Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New Product Release Agency Power Muffler Delete GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
I live for this type of stuff.

However, there are only so many ways to bend a steel pipe for this application. Plus if you want to use the OE type exhaust tips then it would stand to reason all the mounts would look the same.

I never liked guys that knocked off my parts when I was in the business back in the day, but the truth is some things or parts of a project will look the same.

Just my .02

-Troy

Old 05-06-2012, 08:14 PM
POWERHOUR is infamous around these parts
Isn't every part Vivid has ever put out been a copy? Your product descriptions don't even make it sound like you know what you are talking about.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:03 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
LOL Funny. Alex, let me know if Ben and I can work with you on making an X pipe cross over for a GT3. Here is the final product for our 996t. We made a few changes, i would like to get your opinion on it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdx4s...feature=relmfu
Not that I have anything to do with anything.... but **** me, the exhaust you guys did shuts it all down, every time I hear it I'm like WOW!!!

As you probably know, sounded so good to me, that I had to open a thread about it a couple weeks back just wanted to say congrats, love love love it!

now on topic... Wow, someone just got fisted. Well done Alex, some CIA sh*t right there!

I guess that the possibilities are relatively limited regarding this exhaust setup if you want to make it stock tip compatible (I have the GMG myself..., and then there is the RSS, which are different but because they feature "integrated" tips).
But the info Alex provided really goes to show that someone truly copied the product!

Oh and for the record... enlarging pipes on an NA motor usually results in a loss in back pressure... aka torque and power loss. Which is ever so slightly noticeable on such a setup (totally worth it though), so at least get your descriptions right boys.

All the best to Sharkwerks.
YH

Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zooyorker
Not that I have anything to do with anything.... but **** me, the exhaust you guys did shuts it all down, every time I hear it I'm like WOW!!!

As you probably know, sounded so good to me, that I had to open a thread about it a couple weeks back just wanted to say congrats, love love love it!

now on topic... Wow, someone just got fisted. Well done Alex, some CIA sh*t right there!

I guess that the possibilities are relatively limited regarding this exhaust setup if you want to make it stock tip compatible (I have the GMG myself..., and then there is the RSS, which are different but because they feature "integrated" tips).
But the info Alex provided really goes to show that someone truly copied the product!

Oh and for the record... enlarging pipes on an NA motor usually results in a loss in back pressure... aka torque and power loss. Which is ever so slightly noticeable on such a setup (totally worth it though), so at least get your descriptions right boys.

All the best to Sharkwerks.
YH
Thank you sir,your compliment means a lot to us ! Yes some moderators here do not like NOT getting a piece of the pie. Even after I inquire what it takes.

Sharwerks has an amazing facility and they know what they are doing- I envy them in a positive way. The lesson learned here is, if you are going to copy- copy from the best. : )

Old 05-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by POWERHOUR
Isn't every part Vivid has ever put out been a copy? Your product descriptions don't even make it sound like you know what you are talking about.

!! This is better than reality TV any day.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM
MrChan is infamous around these parts
As a customer I like competitive pricing with same or better features & quality (fitment, craftsmanship & durability). For this type of product, can be a DIY if I have a bender and welder at home, but it does not mean it is cost effective for me to build one unit just for my own car. I do not see “Reengineering” is an issue as long as there is no violation of patent.
Among all similar products, they all have unique features such as X-pipe, interchangeable tips or built-in, Ti material………… but the A.P. and S.W. are very much direct completion due to their design features, and its appearance. As a GT3 enthusiast, we should all know how this design evolves from : )
A good example from the thrust arm bushing, just about any machine shop can sell their own product and will be identical to a tuner shop product.
A life example is a tool selling at Sears last yr, an identical product is selling at Wal-Mart this yr for cheap………...but of course, there is always a way to create & market a product as a “reengineering” for better, or adding uniqueness : )
Some ppl buy a Tiffany diamond ring for 2k more of its actual value just because of “Tiffany”……… we all have our own answer.
My opinion is (as an inventor/designer & product engineer) , glad to see a product here than on ebay with an unknown seller and brand.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
The facts are I have an Email/order from you on 1/25/12 that says:

Can I buy a GT3 4.0L muffler bypass for a local customer.

Dan Mermelstein
Vivid Racing
Tel: 480.966.3040 x222
Web: www.vividracing.com

Is there a diagram, a jig/fixture anything? It just so happened to come out exactly like ours did? The Shark Werks exhaust looks like so:

As far as R&D goes one can only assume from this that you subscribe to the "rip off and distribute" school of thought judging from your checkered history. Agency Power has already "R&D'd" the EVO BRV's, the Tubi 997.2 Exhaust and the list keeps growing. I imagine it will catch up to you.

As I said before to you many times if you get stuff like this knocked-off and made cheaply in the far east you can expect the welds to fail.

Sorry 6speeders but anyone that mentions this post we'll be sure to discount for you and include an American flag for you to wave. Try to buy the real thing or at least one of the other real options.

Here it is again for you in case you haven't seen the real thing:

Anyways, I wanted to thank the 6speeders (the ones that post and who don't) for bringing this to my attention and for the support over the years.

Last edited by sharkster; 05-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
GothamCayenne is infamous around these partsGothamCayenne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster

Dan Mermelstein
Vivid Racing

Is there a diagram, a jig/fixture anything? It just so happened to come out exactly like ours did? The Shark Werks exhaust looks like so:

As far as R&D goes one can only assume from this that you subscribe to the "rip off and distribute" school of thought judging from your checkered history. Agency Power has already "R&D'd" the EVO BRV's, the Tubi 997.2 Exhaust and the list keeps growing. I imagine it will catch up to you.

As I said before to you many times if you get stuff like this knocked-off and made cheaply in the far east you can expect the welds to fail.

Sorry 6speeders but anyone that mentions this post we'll be sure to discount for you and include an American flag for you to wave. Try to buy the real thing or at least one of the other real options.

Here it is again for you in case you haven't seen the real thing:

Anyways, I wanted to thank the 6speeders (the ones that post and who don't) for bringing this to my attention and for the support over the years.
This is the first I hear of any of this type of stuff. I am not intimately involved with any of those sort of parts because I do not have any of these cars, but wow, this seems pretty bad.

Last edited by GothamCayenne; 05-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM
blunt is infamous around these parts
Bump for knock off seller.

Last edited by blunt; 05-10-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Forgot text.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:32 PM
blunt is infamous around these parts
In all seriousness, you get what you pay for. Putting a cheap China-made exhaust on your GT3 will say a lot about the owner not caring about their car. It's a fact that the quality of steel and welds coming from Chinese knockoff parts are **** poor.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 PM
MDiau is infamous around these parts
I have recently sold my GT3 and moved over to a C63 AMG mainly due to upcoming newborn. Last year I bought the track exhaust from Alex@Sharkwerks and its was an amazing exhaust. Hey why dont you copy that too! LOL

Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster

Dan Mermelstein
Vivid Racing

As far as R&D goes one can only assume from this that you subscribe to the "rip off and distribute" school of thought judging from your checkered history.

Discount not necessary. I will now cease to purchase anything from Vivid/Agency Power now and forever. In fact, I was looking over their 40% off sale from their buyout of another vendor and after reading this, I'd rather pay full price for those items. I'm a man of principle.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 05-11-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
Super uncool Vivid! We will keep supporting Sharkwerks in TX, and refuse putting your products on our customer cars. They are worth more than this!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
You never regret buying quality, you always regret buying a piece of $#!T.

-Troy

Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Alex,

If I mention this thread will you discount a brembo gtr kit and Motorsport abs system?

:-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Product Release Agency Power Muffler Delete GT3