroff

Much ado about nothing?????? I figure it can't be much different than my 996 TT that I lowered with ROW springs.
i've seen that chart before (in leipzig when i went), but think it's BS. it's not the worst thing in the world, but it will require planning ahead and will preclude going to many places including many gas stations. fwiw, the stradale is very low and i had no trouble with my garage with that car. however, i have to back the CGT into that side of the garage and have about 1/4" clearance when i do. it can't be pulled in forward on that (my) side whereas the stradale was a no brainer. i don't recalll speedbump problems but avoid going over them 95%+ of the time.

Last edited by ben, lj; 05-08-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Honored Member

W8MM is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Chordate
Mike... can you post some pics of your CGT? It looks amazing!

Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by W8MM
yum, yum!!

Old 05-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Honored Member

Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Honored Member

Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Honored Member

Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Wow Mike! That CGT looks amazing! It is probobly the only CGT in Ohio

Old 05-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Honored Member

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Raising Ride Height" - Carrera GT