Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 -> No manual Transmission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
So much is happening with Porsche in such a short period of time that it is making my head spin.
First no more hydraulic steering system for carrera trims
Second no more PDK in GT variants
Third no more hydraulic steering system for GT variants
Next are baby panny's, cayannes, and boxsters

What is going on?

And for the record, I don't for a second believe that they will drop kick the MT in the GT variants. I think Porsche manufactured this rumor and is just testing the water.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Inglorious

And for the record, I don't for a second believe that they will drop kick the MT in the GT variants. I think Porsche manufactured this rumor and is just testing the water.
you nailed it with this one imho!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:57 PM
tourautoracing is infamous around these parts
Why would you make a car for an enthusiast that did not come in a manual transmission. Makes no sense to me.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tourautoracing
Why would you make a car for an enthusiast that did not come in a manual transmission. Makes no sense to me.
Let's hope Porsche feels the same way.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
supersport is infamous around these parts
Was going to lay down 5 grand to get in line, no manual no deal. What options do i have now????

Old 08-26-2012, 11:08 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light

Clearly PDK ....

Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by supersport
Was going to lay down 5 grand to get in line, no manual no deal. What options do i have now????
$5,000 is absurd for a deposit, $500 is all i have ever put down and the deposit is refundable so if there's no manual you get your deposit back which is what i will do since a manual is the only transmission i want in a GT3.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by CTT-QTR
True but that doesn't mean a manual won't be available.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM
harryz is infamous around these parts
Why the fuss?
New proven technology(PDK) will bring better performance. Isn't that what its about.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:37 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by harryz
Why the fuss?
New proven technology(PDK) will bring better performance. Isn't that what its about.
No. It's about offering "choices" to customers.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kouzman
At least they should make it an option...

Certainly it will make the average driver look like a pro... extremely fast shifting, no shifting errors, perfect rev matching during downshift so no need for heel/toe technique knowledge, etc etc...

time will tell...
The skill to go through a corner at 9/10ths or 10/10ths is not something an average driver can do. I am probably in the minority here, but I am OK with the new technology. It will make the fastest drivers even faster.
Mr. B

Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM
harryz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CTT-QTR
No. It's about offering "choices" to customers.
Hear ya BUT as long as it is the 'car business' choices will be limited to items of high demand, high profitability or both.
Suspect Porsche has carefully examined its GT3 transmission choices and will go in the direction that maximizes sales and profitability.
My guess PDK is the direction if not 100% initially, a gradual phase in to 100%

Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
All Im thinking is a GT3 with a PDK is going to give us 997.1 Turbo owners a run for our money at the stop lights. It might be enough to sway me to the torque less dark side! Im all for a PDK in it.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:19 PM
HKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to all
Same same, PDK rules

Old 09-01-2012, 07:18 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Old speculation, old thread. Buy it, don't buy it. Either way every one made will be sold.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 -> No manual Transmission?