Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Champion Motorsport 997.1 GT3RS Full Build: Project "Airborne Ranger".

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Champion Motorsport 997.1 GT3RS Full Build: Project "Airborne Ranger".

**Exciting Updates On Page 4**

And so it begins. We've decided to officially throw our hat in the ring and join the GT3 madness. With the recent introduction of our complete line of CMS suspension components (CMS Suspension Upgrades), our race history, and our recent success with several full 997 Turbo engine builds, we decided it was time to bring some heat to the GT3 game.

The car below should look familiar to most people on 6Speed (as if the code name didn't give it away lol ). The upgrades planned will touch on every aspect of the car....including suspension, interior, engine, and *maybe body. There will be several new parts that we're working on specifically for this car, so we're anticipating about 90 days for completion, but I'll keep you all posted and updated with photos and info as often as possible. For now, enjoy a few "before" pics, along with a few pics on the dyno getting our baseline numbers.

And here's the baseline numbers. I'm not sure how these compare to other GT3RS's out there, but this particular car does already have quite a host of upgrades. The dyno in this case is really just to give us a delta, or a number to compare with so that we can measure the improvement once the project is complete. Out of several runs, results were REALLY consistent, about 396hp at the wheels. Two dyno sheets are attached, one measured in STD, and once measured in SAE. Not much of a difference...some people are used to seeing one or the other.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 05-09-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
aussie jimmy is infamous around these partsaussie jimmy is infamous around these parts
any vids? want to hear that exhaust!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
any vids? want to hear that exhaust!
It's uploading now...but very s l o w l y ... I'll post it tomorrow.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Subscribed! Next week seems like a good time to go spy around Champion Motorsport werks..

Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Projects with names. That's a great idea. Good luck with your RS Ranger just the same.

Go Tigers!!!!

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 01-09-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
oh dear...

Old 01-09-2012, 07:34 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
Very nice

Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
i'm looking forward to another orange gt3rs build. i love this forum!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by casper
i'm looking forward to another orange gt3rs build. i love this forum!
I'm looking to a finished orange GT3 build on this forum. I love this forum too.

-Troy

Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
I'm looking to a finished orange GT3 build on this forum. I love this forum too.

-Troy
Don't worry, this one will finish...and I'll throw in a few surprises along the way, just for fun.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Don't worry, this one will finish...and I'll throw in a few surprises along the way, just for fun.
Thank you and good luck. I would hate to start 4 or 5 new project cars right now with this economy.

-Troy

Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Subscribed. Wish I lived 3,500 miles closer!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Looks amazing already...

I have this car, please keep me posted on progress. If you dont mind, where did you get the black and orange windshield header? Love to get one.

Like the orange sides on the spoiler. Any thoughts on black on the engine induction covers on the back deck?

Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Great pics, Thanks for posting this, I like that painted front cup splitter and black&orange theme.

Champion what exhaust changes did you guys do on this car? Which final muffler is that (it looks to be a cup one, is it INCONEL?) Is it porsche factorycup final muffler? What side pipes were used to bypass the side mufflers? Does it retain the factory sport flaps in the exhaust system??

It seems porsche has done a good job from factory to have these cars breathing exhaust gases as freely as possible. Nice to see the dyno charts and the cup muffler style exhaust system. Do let us know who makes it. I am very much subscribed to this thread. Love the orange on these gt cars.

Originally Posted by TurboDogue
I have this car, please keep me posted on progress. If you dont mind, where did you get the black and orange windshield header? Love to get one.

Like the orange sides on the spoiler. Any thoughts on black on the engine induction covers on the back deck?
If your looking for sticker, decals or window banners I think you will be most happy talking to "porsche stripes" search them in google. they will make any colour/design you can think of. OR any colour factory decals you would ever need. Good luck.

I would say that the intakes on the rear decklid appear to be wrapped in the same meterial as the frunk lid. I know they are avalible in carbon from ROTtec, amung other companies. IMO they look amazing on the orange.

Last edited by lopro; 01-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
So what's in the "werks" for this car? So to speak

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport 997.1 GT3RS Full Build: Project "Airborne Ranger".