Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:14 AM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
I believe the Mass. dealer was asking around 112K

Old 12-12-2011, 09:28 AM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
4 Days Later...

Thank you all for your feedback.

I spent the wknd driving 2 gt3's (non-RS) - a '07 3.6 and '10 3.8 - the 3.8 was a considerably nicer car inside, but the 3.6 had pccb (I understand the track v street argument on brakes - I plan to use this car as a dd - and will do 2-4 DE/yr...) - neither had nav nor sat (which I want)

My DD is 30mi RT on mostly unsupervised mountain roads (which I know like the back of my hand from cycling) plus a weekly 250 mile commute on the highway (I currently run detector/jammers and know the hot spots)- I'll get to VIR a couple times a year.

I come from road cycling and love watching the wknd warriors - who spend $$$ on ultra lightweight bicycles, but are carrying an extra 10lbs on their mid-sections - get smoked by a $700 bikesrus guy. - I don't want to be that guy, so hopefully you all can help me work through the following:

BC I was tests driving in public spaces I was cautious and never got close to the limits of the car...That said, its very hard for me to figure out IF the $10-15k premium paid for similarly equipped/mileage cars is really worth the extra hp/tq on the 3.8 for a 85% dd?

- Is it noticeable anywhere but on a race track straight away?

- Next, how much better is the RS than a standard GT3?

There are several nice '07 RS cars available online around $100k w/<10k miles. I can afford a '10 or even a '11 3.8 ...but would rather not throw money at something that's only noticeable at the track.

Also, after studying the GT3 I noticed while driving my stock 996 c4 this wknd around town that every curb looked menacing...

- Is the GT3 going to be a total joke around town unless I install the axle lift for running wknd errands?

- And how quickly does the lift work? BC I'd be petrified of getting rear ended around here if I have to crab over every curb pulling off a busy two lane (no turn lanes)

Lots of ?'s I know, but lots of $ going into this purchase.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
for starters the 10 has free warranty till 2014, 07 is expired.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Before buying my RS, I drove the the 07 GT3 and can tell you that I felt the 07 lack of power as compared to the 10' RS. I noticed an improvement in drivability on the 10' compared to the 07. If you are driving the car everyday and want to track the car, I would seriously consider the 10' IMHO.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:45 AM
suspension diffs between '07 & '10 (for DD)

appreciate reply

- Is their a significant improvement in the 2010 ride quality over the '07 GT3 (non RS)?

Also, is the RS car so stiff it's no fun for 300 miles highway drives every week?

My earlier post outlines my needs ~ 85% DD - maybe 4-6 DEs at VIR/Kershaw/SP throughout the year.

Prices dropped significantly across the board on '10 GT3 (non RS) in the past week - I don't know anything for sure, but my guess is that dealers fear the new body style plus want to move '10's before another calendar year rolls through...

How many of you would get out of your <15k miles '10 GT3 for $86k?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:18 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Exactly

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Sounds good, 6 speed or PDK?

I will never paid 130K for a .2GT3 no matter what color or options. RS3.8 all day long with this money.
Doing the same. Ordering a RS in PTS 336 or Pure Blue frm the Speedster. Anyone know that paint code?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by imthedecidah

- Is the GT3 going to be a total joke around town unless I install the axle lift for running wknd errands?

- And how quickly does the lift work? BC I'd be petrified of getting rear ended around here if I have to crab over every curb pulling off a busy two lane (no turn lanes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UKM6kesbc&NR=1

Here is the one sharkwerks installed

hope this helps.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the videos!

I came across this quote regarding my dilemma re. GT3 v GT3RS:

Not for everyone. The 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS is a finely honed tool, best used for narrowly defined tasks usually involving a racetrack and driving like your pants are on fire. And to a very great extent, this removes it from the real world.

There's no escaping the fact that by any standards the normal Porsche 911 GT3 is an outstanding driving machine, yet it is sufficiently quiet and comfortable to be used every day, something only a true eccentric would consider in the harder, louder, rawer RS. Then there's the small matter of the $20,600 price gulf between them.

...after reading this, does anyone have a convincing argument to go w/RS even if you're basically a guy that will drive the car 10 months/5k miles/year on the streets, running errands and doing a 300 mile RT weekly commute?

So Herr Preuninger's stated aim to put clear air between the GT3 and its RS offshoot has met with success. The best way to look at them is to think of the GT3 as a devastating street car that's also extremely adept on the track, and think of the GT3 RS as a street-legal track car with all the good and bad that entails.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
I am getting pretty close and wanted to check back w/you all on the mexblue from MA - was it really asking $112?? That's seems absurdly low considering it's loaded except for no Nav (PCCB, nose lift, dem) + low miles ...and its a 2011.

I can understand the MA dealer wanting to loose the car as winter approached ...but at $112? - Really?

If so, that makes me sick.

Pretty much everything I'm looking at comes with a tradeoff between nose lift or nav, pccb or nav&nl or neither nav/nl...

Any insights would be much appreciated...

Old 01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by carfan
I have been searching for my next car (used GT3 or GT3 RS) for the last 6 months

Prices have started to drop and I would recommend not paying over $ 95K for a GT3 or $ 115K for a GT3 RS -- This applies to cars without stupid options, such as NAV, iluminated door sills, lots of carbon fiber inside, etc.

And with less than 5K miles

Remember: about 600 997.2 GT3's and 500 997.2 GT3 RS's were sold in USA; after some time they will start appearing on sale as used cars and plenty to choose from; just be patient !
Can you please show me a 2010 gt3 rs for 115,000 and less than 5,000 miles. I would like to see that. I have seen 125,000 to 129,000 for 6,000 to 7,000. And anything with less than 3,000 is over 130,000.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Uh can be done

Originally Posted by slimkev
Can you please show me a 2010 gt3 rs for 115,000 and less than 5,000 miles. I would like to see that. I have seen 125,000 to 129,000 for 6,000 to 7,000. And anything with less than 3,000 is over 130,000.

Ok the MExico blue car is stil there now lowered to $135K per site, but will take $130 in last discussion with me. For me thats stupid money, unless you cant live without Mex Blue, as you can get a 2011 1 owner low miles GT3RS for $129K or less, see this ad:

http://www.motorcarsofgeorgia.com/us...26c9d133a3.htm

perfect one owner car with as MSRP of $159K for $129K...way better deal than blue GT3 at $130K.

As for RS cars, if you are considering a Gen 1 RS, lots of 07s to be ad on cars.com from $95-102K in Orange, Silver at $99K, Black at $95K.

If Gen 2, i saw a hite/red go off i Dallas at RUF a couple months back listed at $121K and went for $119K, low options and low miles. So they are out there, just have to set up a search and be willing to ship. Somebody has one every month that wants out, has to get out or wants the newest on the block....just my .02

Old 01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Ps

appreciate reply

- Is their a significant improvement in the 2010 ride quality over the '07 GT3 (non RS)?

Also, is the RS car so stiff it's no fun for 300 miles highway drives every week?

My earlier post outlines my needs ~ 85% DD - maybe 4-6 DEs at VIR/Kershaw/SP throughout the year.

Prices dropped significantly across the board on '10 GT3 (non RS) in the past week - I don't know anything for sure, but my guess is that dealers fear the new body style plus want to move '10's before another calendar year rolls through...

A 2010 GT3 cannot be had in good condition yet for $86K IMO. I see 2008 and 2007 super low miles in that range.

As for Gen 1 vs Gen 2. Ride in Gen 2 is better if you like a smoother/quieter ride. Gen 1 is louder road noise and a little less compliant ride IMO. Either would never be an issue for me to go 300 miles per week daily driver. However, they are both super low, so consider if you have speed bumps, steep inclines/declines etc to deal with as you will need to put a lift on it or buy a new front lip ($259 each as your local P car dealer) every 2-6 months.

Hope that helps!

Old 01-11-2012, 04:47 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by slimkev

I have been searching for a while now an Im not seeing much with 5000miles in the 115K range to be honest

For me thats stupid money, unless you cant live without Mex Blue, as you can get a 2011 1 owner low miles GT3RS for $129K or less, see this ad:

http://www.motorcarsofgeorgia.com/used/Porsche/2011-Porsche-911-130f31560a0d048e008fee26c9d133a3.htm

perfect one owner car with as MSRP of $159K for $129K...way better deal than blue GT3 at $130K.

this is a decent buy, I would really be considering it myself if I wasnt up north an had to tack on the importations and travel/shipping and so on. If your in the states, I would advise moving on that car in the link and making a offer.

I wish these cars would drop in price so I could buy one

Last edited by lopro; 01-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Just let meknow if you do because I want one for this price.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
No, offer didn't workout for me.

Details: Red, ~16k miles, nothing special option-wise - original ask was $100k - seller took $93k

Other sales I know of: car source in IL dealer said blk sold at list ~$106 - nicely optioned, low miles. p-monterey meteor grey sold $103 - nicest on market IMO - only problem was drilled through on front bumper... sucks if your don't run a front plate...

...still looking

-- sounds like the new 911 is worth a test drive before running out to buying a GT3 in middle of winter. The new pcar arrives here first week in Feb.

would like someone who knows to answer the guy who questioned DEM value (I've read the transitional weight stuff online)

Also - any feedback on who to buy aftermarket decals from - or better OEM? ...I saw a mexblue w/blk rs decals on Monday that looked unreal!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue 997 GT3