Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

4.0 L exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 09:00 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
4.0 L exhaust

Who has the BEST system for 4.0 L ?????

GMG
RSS
SW
FVD
M&M

ETC.......

Old 11-26-2011, 11:36 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Here is the one I like but it is very expensive any one has experience with this kit?

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/997_GT3-141-34/-/2011/item/item_details/VID_43147021-VCD_23629461-gid_27-sort_4-display_50-item_BES99709260SR/EXHAUST_-_Tuning_-_Exhaust_System-BES99709260SR-Exhaust_System_Race_997_GT3_RS_`Brombacher`_Super_ Sound__incl._RSR_style_tips.html

I will cal RHONDA next Monday she has very good service...

Old 11-26-2011, 06:31 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
That's an opinion. They all sound great. I have the Sharkwerks bypass and black tips.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
I think Akrapovic has the lightest system from headers back, and it produces good power/torque!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by dsu*
I think Akrapovic has the lightest system from headers back, and it produces good power/torque!
Akra has a good system but Inlike FVD since it has the valve option,RSR type tipes and no big silencer.
The sad part is the cost.

BTW I have for sale my OEM RSR headers and M&M silencer kit for RS.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:45 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Who has the BEST system for 4.0 L ?????

GMG
RSS
SW
FVD
M&M

ETC.......
Friend of mine just got the GMG center section for his 4.0, and whatever desighn change they use, the sound is awesome for the car. Best words I can say it is truely "proper". (Was suprised because I've been thought the center swap before on others, and it was basically a waste of $$ IMHO for what you got in return........not so much the HP that is advertised but the sound I happened to be mostly interested in).

But again, the GMG unit just was great!

Old 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes the Bypasses center sections sound great and the car loose good weight in the back no great HP gains,a really good alternative.
But I also want some extra HP,s and a good diet for the rear of the car....

Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We are testing our World Challenge header and cat system in about a week.

This is similar to our the system we use on the 3.8GT3RS cars now.
200 cell sport catalyst, equal length header system with 3/1 F! style merge collector.

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exh...72header.shtml

Will post full report and dyno results before and after.

Stay Tuned!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I am definitely looking forward to seeing that Fabryce. Bigtime.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Looking forward to this.

I want to see an RS 4.0 on the dyno with before and after numbers. This car cost way to much for a manufacture to say " it should do x" or "it should do y"

If you have it and can do it just show me.

Good luck and thanks.

-Troy

Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Ordered FVD Ti complete system and ECU ...

Old 11-30-2011, 03:54 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Ordered FVD Ti complete system and ECU ...
It's early in the game, but good luck with it. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

-Troy

Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
If I had a 4.0 I would want to see a comparison for complete systems from the top 5 tuners for HP and Torque before I made a decision to spend 4k -14k on a complete system....
It is way too easy just to say systems for both 3.8 and 4.0 are the same and will provide the same data

Old 11-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
If I had a 4.0 I would want to see a comparison for complete systems from the top 5 tuners for HP and Torque before I made a decision to spend 4k -14k on a complete system....
It is way too easy just to say systems for both 3.8 and 4.0 are the same and will provide the same data

Thank you.

-Troy

Old 11-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Great Idea.....

We need 1 car to test all the systems in one day.
(In reality the chances of that happening are slim to none)

Bring the system's and I will gladly supply the Dyno time.

We have a proper dyno test cell and the repeatability is second to none.

http://www.gmgracing.com/dyno.shtml

We will post before ,after pictures along with video and dyno results of our World Challenge header and cat system for the 4.0.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 11-30-2011 at 11:11 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4.0 L exhaust