Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Most Cost effective way to convert my GT3 wind to GT3RS Wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Ignore Amos is infamous around these parts
Most Cost effective way to convert my GT3 wind to GT3RS Wing

Ok guys...just purchased a 997.1 GT3 and would like to go to the GT3RS C/F wing (or similar) so did a search and read the existing threads on how others have done this..but I just don't have the budget to spend 4-8k+ on a wing..I could stomach maybe half that...$2-3k at the max. Am I dreaming? are there other alternatives? From what I can tell the whole rear deck needs to be replaced as well as the wing..correct?

any suggestions would be appreciated

Michael

Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
Orbit Racing is infamous around these partsOrbit Racing is infamous around these parts
You will find different option on the market right now. We do offer a RS wing replacement, and we keep the Porsche factory quality. Our prices are not competitive with those manufactures, but you get what you pay for.
I personally don't want anything less than OEM parts quality in my personal car.
We also offer the 2010+ GT3 RS engine lid with 2007 fitment.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
I think your best bet is to find a used OEM wing. Any real CF wing in the $2-3k range is going to be of questionable quality.

It all depends on how much you value looks vs build quality. I for one, like the 997.1 wing, and would just keep that. Spend the money on racing school or suspension bits. IMO, unless you plan on upgrading more than just the wing, leave it be.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Ignore Amos is infamous around these parts
Hear what you guys are saying...for the most part you almost always get what you pay for..I'm not that stuck on OEM if the quality is there. Id like to see if somebody had a use factory GT3RS wing..I'm open but would guess they are still out of my price range- I too could sell my existing GT3 rear deck and wing and I'd assuming it would bring decent money- but sort of thought I might want to keep it to return the rear to stock for one day down the road when I want to sell it... the whole reason for the GT3RS wing is purely aesthetic- I just love the way they make the car look (definitely boy racer but in this case I can live with that

I did speak in length to Mike at MA Shaw (the owner) hell of a nice guy...and if I went that route, I'd be under the 3k budget (and that's complete with a C/F wing) Here's a couple of examples of thier wing...honestly I can't tell the difference in style..but Im sure they are NOT of same quality of the OEM

so I'll do a little more homework...weigh my options..and look for that OEM GT3RS to show up..cheap

thanks again for the input!

Last edited by Ignore Amos; 05-24-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:47 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Most guys with RS's keep there tail and deck lid, they like to return them to stock if they sell them.