Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

FVD Brombacher - 4.0 L Conversion - Video, Dyno and Pictures!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:07 PM
scbra is infamous around these parts
OMG, I should've NOT open this thread. Did you guys upgraded the air intake also? I heard that was one of the challenges Porsche had when developing the 4.0 car. I also noticed other reputable tuners upgrading the air box as well as the air intake manifold.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Rhonda, can you post links to keep track of track miles of the first customer and maybe the first few of the next build cars?
I think these motors make most sence to the guys who track a lot and I would love to find out how many track miles and OEM 3.8 and 4.0 are good for versus the custom built FVD 4.0.
It will take time to pile on the miles, but in about 24 months many 3.8's will be running out of warranty and might need an excuse to refresh :-)
I would be happy to keep everyone posted on this car and other cars progress. We are getting our installing dealers together now so we should have a few on the tracks pretty soon in the U.S. as well so I will keep everyone posted.
Originally Posted by NorthVan
what about 3.6's, same kit?
The pistons and cylinders are the same but with some differences. Pm me your email address and I will be happy to send you an offer.
Originally Posted by scbra
OMG, I should've NOT open this thread. Did you guys upgraded the air intake also? I heard that was one of the challenges Porsche had when developing the 4.0 car. I also noticed other reputable tuners upgrading the air box as well as the air intake manifold.
Yes. The 4.0 L intake manifold is included in our kit along with a drop in BMC sport filter. We tested a few different configurations on the engine dyno and found that the cfm's were exactly where we needed them with that set up.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 05-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
We just finished the promotional video for the project..

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 05-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by NorthVan
what about 3.6's, same kit?
NorthVan, The 3.6's are $ 14,648 in parts.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 PM
tone01 is infamous around these parts
gt3

hi rhonda do you guys in fl offer install and how much is the cost

Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Roughly 50 hours to install + +. I would budget around $30K for everything.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by tone01
hi rhonda do you guys in fl offer install and how much is the cost
Florida installations will be done by Orbit Racing. The parts and labor will run you around $ 27,000. Depending on what you have for exhaust, you may also need to add our headers with 200 cell cats for $ 3,340.

Here is a link to our website for more information...

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 06-01-2012, 08:39 AM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Interesting - there is a recently sold GT3 RS at Orbit Racing - wonder whether its going to get the FVD treatment.

Know anything about that Trakcar?

Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
At 800 miles my new on is a bit fresh to mess with, but if I had kept my old car I would do it in a heartbeat with the Orbit seal of approval and warranty!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:51 AM
BillyBob is infamous around these parts
- 4.0 Liter piston's & cylinder's
- Forged Connecting Rods
Which suppliers are you using for the rods, pistons, rings and liners? Are rods still Ti?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Premium Sponsor
Here is the latest video from the shakedown test at Hockenheimring. The car passed with flying colors and will be entered in many more races this summer.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 06-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Awesome!

We'll count the track days :-)
Track hours and days would be very interesting!

Car sounds very healthy!
I hope you put in the 4.0 clutch and PP or they will break within 15000 Km's. Much sooner unless someone please teach him how to blip the throttle?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
It would good to see this car versus a OEM 4.0 and 3.8 same driver same track.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed

Old 06-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Awesome!

We'll count the track days :-)
Track hours and days would be very interesting!

Car sounds very healthy!
I hope you put in the 4.0 clutch and PP or they will break within 15000 Km's. Much sooner unless someone please teach him how to blip the throttle?
Track days and track hours will be noted for sure. The 4.0 disc and pressure plate are in the car. My understanding is that the 4.0 L was on street tires and the owners son is in the car.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher - 4.0 L Conversion - Video, Dyno and Pictures!!