Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Rev the engine in neutral but won't past 5K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 PM
HKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to all
Come on guys, I just want to try out the newly installed GMG center pipe and to have the feel of the new exhaust note.

And won't do it all the time.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
let it warm up first then let 'er rip. no biggie. just don't let it past redline.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1eY...yer_embedded#!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
However, the op was stopped at 5k by the car's governor. Had there not been a fail safe in place, he just might have taken it all the way to redline.

That being said, it's best to advise the op not to do this to his car. Nothing good can come about it.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Petrolbug is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HKFEVER
Come on guys, I just want to try out the newly installed GMG center pipe and to have the feel of the new exhaust note.

And won't do it all the time.
Hey C... normally I refrain from posting on this particular forum but since it's you... the 997.2 cars have a new governor specifically limiting this. I had the same surprise when I hopped into mine from a 997.1RS. You can defeat it by clutching-in and going in-gear.

Just make sure the engine's warmed up and pray you won't get addicted to the sound coz your neighbors will LOVE you doing that in the middle of the nite

Last edited by Petrolbug; 03-22-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:40 AM
thedoctor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
why in god's name would you want to rev a car over 5K RPms in neutral?.....forsrs.
I find this type of response a general problem on this forum. Why can't we just refrain from giving our personal critisizing opinions and just give an answer to the persons question? Instead there is this need to comment on peoples behaviours. If the guy wants to rev his engine in neutral, why should we question why he wants to do that and explain that to you?

Old 03-23-2012, 04:08 AM
HKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to all
Come on guys, members just provide their comments in good hearts. And try to stop me from breaking my engine.

Don't get mad, be happy.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thedoctor
I find this type of response a general problem on this forum. Why can't we just refrain from giving our personal critisizing opinions and just give an answer to the persons question? Instead there is this need to comment on peoples behaviours. If the guy wants to rev his engine in neutral, why should we question why he wants to do that and explain that to you?
Ummm... because responses like mine CAN help clueless people from encountering major problems from doing something seemingly senseless.... I guess if Porsche decided to put a neutral free-rev governor in the ECU mapping, then I guess that jsut goes to emphasize how stupid and potentially harmful it can be. Thanks for your post.

I'll make sure I keep an eye out for one of your questions in the future and refrain from responding.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HKFEVER
Come on guys, members just provide their comments in good hearts. And try to stop me from breaking my engine.

Don't get mad, be happy.
lol. thanks for the support. I dont want to see a perfectly good motor become a paperweight because of the need to hear the exhaust note in neutral. Go out and rev the **** out of it in gear!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
However, the op was stopped at 5k by the car's governor. Had there not been a fail safe in place, he just might have taken it all the way to redline.

That being said, it's best to advise the op not to do this to his car. Nothing good can come about it.
bingo...!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
strange. all my gt3/rs can be rev'd to redline in neutral.

you all worry too much. it it blows up, fix it and do it again.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Thank you guys, I am very happy with the rev around 5-6k near the police station in 1st gear ( running of cause ). The howling is from hell :<

Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
The car is smarter than the owner-that's all!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by turbodickie
The car is smarter than the owner-that's all!
LOL, the P factory has so many engineers.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:54 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
revving an unloaded engine is an elegant way to blow it up.