Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Looking to make the jump from a Boxster Spyder...school me on GT3 and GT3RS .1 and .2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alan C.
It's looking like the GT3.
Great move Alan, they are awesome cars.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:15 PM
jshnyc is infamous around these partsjshnyc is infamous around these parts
If you are going to be daily driving the car or doing a lot of street driving vs track, put a set of Michelin super sports on the car. Much more friendly on the streets than the stock cup tires but still gives you tons of grip. I did this a few months back and it makes all the difference in the world.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:39 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alan C.
It's looking like the GT3.
Alan- great decision. You are going to love the car. I have been looking for a car for some time that could put a huge grin on my face, and finally I found it in the GT3. I wish you luck finding your GT3.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:46 PM
LFC911Kop2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
That will be a big jump, but I'm sure a rewarding one. If you end up buying a .2 I believe one of the more desirable options to wait for is the front end lifting system, however they officially call it, so that you can clear driveways and speed bumps at low speeds. Best wishes and good luck to you.

Really good advice. A good friend of mine bought his RS without the front axle lifting system and has managed to not only scrape the front lip but had minor damage underneath. I optioned for the lift on mine and while it doesn't raise the front a great amount, it raises it enough to go in and out of driveways without scraping.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:02 PM
LFC911Kop2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NYNick
Am I crazy? I own a 2009 TT CAB and sure it's awesome, although, (may I say it?), could it be it isolates me a bit from the seat of the pants driving I think I want?

I've always been a bit of an over the top purist, lusting after Clubsports and the like, and I've owned C2's and C4's and even C4S'.

Is the GT3 overkill? Is the GT3RS overkill? I doubt I'll do a lot of track driving, but tend to like the firm, responsive driving I think the TT lacks. Maybe I need to mod it?

Sure, the uninitiated Porsche buyer wants the Turbo, and think the Turbo Cab is the zenith of the line. But I wonder...

Opinions?
The GT3 and RS are not overkill. They are a true drivers"s car. A completely different drive from the turbo. The RS can be driven daily. It becomes part of you and is an amazing exhilarating experience. The steering is direct and the ride firm but definitely not uncomfortable. The sound is astonishing and once you hear that flat six singing you won't want to ever part with it! I love my 2010 turbo but I'm addicted to my RS.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 AM
PBR ME is infamous around these partsPBR ME is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LFC911Kop2
The GT3 and RS are not overkill. They are a true drivers"s car. A completely different drive from the turbo. The RS can be driven daily. It becomes part of you and is an amazing exhilarating experience. The steering is direct and the ride firm but definitely not uncomfortable. The sound is astonishing and once you hear that flat six singing you won't want to ever part with it! I love my 2010 turbo but I'm addicted to my RS.
THIS!

AT first blush, a .2 RS may seem a bit too harsh to DD, but when pressed into doing so, I fell absolutely in love with driving it daily. So much so that when the snow started to fly, I bought a C4 GTS to Daily drive in the winter...its softer, and a tick slower, but I couldn't live without the 911 experience. All of that said, I already miss driving my RS, and can't wait for spring! Front lift is a must!
I had a BS before my RS too...if you could deal with the roof (noise/wind etc), and rain etc in the BS, you can certainly deal with DDing a RS!!

Congrats!!