Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Center Lock to Five Lug in Excellence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 01:01 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Personally, I would only have PMNA Cup CL's as mobonic mentioned, and only on a dedicated track car that saw zero street use.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Do you find that to be true from your experience too?
I've only done it once. No damage done obviously. It is just one big lug instead of 5. If position it corrrectly, I don't see how it will be easy to damage.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:16 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lopro
i didnt know this. I do know about the center cap its easly damaged. they are inexpensive tho. as many have mentioned the whole centerlock system is quite gimiky
Gimmicky is the key word here.

CL is one Porsche option that provides no advantage at all. CL serves no purpose but to look good and possibly improve dealer based tire sales numbers. CL is heavier, finicky, harder to use, aftermarket wheels cost more and in the end there is no performance advantage. I'm fine with options that serve no purpose but to look cool but I have a problem when it is at the sacrifice of any shred of practicality and performance.

Jason

Old 12-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
personally I think the Cl's look so much cooler than 5 lug.
Tru dat.