Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mexico Blue 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
2010 GT3 wholesaling under 100 for 6+ months now. PTP will happen upper 90's to low 100's. Many dealers with consigned cars are unrealistic and trying to hold onto 115 or better, which is plain silly. Those cars will sit and things will only get worse as 991 series begins to advance. I will buy one if I can find the right car at the right priice. I'm convinced all it will take is patience.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Decals for Porsche

For decals try http://www.kistudios.com/

Got my windshield header and good product.

Originally Posted by imthedecidah
No, offer didn't workout for me.

Details: Red, ~16k miles, nothing special option-wise - original ask was $100k - seller took $93k

Other sales I know of: car source in IL dealer said blk sold at list ~$106 - nicely optioned, low miles. p-monterey meteor grey sold $103 - nicest on market IMO - only problem was drilled through on front bumper... sucks if your don't run a front plate...

...still looking

-- sounds like the new 911 is worth a test drive before running out to buying a GT3 in middle of winter. The new pcar arrives here first week in Feb.

For Porsche decals in all factory graphics see

http://www.kistudios.com/

I got my headliner on windshield this week. Good product good install.

would like someone who knows to answer the guy who questioned DEM value (I've read the transitional weight stuff online)

Also - any feedback on who to buy aftermarket decals from - or better OEM? ...I saw a mexblue w/blk rs decals on Monday that looked unreal!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 PM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
PTP? - I only know pre tax profit

Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 AM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by imthedecidah
PTP? - I only know pre tax profit
He meant PTS

Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 AM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
TLA's

...for those of us that need a little help w/Pcar-related TLA's

http://www.total911.com/news/porsche...from-your-asr/

Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
thanks for posting that link to acronyms, very useful list of abbreviations
plus 1

Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
racingutoo is infamous around these parts
2011 GT3 Creme White (New)

I'm new to the site. Been dragging my feet on this car for months now. Was looking into used 10' GT3...but they still seem pricey.

I've been looking at a brand new 11 GT3 Creme White, no ceramics,navi, etc. The sticker is 128,345. He is down to 123,345...and has said that's it. thoughts as it pertains to this car?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Good priceblikely

Originally Posted by racingutoo
I'm new to the site. Been dragging my feet on this car for months now. Was looking into used 10' GT3...but they still seem pricey.

I've been looking at a brand new 11 GT3 Creme White, no ceramics,navi, etc. The sticker is 128,345. He is down to 123,345...and has said that's it. thoughts as it pertains to this car?
Don't ow the options so hard to say, but that a good discount on a cool and unusual color for a gt3 car IMO. Gonna be a while for another new one. ifu want to buy new, Iwouldn't wait. There is a 2011 white with low miles 3k for 115 ask, but they'd take a little less, well optioned and squeaky clean. Ask for Carlos and drop my name Howard if u want. Great guy and great dealership.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
buy it, I bet you will never see another in cream white colour.

The dealers are holding on bigtime, they will give a bit but not by much.

Last edited by lopro; 01-13-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about

Yup.. CA dealers right now are smoking good stuff these days... not willing to move on pricing and they al laugh at me saying they are extremely limited and someone will pay

My search continues for 2010 just like you.... unless I lose my patience and just pay extra 10-15k and feeling like crap when i am signing that paper but maybe the engine sound will bring smile when I drive off the dealer lot...

Old 01-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Red Devil
2010 GT3 wholesaling under 100 for 6+ months now. PTP will happen upper 90's to low 100's. Many dealers with consigned cars are unrealistic and trying to hold onto 115 or better, which is plain silly. Those cars will sit and things will only get worse as 991 series begins to advance. I will buy one if I can find the right car at the right priice. I'm convinced all it will take is patience.

ive ran into numerous dealers that have been rude to me about the price also. All I was asking was for a decent deal and Id buy the car with cash. They were rude and snub'd me right off.

They say someone wants it,someone will pay that price...meanwhile I have been watching the same car sitting on their lot for 3 months. all the while I see other dealers selling the same car with better options for nearly 20k less, with around the same kms and to top it off it has warranty. Very mixed prices right now, I think some dealers just have way to firm a grip on these 2010's

If its a pts or special colour or something then I can kinda see asking abit more for it but I mean asking MSRP for used 2010 ??? i see guys asking 125k all the way to high 90k

I just dont think its worth that much still, maybe im wrong tho

Last edited by lopro; 01-14-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
thanks for the replies! The cream white does look good on the car. I thought because I was approved for the full asking price- I could get a little more off the car- but I'm wrong- they won't move. To make matter worse- this dealer has an 07 gtrs (orange) with 4k miles- ceramics- all the good stuff. but it's had 2 owners in 2 different states and the dealer has it on consignment for 109k. So it really does not make sense- add to the fact that it's not certified- if it even could be.....

Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
thanks for the replies! The cream white does look good on the car. I thought because I was approved for the full asking price- I could get a little more off the car- but I'm wrong- they won't move. To make matter worse- this dealer has an 07 gtrs (orange) with 4k miles- ceramics- all the good stuff. but it's had 2 owners in 2 different states and the dealer has it on consignment for 109k. So it really does not make sense- add to the fact that it's not certified- if it even could be.....
So frustrating right now. I mean the new body is coming out so maybe the dealers are trying to squeeze what they can. I believe early 2014 is when they new GT3 may available? SO they have a good 12 month to play games with us right now.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:24 PM
You might want to check out Pacific Porsche in Torrance. They have the Cream white car (it's been on the floor) forever. They have a black 11' GT3 with 5k miles and I think they are asking about 115K. They also have that orange RS - it's an 07...I like that car...but 109k doesn't make sense for my situation.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
Hopefully, the prices will hold up when you want to sell it down the road. Unlike the 911 turbos that are dropping like crazy, the gt3's and the rs's are holding the value pretty well.

Last edited by slimkev; 01-14-2012 at 01:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue 997 GT3