Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Champion Motorsport 997.1 GT3RS Full Build: Project "Airborne Ranger".

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
vdubjetta02 is infamous around these parts
very nice

Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Sound gorgeous! Keep up the good work and let us know the figures when fully broken in!

Any issues to get this far?

Cheers
Jay

Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ur20v
Sound gorgeous! Keep up the good work and let us know the figures when fully broken in!

Any issues to get this far?

Cheers
Jay
Thanks Jay. No "issues" really up to this point. There's just TONS of detailed machine work that you don't see which takes a lot of time and patience. The end result is worth it though.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Its all in the detail!

Cheers
Jay

Old 06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion

For the transmission parts, I would contact Matt at Guard Transmission. He's probably the most knowledgeable person out there when it comes to transmissions, LSD's, and gearing.
I guess I should check in more often. Thank you for the very kind words. I'm lucky, I learned from the best. I sometimes tell people that I am really just the Dread Pirate Roberts...

Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GTgears
I guess I should check in more often. Thank you for the very kind words. I'm lucky, I learned from the best. I sometimes tell people that I am really just the Dread Pirate Roberts...
You're welcome Matt. It's always a pleasure working with you.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Please tell the owner to remove that cheap CF film on the car. It's a cheap imitation for a beautiful car.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Personal choice and I'm glad some folk do things differently, it would be a sad and boring world otherwise!!

Cheers
Jay

Old 06-17-2012, 06:59 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Will this car ever see the track...ya know...to stretch it's legs and see what it will really do?.....I also agree with Sin...remove the cheap looking fake carbon sticker stuff. This is one killer GT3RS!

Last edited by mdrums; 06-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
So what's up with this engine build project?
Who is the owner of this project? Is it this ranger guy? Why hasn't he said anything in the thread?
Anyway I want to see this car performing and see what it will do.
Regarding the comments about the CF wrap, well to each their own.
I do know that a Porsche OEM CF hood is $7K and that's stupid money!

Peace ya'll

Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor
Hey gang...just a few quick updates today as we start to wrap up the GT3RS 4.2 project. On the chassis side, the custom 4 way adjustable front and 2 way rear Ohlins coilovers are being installed as we speak.

Also, per the customer's request, we had the centers of his Recaro Profi seats re-upholstered to color-match the car. Not a bad touch. We also had a custom Porsche crest sewn into the head-rest...another little custom touch. Stay tuned...

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 06-25-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:53 PM
ProfJNS is infamous around these parts
stunning work all around, just gorgeous.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
Just a quick Monday morning update for my friends at 6Speed. Dyno testing started on Friday afternoon with a few baseline runs. The car was running the pre-existing tune and exhaust setup, and we only ran it up to 7000rpm's.

But...(and here comes the tease)...it still put down an additional 102 lb/ft of tq over the baseline number from before we started the project. Now it's time for our team to get together with GIAC and start working some magic. Stay tuned for some more numbers later in the week.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
ProfJNS is infamous around these parts
Do the Ohlins eliminate PASM? I had some Koni adjustables once that were very nice for track work...5 way front and 3 way rear. Put them on the softest settings for the street and then could adjust as necessary depending on which track. Don't need a microprocessor making constant adjustments for me...especially in the middle of a long corner. Do you anticipate offering the 4.2 for the general population at some time?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ProfJNS
Do the Ohlins eliminate PASM? I had some Koni adjustables once that were very nice for track work...5 way front and 3 way rear. Put them on the softest settings for the street and then could adjust as necessary depending on which track. Don't need a microprocessor making constant adjustments for me...especially in the middle of a long corner. Do you anticipate offering the 4.2 for the general population at some time?
Yes, the Ohlins eliminate the PASM altogether. With this particular setup, we've done a 4 way adjustable front, and 2 way adjustable rear. So the fronts have both high speed and low speed compression and rebound. The rears have a single compression and rebound adjustment.

Sure, we'd love to do more 4.2's. But it will always be an upgrade that we do in house. We won't be selling the kit as parts. There's way too much custom machine work done that only we can do here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport 997.1 GT3RS Full Build: Project "Airborne Ranger".