Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

3.8 GT3 RS raise the tail wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:20 AM
HKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to all
3.8 GT3 RS raise the tail wing

Wonder anyone make taller support frame for the 3.8 GT3 RS tail wing?

Old 03-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
The cup car wing is always an option. IMO I would be carefull about finding a company that just offers a "taller" upright with out doing there home work. Remember this wing is a functional aerodynamic item not a fashion statement. Porsche does hours or wind tunnel testing to find the overall best place and function of the wing. Is there room for improvement, sure with proper R&D. Wing function and efficiently is in the realm between downforce and drag. What would happen if an upright broke at 150+? You get the idea.

Be carefull.

-Troy

Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 AM
HKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to all
Old 03-10-2012, 04:33 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
orbit racing in Florida is rumered to be working on a wing raising solution. They should be releasing info about it soon, Or you can get yourself one from Getty Design, Ma shaw or Carnewal.com has wings from the Hybrid. Best of luck

Old 03-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Yes Orbits Racing has commented on developing taller uprights for the .2RS wing.
Plus you know Orbits will do proper R&D.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
yea best bet is true cup wing or wait and see what orbit comes up with

Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Orbit is working on it.
We took some measurements yesterday, raising the OEM wing 4-5". They are looking at design and finish now. Mine will be painted gold but I think they will come very similar to the OEM finish.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Yes Orbits Racing has commented on developing taller uprights for the .2RS wing.
Plus you know Orbits will do proper R&D.

I would say Orbit would be a good choice.

-Troy

Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Orbit is working on it.
We took some measurements yesterday, raising the OEM wing 4-5". They are looking at design and finish now. Mine will be painted gold but I think they will come very similar to the OEM finish.

Gold? Going for the Bling ah Ding Ding look?

-Troy

Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
sounds good, I cant wait to hear more about them.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Mine will be painted gold
WTF

Baller

Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 AM
you mean OEM white gold, right TRAKCAR. I think it will match the mirrors and wheels very well.

Last edited by lopro; 03-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:40 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Gold? Going for the Bling ah Ding Ding look?

-Troy
I case I ever make it to South Beach....
Troy, I read the article in Total 911. Very cool!!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
If you are going to raise the wing on your GT3RS I would replace it with a "cup" wing to work with the cup uprights.

The profile of the RS wing is designed to work at a lower height because of the bow that is built into it much like a RSR.

I would not recommend raising the standard road car RS wing to roof height as on a cup for aerodynamic reasons.

If you are at a (ALMS or World Challenge) event come by the transporter and I will show you how and why.

We do have Cup wings and uprights in stock if anyone needs a complete set up.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:45 PM
The CUP wing is too big and ugly for my daily driver. I can barely get by my car in the garage as it is.
I just want my pretty oem wing out of me rear mirror vision. 4" will do, extra adjustability would be nice.
If needed we'll fix the downforce with the different angles and Gurney flap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3.8 GT3 RS raise the tail wing