Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS 4.0 Dive plane Spoiler placement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Qs997Turbo is infamous around these parts
RS 4.0 Dive plane Spoiler placement

I just purchased a set for my 2011 GT3RS. Not sure If anyone on here have the exact measurements on where they should be placed off corners of front bumper..

Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
I'm surprised they didn't come with some sort of diagram. Maybe check with the parts department? I'm sure they could at least give you a sketch of placement. Worst case scenario, give Porsche Motorsport North America a call: (714) 546-6939

Let us know how it turns out!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Good Contact info DBV

There was a thread on rennlist where a user Larry Cable had designed some diagram
called I have some ideas for cheep aero upgrades see post # 38

Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold

Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
The dealer does not have a diagram..

These parts do not come on a cup car so no point in calling PMNA - they dont know..
We are across the street from them

Best bet is to look at some pictures or try the diagram above

Hope that helps.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:06 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
TSB #18273666
If these OEM dive planes are installed on any 997 other than a GT3 RS4.0 you take the risk of either unwanted flight or crashing /wrecking. Also these will void your CPO..

Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
TSB #18273666
If these OEM dive planes are installed on any 997 other than a GT3 RS4.0 you take the risk of either unwanted flight or crashing /wrecking. Also these will void your CPO..

Of course because they produce lift not down force LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Quick question:
Why do they void CPO?

From personal research:
from what Im told the diveplains are made to fit the 997.2 gt3 or RS bumper and the curvature of the 997..1 bumper is different (hence they will not fit 997.1 cars)

Just incase anyone is wondering about fitment - Orbit racing in florida is selling some RSR ones in CF if I am not mestaken or you can call Suncoast for the OEM ones. (where I got mine from)

Last edited by lopro; 03-08-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Of course because they produce lift not down force LOL
Only if you install them backwards.