Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Santa did good this year... A new addition to the family @ GMG ... GT3RS 4.0 :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words guys..

Old 01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
wow, beauty!! Do they not come with a stock roll cage? seems odd that the RS does but not the RS 4.0...

Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
I think (may be wrong) that its an option

Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lopro
I think (may be wrong) that its an option
I'm pretty sure you're right about that and it's only a dealer installed option at that. I think in the US it's not allowed to come from the factory with a factory installed cage/bar due to DOT safety regulations. Sounds stupid I know, but cages/roll bars can be very dangerous in an accident if you're not wearing a helmet. I know in Europe however, on the GT3RS it was a factory installed no cost option. That may also be the same for Canada which is where SHARP is from which would make sense why he thought it would be added to the 4.0. Darned US regulations keeping us from getting the good stuff!!!

Edit, just realized you're from Canada too, so maybe you know if it was a no-cost option there in the big Maple Leaf in addition to it being one in Europe lol

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 01-06-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Cars. Bound for the USA are not avalible with roll bar or plexiglass rear window do to federal DOT regs. Any true USA car with a roll bar or roll cage is aftermarket.

-Troy

Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Beautiful! Love the 4's with white or dark wheels. Like good vs evil. Very sexy addition, congrats!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm pretty sure you're right about that and it's only a dealer installed option at that. I think in the US it's not allowed to come from the factory with a factory installed cage/bar due to DOT safety regulations. Sounds stupid I know, but cages/roll bars can be very dangerous in an accident if you're not wearing a helmet. I know in Europe however, on the GT3RS it was a factory installed no cost option. That may also be the same for Canada which is where SHARP is from which would make sense why he thought it would be added to the 4.0. Darned US regulations keeping us from getting the good stuff!!!

Edit, just realized you're from Canada too, so maybe you know if it was a no-cost option there in the big Maple Leaf in addition to it being one in Europe lol
now that glock guru mentions it I think we share the same laws as in the US with these fed. regulations. I dont think they are avalible in NA with these nice options. we have 5mph bumper, no plexi window, no roll bars, sunroof, orange coloured sidemarkers and less general clubsport package pieces. I may be wrong but I can ask someone.

Not that it really helps but the only 4.0 I see around is this one

vin # 785688 white.

http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2011GT3...anada/5688.htm

Additional
Equipment686 - XM Radio
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
672 - Extend Navigation Mod-PCM 3.0
665 - Porsche Communication Manageme
P23 - PCM 3.0 w/ Extended Navigation
268 - Rain sensor
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
P12 - Automatically dimming interior
XME - Rear Ctr Cons Painted Extr Clr
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Colour
619 - Bluetooth Interface for Mobile
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
585 - Cupholders
490 - Sound Package Plus
474 - Front Axle Lifting System
XXG - Clear Glass Tail Lights
870 - Universal Audio Interface

http://london.porschedealer.com/new/...73420/info.php

and because it the only one, or they are limited they will be asking large for it. I doubt they will budge much on price.

Last edited by lopro; 01-06-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Ya in short, nothing fun.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
That's why we made the GMG RSR roll bar- a very high quality roll bar that bolts in.

Shown installed in a GT3.