Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mexico Blue 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:31 PM
cay-man-ess23 is infamous around these parts
That is an absolute ridiculous price! Shouldn't pay a dime over $105k for the car.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
in my opinion I would keep looking for a nice 997, I wouldnt even be bothered with the 991 untill it says gt3 on the back.

There are a bunch of good deals to be had in the gt3997 market and I think in this next month or two you will start to see somemore pop up. This thread had some good advice in it, I just re read the whole thing the other night. Stay true and keep looking.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
After reading this thread, it sounds like a large portion of the posters are trying to talk down the market or are frustrated the market isn't at their budget. WTF does it matter what this dealer asks for the car? It's their car. That business. It's their problem. Pissing and moaning about their business decision is silly.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 01-24-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
my opinion is that 125k for a gt3 is too much. dealers asking this kinda money are nuts.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by imthedecidah
I think hunting cars also comes down to clearly defining what you're after, your desired pay-off and maintaining discipline with your budget.

If you're true to your budget and firm on your deal parameters then you can cut out the static. (i.e., If you're not ripping the twist-ies in you dd nor doing many DE's then why worry about DEM? - Or don't waste time looking at cars w/o Nav if you want Nav.) I've never seen an option make that much difference in re-sale - sure PCCB is probably an exception, but there are plenty of reasons listed in past posts that refute the premium attached to PCCB ...so use the powerful knowledge here to your advantage (and make sure you look up the cost of replacing carbon disks and the special handling required before telling me I don't know what I'm talking about)

I've got plenty of power in the garage - a 450hp "Beast" and a 996 c4 - both put a huge smile on my face, but the GT3 just blew my mind ...however, could I tell the difference between the '07 and '10 car?

Yeah, in the ride quality ONLY.

...there are tons of '07's on the market in much, much more interesting color combinations to be had sub $100k

Stick to you discipline and enjoy the hunt!

...As the Boss always says, "Honey, what are you going to do with all your time once you get the damn thing?"
The .2 gt3 engine is much better than the .1. The added torque alone is worth it and the top end rush more fierce. The first thing anyone notices after driving both is how much more torquey the new engine is. DEMs are an item I would consider a must have whether tracking or not. .2s are much more planted when cornering hard as well as more compliant when trolling. Brakes are lighter, bigger and better, sculpted cut-outs rather than inserts, the list goes on. RMS has been corrected as well. Even the exhaust note is better.

With that said, my .2 white Full Leather, SPP, DEM, Crests, BT, etc.. is for sale. Cherry car with 5500 miles, clear bra ($2800) in the right places and done right. Extremely well cared for, with proper warm up AND cool down. Proper break-in, oil changes, etc.. and no track. < $110k.

Last edited by 911dev; 01-24-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
speaking of The Boss...

she made the mistake of buying an Apple TV - What a Research Tool!

I now know what a compulsive **** watcher must experience, I spent hours searching Vemio & YouTube for run offs between '07 & '10's, the new 991 versus all, etc. etc. etc.

The new Carrera S bested the '10gt3 at the Ring by 7 seconds ...still feel the need to pay up for a '10? ...or more excited about pcar dealer days in Feb?

...also, I cannot understand why they always run the GT3 against an M3? The sheer nu,mbar of times this had been done online made me go drive one - Nice Car, great car ...but in the same class as a GT3? - Not Even Close!
Where do you get your numbers from?? The PDK, SC w/LC, PDCC and PCCB Carrera S only matched the 10/11 gt3 ~ not "bested" it~ at the Ring and that was one lap. Try three or four laps and let's see how those 991 S rotors (the iron ones) hold up relative to the 15" gt3 rotors. Even with PDK, PCCBs and SC/LC the S was still .04 slower to 100 than a manual 10 gt3. With all those acronyms and that kind of MSRP, I might have expected better.

I really dig the 991 and love the technology but get real with the numbers. Remove LC alone and the S will fall further behind in any speed run. On top of all this the aforementioned 991S had a MSRP of >$130k as opposed to $120k for a similarly equipped .2 gt3.

The spread between a .1 and .2 3 should be $20k for a similarly optioned car. Even then I'd pick the .2 as it is that much better. You can argue that I own one and that's fine but facts are facts. The .2 3 had more refinements over the .1 than some complete model changes.

Last edited by 911dev; 01-24-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Looks to me like this thread has become populated by frustrated buyers...

I look at this current situation as "safe storage" as in, dealers are providing climate controlled winter storage for all these consignment cars. Will that floor space become more valuable as the new models begin rolling in? My guess is yes. So let 'em store 'em - they'll be there when the roads warm up and us first time gt3 owners can more safely assess the cars capabilities on warm asphalt.

Here a run down on a consignment '10 w/~17k miles and no options to speak of (fire extinquisher). Dealer asking $100k in early Dec. "Don't think the owner would take less than $97k." The week before Christmas a negotiation had been reached at $93k ...but the deal fell through bc, "...the guys wife would have killed him if he'd ended up bringing it home." I made a sub $90k offer and it was rejected. Supposedly the car sold for $94k in the last week of Dec.

So, did I miss a good deal or not?

IMO, no, bc it wasn't exactly what I wanted, and why overpay for second or third best.

My bet is that there are plenty of current owners with $$$$ to burn and if the 991 is as good as it sounds there will be some transitioning. I think a lot of people "think" they want a GT3 for a dd ...sort of like I thought I wanted an RS for a daily driver.
A stripper, non DEM, 17k mile gt3 went in the mid $90ks in mid Dec. (Xmas!), what does that prove? Any smart buyer wants DEM for the residual if nothing else. Non DEM cars bring less money and have fewer prospects. 17k on .2s is well above the norm. I kind of doubt it was a cream puff either, but who knows.

Damn, if this car sold for $94k Xmas week, I better raise my price.

And, if you think prices will get better with spring coming, you probably wrong. Most gt guys may admire the 991, but they aren't stroking checks for one. Once you go GT you don't go back. There is always an exception of course. With the 991 GT3 2 years out, there's still time before we see another price drop. If I never sold my car, I'd be as happy, as it is the best car I have ever owned; and I've owned a few.

Last edited by 911dev; 01-24-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:34 PM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
"POP" goes the dealer

WOW!!! - now this thread is getting interesting...

"After reading this thread, it sounds like a large portion of the posters are trying to talk down the market or are frustrated the market isn't at their budget. WTF does it matter what this dealers asks for the car? It's their car. That business. It's their problem. Pissing and moaning about their business decisions is silly."

- Sounds more like you're pissing and moaning about your own business decisions to be sitting on more than half a mil of somewhat ordinary cars and worried about selling someday ...but, hey, that's just my opinion.

This thread is pretty clearly a thread trying to help buyers buy a GT3 right - sorry if you're not buying - I guess you'll have to make the mkt work for you like I'm hoping to make it work for me. personally, I'd like to be well educated and armed with the best due diligence & recent sales #'s that I can possibly get access to when making this purchase.

<Am I crazy, or is that's what we're sharing here???>

There are plenty of buyers that just BUY, buy, buy (from the looks of your garage you're that guy - and more power to bro) - I'm just looking to mutually share some info. and utilize social media to get a better deal than you must be. There is loads of $ that has no idea what's going one here (on 6SO) - so, "don't be a hater bro" - bonuses are just around the corner and there will be plenty of uneducated buying going on.

Update - the $94k, '10 w/16k miles did have DEM - it was in very good shape cosmetically and ran clean on a cold day... that's all I can tell you - Once more, I was just sharing a sale - not trying to dump the market.

As for numbers and 991 comparisons - my point is, and has been - I (as in ME) think the market will move w/the intro of the 991. I'll be here next month and the month after ...so we'll have plenty of time to see what happens.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
LOL. So sayeth Mr. 20 post from Boston. Just showed up to the Forum and learning how it works. Welcome.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:49 PM
This sale must have fallen thru - I spoke with dealer 2 weeks ago and this car had been purchased/maybe "under contract (as noted in earlier post) - However, I did ask about the holes in the front fender and he said new owner had sent it out to the body shop bc previous owner hadn't used tow mounted plate holder - nice car - comparing it to the $117 recent sale - the $117 was same color, had PCCB, and 1/3 of the mileage...

Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
LOL. So sayeth Mr. 20 post from Boston. Just showed up to the Forum and learning how it works. Welcome.
Thanks, its nice to be here - it'll be nicer to "really be here" (as an owner one day). Cheers! #22

Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
This sale must have fallen thru - I spoke with dealer 2 weeks ago and this car had been purchased/maybe "under contract (as noted in earlier post) - However, I did ask about the holes in the front fender and he said new owner had sent it out to the body shop bc previous owner hadn't used tow mounted plate holder - nice car - comparing it to the $117 recent sale - the $117 was same color, had PCCB, and 1/3 of the mileage...
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/2813827273.html

Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks, its nice to be here - it'll be nicer to "really be here" (as an owner one day). Cheers! #22

So you aren't an owner, and I have "somewhat ordinary" cars. I can't stop laughing. I'm not too worried about what I'm selling those "ordinary" cars for either.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 01-25-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:54 AM
WOW!!! - now this thread is getting interesting...

"After reading this thread, it sounds like a large portion of the posters are trying to talk down the market or are frustrated the market isn't at their budget. WTF does it matter what this dealers asks for the car? It's their car. That business. It's their problem. Pissing and moaning about their business decisions is silly."

- Sounds more like you're pissing and moaning about your own business decisions to be sitting on more than half a mil of somewhat ordinary cars and worried about selling someday ...but, hey, that's just my opinion.

This thread is pretty clearly a thread trying to help buyers buy a GT3 right - sorry if you're not buying - I guess you'll have to make the mkt work for you like I'm hoping to make it work for me. personally, I'd like to be well educated and armed with the best due diligence & recent sales #'s that I can possibly get access to when making this purchase.

<Am I crazy, or is that's what we're sharing here???>

There are plenty of buyers that just BUY, buy, buy (from the looks of your garage you're that guy - and more power to bro) - I'm just looking to mutually share some info. and utilize social media to get a better deal than you must be. There is loads of $ that has no idea what's going one here (on 6SO) - so, "don't be a hater bro" - bonuses are just around the corner and there will be plenty of uneducated buying going on.

Update - the $94k, '10 w/16k miles did have DEM - it was in very good shape cosmetically and ran clean on a cold day... that's all I can tell you - Once more, I was just sharing a sale - not trying to dump the market.

As for numbers and 991 comparisons - my point is, and has been - I (as in ME) think the market will move w/the intro of the 991. I'll be here next month and the month after ...so we'll have plenty of time to see what happens.
All for the "help" as you say, to the gt3 buyers. So, glad you are taking the time. 23 posts and counting. Those reps points should be adding up fast.

As far as educating anyone, maybe you should consider offering facts rather than fiction as to real performance numbers and improvements from car to car.

Frankly, the market is what it is. If my sells for close to what I want, cool, if not I may trade for a 991 gt3/Rs or simply keep. It's all good , "bro".

Last edited by 911dev; 01-25-2012 at 04:59 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue 997 GT3