Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mexico Blue 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Mexico Blue 997 GT3

Ok, the Mex Blue Gen 2 997 GT3 that was recently for sale in VA is now at Porsche of San Antonio.

I stopped by last Friday to check it out and its mint, low miles, no dings and really stunning. Dealer wanted $130K, despite the advertised $144. Still high IMO, but it is one of only two 336 Mex Blue PTS. Pretty high options, yellow belts, PCCB, etc.

NIce guy name Lee Tran trying to sell it can be reached on his mobile at 415 425 9100 or the dealer at 210 764 6945.

For me, waiting on the 991 RS in a PTS 336.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-06-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
The car was in western Massachuttes, above centrat CT. i called to go see car and was told it sold. They must have sold wholesale to Texas dealer . The e bay photos are the same as in Mass. dealer.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
The dealer here has been aggressive at finding high-end cars to resell. They had another MX blue GT3 they got from a dealer in NY several months ago, the sales manager told me they didn't know what they had.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
For me, waiting on the 991 RS in a PTS 336.
Sounds good, 6 speed or PDK?

I will never paid 130K for a .2GT3 no matter what color or options. RS3.8 all day long with this money.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
KYROCKS is infamous around these parts
They also have 2 2010 Guards Red GT3's and are asking $119K for each! Who are they fooling? I feel bad for the sucker who buys them at those prices. Plus, it makes those who trade this car in for 90-100K feel like sh*t when the dealer turns around and sells them for that. I'm sure they won't get asking price... Targa Tim is right, that's RS money.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 AM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
Good price?

Is there a good source of recent GT3 sales to look at? There are several '10 for sale and I have no idea where to begin negotiating...

- What do you all think is the best price recently paid for a '10 gt3 w/~10k miles and PCCB? Everything I've come up w/ is asking north of $100k.

Is it worth looking at a 3.6 for something in the $90's? - I've only driven the 3.8.

I love the mex blue in SA, but would easily settle for signal green, then orange ...then the usual suspects - I'm of the mind that its an adult Hot Wheels car and should not be taken seriously in silver, white or red livery - although those are fine choices ...and I'd be over the moon to own any one of them...

I also saw an orange gt2 pop up at a Toyota dealer in FL but I think way out of my budget - asking something like $175k ...but is that a deal?

currently driving: 996 c4cab and RS6 - both silver!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
drl
drl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like these cars are priced high, but the special colors will always fetch a higher price.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM
imthedecidah is infamous around these parts
Priced High

Yes, I agree special colors = higher prices, but looking at boards, AutoTrader, CarGurus, and ebay '10 GT3's are all listing $100+

If you have another pricing source pls share

Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
Too much money. There are several rs's on auto trader for less. I may be bias but I love my rs. Pccb not worth the premium. trust me if u plan on tracking the car you will have a 13k rotor job faster than u think.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:34 AM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
I have been searching for my next car (used GT3 or GT3 RS) for the last 6 months

Prices have started to drop and I would recommend not paying over $ 95K for a GT3 or $ 115K for a GT3 RS -- This applies to cars without stupid options, such as NAV, iluminated door sills, lots of carbon fiber inside, etc.

And with less than 5K miles

Remember: about 600 997.2 GT3's and 500 997.2 GT3 RS's were sold in USA; after some time they will start appearing on sale as used cars and plenty to choose from; just be patient !

Old 12-10-2011, 07:13 PM
scuderiavw is infamous around these parts
stay as far as you can!

Old 12-10-2011, 07:37 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drl
Sounds like these cars are priced high, but the special colors will always fetch a higher price.
I agree its a bit pricy but Mex blue is soo nice. One of the best colours IMO

The .2 is outstanding but I just feel some are too pricy to be realistic. Thats dealers trying to get what they can

Old 12-10-2011, 11:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Fans of funky blue GT3s _and GT3RS' keep an eye out for the next issue of Total 911. That's all I'm sayin'. Sworn to secrecy!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:46 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
My subscription should be starting on this issue your refuring to. I cant wait to see it. I have been waiting for this to begin for what feels like forever. i guess this will be worth the wait if it is what I think your hinting at.

+1 for sharky

Old 12-12-2011, 07:53 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Someones been bad again..

Originally Posted by sharkster
Fans of funky blue GT3s _and GT3RS' keep an eye out for the next issue of Total 911. That's all I'm sayin'. Sworn to secrecy!
Alex, cant wait to see the byproduct of your mischief. What month/issue number of Total 911 will it be?

Howard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue 997 GT3