Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mexico Blue 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
Holding value very very well. I wish my house i bought at the peak did that. Lol.

I will check the one in Torrance. I always find something about the car i see that makes me not get it at the last minute. If it is not options and colors then it's the history wth the car. I saw one that the seller got it as CPO then selling it 1month after. Hmm

Old 01-14-2012, 02:47 PM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
Looks to me like this thread has become populated by frustrated buyers...

I look at this current situation as "safe storage" as in, dealers are providing climate controlled winter storage for all these consignment cars. Will that floor space become more valuable as the new models begin rolling in? My guess is yes. So let 'em store 'em - they'll be there when the roads warm up and us first time gt3 owners can more safely assess the cars capabilities on warm asphalt.

Here a run down on a consignment '10 w/~17k miles and no options to speak of (fire extinquisher). Dealer asking $100k in early Dec. "Don't think the owner would take less than $97k." The week before Christmas a negotiation had been reached at $93k ...but the deal fell through bc, "...the guys wife would have killed him if he'd ended up bringing it home." I made a sub $90k offer and it was rejected. Supposedly the car sold for $94k in the last week of Dec.

So, did I miss a good deal or not?

IMO, no, bc it wasn't exactly what I wanted, and why overpay for second or third best.

My bet is that there are plenty of current owners with $$$$ to burn and if the 991 is as good as it sounds there will be some transitioning. I think a lot of people "think" they want a GT3 for a dd ...sort of like I thought I wanted an RS for a daily driver.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:41 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
indeed let them store them. They want top dollar. If it's still there Ill just go ask them in another month for the same offer, If I bought it now it would sit in my garage till march anyways.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Exactly!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Something to consider...

I think hunting cars also comes down to clearly defining what you're after, your desired pay-off and maintaining discipline with your budget.

If you're true to your budget and firm on your deal parameters then you can cut out the static. (i.e., If you're not ripping the twist-ies in you dd nor doing many DE's then why worry about DEM? - Or don't waste time looking at cars w/o Nav if you want Nav.) I've never seen an option make that much difference in re-sale - sure PCCB is probably an exception, but there are plenty of reasons listed in past posts that refute the premium attached to PCCB ...so use the powerful knowledge here to your advantage (and make sure you look up the cost of replacing carbon disks and the special handling required before telling me I don't know what I'm talking about)

I've got plenty of power in the garage - a 450hp "Beast" and a 996 c4 - both put a huge smile on my face, but the GT3 just blew my mind ...however, could I tell the difference between the '07 and '10 car?

Yeah, in the ride quality ONLY.

...there are tons of '07's on the market in much, much more interesting color combinations to be had sub $100k

Stick to you discipline and enjoy the hunt!

...As the Boss always says, "Honey, what are you going to do with all your time once you get the damn thing?"

Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 PM
SCAM ALERT!

There is a guy trying to sell a 2011 blk/blk gt3 for $83k on Cars.com - I just ran the VIN and checked w/Pcar Torrance CA and they have it for sale...

I like the ex wife splitting the assets-bit ...had it not been for the translation tense errors in his posts I might have had a little empathy!

see string below:

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Sky Liner <skyliner_55@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have attached you pictures and the CarFax report(will answer all your other questions)

CarFax: http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...3D&language=en

The deal can be closed only under following terms:
I will only conclude the transaction through MSN's purchase protection plan for our own protection. I will set up the transaction with MSN informing them that you are the buyer. Then they will send you a notification with all the details regarding shipping and payment. So if you agree I need your full name full shipping address and your cell# so I can start the transaction .The car will be delivered to your address in no more than 7 working days. You will be given a 7 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home. If you decide to hold the car, then you will have to authorize MSN!Money to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the car, you will be able to send the car back through the same shipping company, and ask MSN to return the funds to you. Though I am sure you will love the car and will not want to return it, it is good to know that you do have this second option available. If you wish to proceed with the purchase, please provide me your full name full shipping address and cell/home# so I can initiate the deal through MSN right away. Shipping is already paid. I had another buyer last week, he was pre-approved for a loan, but his loan was rejected in the last moment, after I've made the arrangements to ship the car. The trucking company would not refund me but can ship the car to anywhere within continental US, so I've left it at their warehouse and it's ready to ship at anytime.So you are not doing me any favor.I've already told you that I am a pilot and I have a pretty busy schedule (this is also the main reason for my divorce)
I am very sorry but I receive 10 mails per day from different people who want to come at my home,I don't have time to stay all day near the car,don't get me wrong I like doing business the old fashion way but my job don't allow's me....
I've chosen MSN to sell it because I don't have time to take care of the sell.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Sky Liner <skyliner_55@yahoo.com> wrote:

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $83,000.00 It is located in Indianapolis,IN. The car is registered on my name and the title is clean (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car or you want extra photos or more info just let me know!

I'm a pilot on cargo flights. My wife broke up with me recently because I'm always away from home. We just sold our house and split the money. This is the last thing I need to sell and split the money with her.
Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. But I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees.
I want the payment to be handled by MSN!Money. They will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 7 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.

Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward I will need your full name, address and phone number.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!
Looking forward....

Ken Robitaille

PS.
The ad showes that the car is located in Berlin/CT because the listing on cars.com was made before selling the house and I was still living there.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Banned
This things smells like rotten fish to me. If i were scamming people, i wouldnt price it that cheap.. hahahah

Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by imthedecidah

...As the Boss always says, "Honey, what are you going to do with all your time once you get the damn thing?"

My boss would tell me "You dont need such a impractical thing.. you are like a little kid wanting toys that you dont need"

Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
these scammers will do anything to make a buck, anything but work for it.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:26 PM
racingutoo is infamous around these parts
I don't know....that Cream White looks good on that car!!!! @122k- used is only a few dollars lower in price currently- and the finance rate would be higher...sooo..I don't know

Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 AM
speaking of The Boss...

she made the mistake of buying an Apple TV - What a Research Tool!

I now know what a compulsive **** watcher must experience, I spent hours searching Vemio & YouTube for run offs between '07 & '10's, the new 991 versus all, etc. etc. etc.

The new Carrera S bested the '10gt3 at the Ring by 7 seconds ...still feel the need to pay up for a '10? ...or more excited about pcar dealer days in Feb?

...also, I cannot understand why they always run the GT3 against an M3? The sheer nu,mbar of times this had been done online made me go drive one - Nice Car, great car ...but in the same class as a GT3? - Not Even Close!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by imthedecidah

...also, I cannot understand why they always run the GT3 against an M3? The sheer nu,mbar of times this had been done online made me go drive one - Nice Car, great car ...but in the same class as a GT3? - Not Even Close!

I used to drive the bmw's before I got into this porsche affair
I would have to agree, One drive in a porsche and I would never go back
ive been sold on this gt3 and rs business from the first time i sat in the seat

Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
In keeping with test driving the competition, just for fun I drove a GTR today (wet and rainy) - It was fun, but as I said to my buddy afterwards (while he was driving a rental car between SF & Sac) - "It's pretty much like the inside of whatever you're driving right now, just wholly capable of 180+ and will drive itself if you "Hold Down the RT and Press A to Continue" - Great fun for half the dough and zero "bespoke-ness"

Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by lopro
I used to drive the bmw's before I got into this porsche affair
I would have to agree, One drive in a porsche and I would never go back
ive been sold on this gt3 and rs business from the first time i sat in the seat
Yes... I made the mistake and I am afraid my search began from that moment I turned that engine on with my left hand.... Nothing against the M cars of BMW. They are great cars and "alot" of car to handle on the track or the road. I come from BMW world too...

Old 01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Recent Sale 1.23.12 Update

Recent Sale Update

Nicest '10 Gt3 I've come across in almost 4 months of looking (Grey, <3k miles, fully loaded: pccb,nav,noselift,dem,sound,etc.) SOLD $117k

I personally think this was the nicest one owner car on the market since early Dec. 2011.

Asking $122 originally in Dec. '11, down to $119 in Jan '12 and sold this week for $117

I could have had this one, but hesitated for the 991 test drive in Feb ...and lost!

I sure hope I'm right and the 991S at ~$140k (well optioned at a low finance rate) makes better sense to me than $117 cash for a '10-'11 GT3...

Guess we'll wait and see.

Would be helpful if anyone else has some recent sales info to share

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue 997 GT3