Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mexico Blue 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
In the past several months, I've passed on a few cars of note:
Brand new 2011 nice options MSRP 146.5 for 128
Used 2010 great options MSRP 150 10K miles @ 112.5
Used 2010 good/great options MSRP 137 10K miles @ 98

I possibly made a mistake on the new one, but still think I made the right decision. My experience in this market is that there are 2 camps: the urealistic dealers/owners and the ones looking to sell (realistic). I can't tell you how many other decent deals there are, and I'm sure there's quite a few, because the car I'm after needs to have specific things. With the 991 emerging, it will drive down the 997 market regardless if it's a GT3 or not. Once the new GT3 starts showing up the 997 will drop some more. I think the realistic sellers are OK b/c these are GT3's after all, and the other sellers will either become realistic, or watch moss grow on their cars. Great as it is, it's 15 minutes are up. A GT3 already has a limited buyers base which does not grow based on consumer awareness, as it becomes a used car. Its buyers base grows based on the price as it falls to levels now attainable by those who desired it initially, but couldn't afford it. That market is even smaller than the original new car market for this car when it had it's 15 minutes. Simple supply and demand. My advisor in all this has been the owner of the local dealership, and even though he'd like to sell me a new car, he knows that I know what I want/like and will bring my car to him for warranty/service no matter what. He has been frank on price for specific cars and what I should pay/what these are worth. I only wish I had decided to sell my DB9 in the spring b/c he had several GT3s in spring/summer that he wholesaled @ auction in the 90's. Good luck to all the buyers & sellers...

Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 AM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
Thank you! - this is helpful

Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
this is a good deal by the looks of it.

http://www.motorcarsofgeorgia.com/us...fa5cb45bbc.htm

Old 02-13-2015, 09:39 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
hmmmmm

Feel the same way now?

Originally Posted by cay-man-ess23
That is an absolute ridiculous price! Shouldn't pay a dime over $105k for the car.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:37 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Why are you bumping a 3 year old thread....

Old 02-15-2015, 08:08 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Read the thread

If you read the thread and saw the comment I was replying to from many years later it may make more sense. See my comment and then look at the comment I was replying too. Then look at todays price market for such a car. Just a reference in how this cars have gone up is all. Was searching "Mexico blue" color threads and can't across this. Let me know if that helps your quest up understand how date an old thread come back up?

Originally Posted by RossL
Why are you bumping a 3 year old thread....

Last edited by mickfluff; 02-17-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:50 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
It's a 3 year old thread..... You clearly have way too much free time if you are looking for old threads to bump over GT3 pricing.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Really?

I have to much time? My note suggests to the once value of these cars then (3 years back) compared to now since they have gone up is all. Your spending time as magruff the forum crime fighting officer policing who has a right to post on what? What a joke. Your posts have zero value. Mine again pointing to values of a car once 3yrs back and where they stand today. Don't care the don't ****ing reply.

Originally Posted by RossL
It's a 3 year old thread..... You clearly have way too much free time if you are looking for old threads to bump over GT3 pricing.

Last edited by mickfluff; 02-17-2015 at 10:13 AM.