Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

i hope this is some sort of joke

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:26 AM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Agreed that this makes no sense. Especially with this crowd. They will have to offer the manual. I may risk fire being shot at me, but the new PDK does make sense for the track - I will still prefer a manual just because it is more fun. I am into fun and don't care as much about lap times. If I cared about lap times, I would order a 991 GT3 RS with PDK without a second thought. I like HDTV and don't see going back to analog any time soon. Better is better - let's face it, but fun is also fun and that is in a different category. Two different points of view.
Agreed, FUN IS FUN. Sure the PDK is faster and better. My F430 for example grows boring after flicking those paddles after an hr or so. When i push my left foot down for a gear change in the GT3, its always gonna be fun to me.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 930man
three months ago i would have agreed... but after driving the newest generation PDK ..I dont know... cup cars are sequential... it this the new sequential??? I can tell you more than anyone after owning 11 GT3's and two cup cars... I can tell you last weekend i drove the 991 on the track.... the PDK was insane!!!!!!!!! i caught GT3's with slicks..I love the third pedal i always will but i wont be a hater of technology
You could catch GT3's on slicks with a 996 C2 driving backwards on rims with no tires on them.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
clee is infamous around these parts
PDK only would be ridiculous considering that they took the time and effort to develop a 7-speed manual. That being said, it would seem that a 7speed manual may make it busier for the driver when your on the track....

Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You could catch GT3's on slicks with a 996 C2 driving backwards on rims with no tires on them.
lol!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZBOSS
Agreed, FUN IS FUN. Sure the PDK is faster and better. My F430 for example grows boring after flicking those paddles after an hr or so. When i push my left foot down for a gear change in the GT3, its always gonna be fun to me.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

There's still hope for us.

What really, really pisses me off about this whole discussion is that us purists do not mind having the PDK option. This isn't about PDK vs manual, this is about CHOICE. Offer a PDK! Great! Awesome! If you like PDK, buy it. However, to marginalize us purists to such an extent that you take away the option for a traditional manual altogether, that is almost spitting in our face. At least give us the bloody option. We don't care that the PDK is faster, that it's the newest tech, we want our 3rd pedal and gear levers.

-m

Last edited by Marcus Frost; 02-16-2012 at 02:10 PM.